Maggiano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maggiano's Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2018

2.0

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Personality test, if passed then I was invited to an in person interview. After you take the test make sure to thank them for the opportunity and give a follow up call, to see if you passed.

Interview Questions

• When climbing stairs, will you take one step at a time or two?   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was easy. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. That was 5 years ago though. The new management team makes you feel like a number not a person. Offered me glass a water. Asked if I ever worked in food service. Hired on the spot. And said good luck it's going to be intense training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for maggianos?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with three different upper management personnel. The interviewers were very nice. They were prepared with pertinent questions. They really seemed to listen to my answers. I was able to ask questions regarding the company. They provided more incite as to benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a server?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Phone call
    Class (up to ten people) + food tasting + wine tastings
    A lot of hours (up to eight hours a day + three shifts following a server)
    The classes involved a lot of material covering, etiquette and best practices.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Nov 15, 2017 – PW Coordinator

We appreciate the feedback and we strive to make the initial interview process as efficient as possible. We want to ensure that you are fully set up for success before you are initiated into the... More

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Clear Lake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two part interview with 2 different mangers, the management team is very relaxed but you should still dress business casual. Make sure you fill out application online before trying to meet with the management team.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. The Manager asked me basic serving questions, such as previous job.
    Where do I go to school. How many days of week can I work. etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life and so on. They care more about your inner character to see if you can deal with people.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's in January 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with an assistant manager, and the next with a general manager. The whole process took about 45 minutes. I was hired on the spot and completed paperwork to begin training the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you address an angry or upset guest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

unprofessional, unsympathetic biased, these people are only looking for people to fill the holes led to believe that it is something it is not. Wants you to sacrifice your entire time for their cause.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Feb 14, 2018 – PW Coordinator

We value your feedback. We are very proud of our newest Maggiano's location at Overland Park, KS and ensure that not only are the guests having a wonderful experience, but our Teammates are as well... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (San Antonio, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I had a personality test followed by a phone call a couple of days later. I think i had a personality test, anyway. i mostly remember being called in for an interview and the GM and i talked for a while about how i viewed customer care, the importance of people. the basic run down is "do you care about people or are you a sociopath?" If you truly care about people and great customer service, the hiring process is easy.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the restaurant owner who was very professional but also made me feel comfortable. He told me about the restaurant philosophy and introduced me to management and some servers. I left with a very good feeling about the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you offer to our team? Have you dined here, and if so what did you have?   Answer Question