Maggiano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maggiano's Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2018

2.0

Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's in May 2018.

Interview

It was an easy interview - it was more so a conversation to know who you are. I had no experience so we just talked and talked about the stuff on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here - how do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

unprofessional, unsympathetic biased, these people are only looking for people to fill the holes led to believe that it is something it is not. Wants you to sacrifice your entire time for their cause.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Feb 14, 2018 – PW Coordinator

We value your feedback. We are very proud of our newest Maggiano's location at Overland Park, KS and ensure that not only are the guests having a wonderful experience, but our Teammates are as well... More

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Phone call
    Class (up to ten people) + food tasting + wine tastings
    A lot of hours (up to eight hours a day + three shifts following a server)
    The classes involved a lot of material covering, etiquette and best practices.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Nov 15, 2017 – PW Coordinator

We appreciate the feedback and we strive to make the initial interview process as efficient as possible. We want to ensure that you are fully set up for success before you are initiated into the... More

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Troy, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. The general manager interviewed my first. We mostly talked about my experience and why I was interested in the position. After about 10 minutes I talked to another manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Nov 15, 2017 – PW Coordinator

We are so glad that you had a successful interview experience! It allows us to know that we are right on track with bringing the right talent into our restaurants in a quick amount of time.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Troy, MI).

Interview

I had to wait about 20 minutes before the manager came out. He was very friendly and the interview was pretty quick and comfortable. I left with the job that day.

Interview Questions

• They asked my experience. They are feeling out your attitude as well, I believe, since that is so important in customer service.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Personality test, if passed then I was invited to an in person interview. After you take the test make sure to thank them for the opportunity and give a follow up call, to see if you passed.

Interview Questions

• When climbing stairs, will you take one step at a time or two?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online. Within a week or two, I was given a call for an in-person interview. When I went to the restaurant, I waited for almost an hour to speak to a manager. Then, we went over my work history. I answered a few questions. After that, they called their manager to further the interview. When that was complete, they informed me I would get a call if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are two words that describe you in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • What is your main task as a hostess?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's in April 2017.

Interview

i cannot remember much since it felt like a long time. they'll tell me where i am going to work and what my job will be and the first day as well showing you around the restaurant.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, one at a time. If interview goes well with those two managers, you will then be interviewed by the general manager. If the interview goes well with general manager the manager for position applied with return and explain that you will receive a phone call in the next two days with an offer.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's in January 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with an assistant manager, and the next with a general manager. The whole process took about 45 minutes. I was hired on the spot and completed paperwork to begin training the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you address an angry or upset guest   1 Answer