MHM Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2016

2.7

Physician Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MHM Services (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and they checked refferences, The phone interview is usually with the direct report and then with the Director of that department. Then I did a combined conversation with the two of them and was made a job offer after that. This is a pedning offer with referrences checks and backgrounds needing to be done.

Interview Questions

• Lots of question about experience, questions about previous copmpany, if I was able to work from home and stay focused, type of candidates I have worked with, number of positions I could handle   1 Answer
    • Q: type of candidates I have worked with, number of positions I could handle   1 Answer

Interview

When I was hired I meet with 2 staff members, program director and administrative assistant. They asked questions about my experience, how I would handle various scenarios and discussed the program. In last 6 months the staff dynamic remains the same however your asked to give a handwritten writing example and asked a barrage of different questions that don't seem pertinent to the job. The whole process is degrading as they correct your work in front of you and point out mistakes. It's weird to handwrite when all of the work is completed on computers with the benefit of spell and grammar check. So if you're like me with bad handwriting you will not get the job even though I'm excellent on the computer.

Also they check out all references so be careful the people you list. From what I understand they can be very inappropriate on the phone especially the director. Asking questions that many references stated are private about personal life and lifestyle. The probing into work issues, performance, staff issues and personal interactions.

Interview Questions

• Ask about your personal life and family seem to want to know if you have responsibilities that could effect work (i.e. Sick family, spouse, children or home issues.) Your future goals, educational history, your goals if hired, desired salary, willingness to cooperate with company goals   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MHM Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Have not been hired. Started with phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. Phone recruiter and personal interviewer were very nice and easy to talk to. I have not had an offer and this is not a job I am interested in if that even happens.

Interview Questions

• How would I keep track of my daily task.   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MHM Services (Norfolk, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short, it only took one day. The setting was very laid back and they did not ask me a lot about my experience. they just asked me what shift i wanted and when i said i wanted Day shift they said that they could only offer me 11-7. I said okay fine, then when i asked about mandating. They had told me that no one ever gets mandated. LOL!!! such a lie. When i got off training a month later and for the rest of my time being an employee there, I was mandated from 11-7 to work 7-3 at least twice a week. Management is very misleading

Interview Questions

• Experience, what shift you want   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MHM Services (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was pleasant and very professional,the initial interview was on the phone and then over the course of a couple of weeks several managers also interviewed me. It was a quick and efficient process all together.

Interview Questions

• When are you able to start a new position
      Why do you feel you would be good for the position
      1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MHM Services.

Interview

Had one phone interview with a corporate headhunter. Ha second interview face to face with person that was assigned to be the Program Director for the State of California.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions the interviewer and I were on the same page.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MHM Services.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. The two members of the staff that I interviewed with were extremely nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Was asked about myself, my skills, and what i do in my current position   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew the set amount when I applied.

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MHM Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I met with two recruiters/interviewers who asked me some very basic/standard interview questions: Why should I hire you for this job? What do you look for in a boss? Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge at work?
    The feeling of the interview was friendly and casual-esque.
    I received an email from the manager within a few days time and then filled out the massive amounts of paperwork required for the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your strengths and how would you apply it to the job or give an example of how you have applied it in the past in a work environment.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHM Services (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruiter calls you, and tells you a low ball figure for salary. If you did not know any better, as I did, you accept it. During the interview, the regional and state directors tell you a slightly hire amount. This is still LESS than the amount they are authorized to pay you. You accept, having been low-balled, TWICE.

Interview Questions

• You have to take a psych test during the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I did not negotiate. Consequently, I make less than the rest of my co-workers.

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHM Services (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by an HR person from main office to give details of position and asked if I would be interested in an interview. After confirmation that I was interested I was told I'd be contacted by "someone" to set up a telephone interview, several days later I was contacted by the sites program manager and went over my skills, training, and experience, after which an on-site interview was scheduled.

Negotiation

There was absolutely NO NEGOTIATION. I was told that there were also NO RAISES (cost of living or otherwise) no step increases, NO NOTHING. I understood that and that was fine, so I am not complaining.