Maggiano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maggiano's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Phone call
    Class (up to ten people) + food tasting + wine tastings
    A lot of hours (up to eight hours a day + three shifts following a server)
    The classes involved a lot of material covering, etiquette and best practices.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Nov 15, 2017 – PW Coordinator

We appreciate the feedback and we strive to make the initial interview process as efficient as possible. We want to ensure that you are fully set up for success before you are initiated into the... More

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Troy, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. The general manager interviewed my first. We mostly talked about my experience and why I was interested in the position. After about 10 minutes I talked to another manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Maggiano's Response

Nov 15, 2017 – PW Coordinator

We are so glad that you had a successful interview experience! It allows us to know that we are right on track with bringing the right talent into our restaurants in a quick amount of time.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Troy, MI).

Interview

I had to wait about 20 minutes before the manager came out. He was very friendly and the interview was pretty quick and comfortable. I left with the job that day.

Interview Questions

• They asked my experience. They are feeling out your attitude as well, I believe, since that is so important in customer service.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maggiano's.

Interview

Personality test, if passed then I was invited to an in person interview. After you take the test make sure to thank them for the opportunity and give a follow up call, to see if you passed.

Interview Questions

• When climbing stairs, will you take one step at a time or two?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online. Within a week or two, I was given a call for an in-person interview. When I went to the restaurant, I waited for almost an hour to speak to a manager. Then, we went over my work history. I answered a few questions. After that, they called their manager to further the interview. When that was complete, they informed me I would get a call if I was hired.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, one at a time. If interview goes well with those two managers, you will then be interviewed by the general manager. If the interview goes well with general manager the manager for position applied with return and explain that you will receive a phone call in the next two days with an offer.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First I want to say that everyone at Maggiano's was extremely nice, but this interview process was shoddy.
    I was contacted on a Thursday and told to fill out an evaluation form and that they'd get back with me the next day to set up an interview time.
    Four days later after no response I checked back in and they said sorry, and that someone would be back to me within a day to set up an interview.
    A week later and still no response I follow up again and that finally triggered the interview. The interview itself was great, and everyone at the company was extremely nice. It was on a Friday and I was told they'd let me know one way or another by early the next week.
    Over two weeks went by and I finally followed up. They got back to me within an hour to let me know I didn't get the job, so obviously they had know for awhile.
    Again, this seems like a great company to work for and everyone was great, but there is a serious lack of communication with applicants so if you're applying get ready to stay on the initiative.

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was easy. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. That was 5 years ago though. The new management team makes you feel like a number not a person. Offered me glass a water. Asked if I ever worked in food service. Hired on the spot. And said good luck it's going to be intense training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for maggianos?   1 Answer

Maitre D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I scheduled an interview with the GM who was out of town when I showed up. (Red Flag #1). The interview had to be rescheduled. The interview was set for 2pm didn't get interviewed till almost 3pm. I was interviewed by the Assistant Manager who basically throughout the interview complained about his employees, (red flag #2), and did not represent his company culture in a professional manner. He basically offered me another position (red flag #3), which is code for "we've already hired someone internally, but if you still want to work here we have something else you could do." I was scheduled to return for a second interview with the GM, but decided there were other things I could be spending my time on.

Interview Questions

• Non really, just ranting on about the difficulties of the job. Issues with existing hostesses and Maitre 'D   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Two separate interviews. First one was good, easy questions and just making sure I've served before. They did however make me wait about 30-45 minutes. I scheduled an interview for 3 and wasn't seen until 330ish. Fine, I understand miscommunication. Second interview started out fine. Interviewer seemed very condescending when I mentioned my previous workplace. Interrupted me a lot and was very rude despite the "welcoming environment" the interviewer brought up several times throughout the interview. Claims they are a laid back staff but the interviewer snapped at me when I misspoke calling the restaurant fine dining instead of business casual. I'm not sure if this was testing my patience to deal with obnoxious customers but either way, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a customer happy, tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question