Mad Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.0

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Generic phone interview, then they schedule you for a "group" interview on site at their office with other applicants. Pretty relaxed process, they let you know if you're hired within a few days.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just ask about prior experiences with teaching and/or working with kids.   1 Answer

TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mad Science in June 2017.

Interview

First they have you fill out a long form with the typical interview questions, which took me around half an hour. For a teacher's assistant, the interview was extremely short.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science in June 2017.

Interview

There were three applicants for the interview. First we filled out an application and a questionaire. Then we took turns answering questions from the manager. We each were asked to select an item from a bucket a do a demo with it. We were given 5-10 minutes to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What would my present/last employer say about me. Why would I make a great Mad Scientist.   Answer Question

Summer Camp Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to work as a temporary Summer Camp Instructor for Mad Science and I received an email asking to meet for a short interview at their main office. I arrived ten minutes before my interview set time and I was greeted by a worker who showed me into a room to fill a questionnaire. It seems it was more of a personality test as some of the questions asked were:
    What is something fun about you that wouldn’t be found on your resume?
    If you had an elephant and had to keep it, what would you do first?
    If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
    Who is the smartest person you know personally and why?

Sometime after answering the paper, the interviewer greeted me and showed me to their office. It was a standard interview and afterwards the interviewer would let me know in about a week if I was accepted into the training stage.

Something to mention is that throughout the building there were equipment that the employees would use for the events. This job required you to drive to the office to pick up supplies and then drive to the location and set up/take down.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mad Science?
      Do you have any experience with children?
      Can you describe the color yellow to a blind person?
      We have a number of candidates applying for this job and we can't hire every one of them, why should we choose you over the others? Sell yourself.   Answer Question

After School Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mad Science (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I tried my best to dress professionally, but to my surprise my fellow interviewees and interviewers were dressed fairly casually. The interview was primarily the interviewer informing us of the job requirements to help clarify job responsibilities, for what I would say was 80% of the interview. The questions themselves were easy except for the last question that was essentially stand-up improv. I am enthusiastic about education, but I'm not what anyone would call a performer. One thing that deterred me a little bit during the interview process was the interviewer's need to emphasize profit and money. I understand that at the end of the day this is just another business, but I was looking for an organization with an emphasis on the well-being of the children.

Overall the interview was surprisingly easy, I did not think I would be accepted based on my experience. The style of interview was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Present the three rules of MadScience. 1) Don't talk when the teacher is talking, 2) Don't touch the teacher's equipment, 3) Have fun!   Answer Question

Commute was too far.

Mad Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Lasted 30 minutes with two other people interviewing. Very easy. If you have experience with kids, you'll get the job. You do have to get fingerprinted though and a background check.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mad Science (Concord, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The lady from front desk will being you a bunch of paper to filling in personal information and some interview questions, then the manager will talk to you and introduce some job details. If you are hired they will ask you to sign more paper work and give you a training section.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if there are some students go wild and not willing to listen to you.   Answer Question

Mad Scientist/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science (Sacramento, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Paper questionnaire to fill out. Short/easy conversation with HR person- tell about yourself and your experience. Got some info on the company and the nature of the job. Brief role play / lesson demo based on scripted science lesson with only 1 HR person observing. Immediate feedback on the demo. Job offer same day.

Workshop Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mad Science (Newark, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

They came to my university to interview a group of college students. They show a video, explain their mission, answer any questions as a group then break off into short individual interviews,

Interview Questions

• Have to think on your feet: they ask you to try and sell one of the toy prizes they give to the children at the end of the workshop. It's a very simple toy (a small tube) and you have to sell it with things like, "Look at how cool this is! You can fit it on your fingers like this or try to compete to see how far you can shoot it!" etc.   Answer Question

Mad Scientist/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mad Science (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought into a group interview, shown around the warehouse, and then privately brought one on one for a few questions about my background with children. Very relaxed atmosphere, hiring manager based a lot off of personality he said. The other people I interviewed with were outgoing, as am I, so I felt like he knew immediately who he would hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience.   1 Answer