Maggiano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

1.9

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First I want to say that everyone at Maggiano's was extremely nice, but this interview process was shoddy.
    I was contacted on a Thursday and told to fill out an evaluation form and that they'd get back with me the next day to set up an interview time.
    Four days later after no response I checked back in and they said sorry, and that someone would be back to me within a day to set up an interview.
    A week later and still no response I follow up again and that finally triggered the interview. The interview itself was great, and everyone at the company was extremely nice. It was on a Friday and I was told they'd let me know one way or another by early the next week.
    Over two weeks went by and I finally followed up. They got back to me within an hour to let me know I didn't get the job, so obviously they had know for awhile.
    Again, this seems like a great company to work for and everyone was great, but there is a serious lack of communication with applicants so if you're applying get ready to stay on the initiative.

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was easy. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. That was 5 years ago though. The new management team makes you feel like a number not a person. Offered me glass a water. Asked if I ever worked in food service. Hired on the spot. And said good luck it's going to be intense training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for maggianos?   1 Answer

Maitre D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I scheduled an interview with the GM who was out of town when I showed up. (Red Flag #1). The interview had to be rescheduled. The interview was set for 2pm didn't get interviewed till almost 3pm. I was interviewed by the Assistant Manager who basically throughout the interview complained about his employees, (red flag #2), and did not represent his company culture in a professional manner. He basically offered me another position (red flag #3), which is code for "we've already hired someone internally, but if you still want to work here we have something else you could do." I was scheduled to return for a second interview with the GM, but decided there were other things I could be spending my time on.

Interview Questions

• Non really, just ranting on about the difficulties of the job. Issues with existing hostesses and Maitre 'D   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Two separate interviews. First one was good, easy questions and just making sure I've served before. They did however make me wait about 30-45 minutes. I scheduled an interview for 3 and wasn't seen until 330ish. Fine, I understand miscommunication. Second interview started out fine. Interviewer seemed very condescending when I mentioned my previous workplace. Interrupted me a lot and was very rude despite the "welcoming environment" the interviewer brought up several times throughout the interview. Claims they are a laid back staff but the interviewer snapped at me when I misspoke calling the restaurant fine dining instead of business casual. I'm not sure if this was testing my patience to deal with obnoxious customers but either way, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a customer happy, tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Troy, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview, asked basic questions off of a script about experiences and possible scenarios. They ask about your previous jobs and what you did, and then ask a lot about your comfort-ability with serving as well as customers. they ask you what you know about the restaurant as well.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I'm fresh out of college and luckily have found full-time employment in my field. However, I was looking for a second job (nights and weekends) to supplement my income.

My interview was scheduled for noon on a weekday. Around 11:45 a.m., as I was pulling into the parking lot, I got a call asking me to come at 1 p.m. instead. I was using PTO from my primary job to do this interview in the first place, and it didn't make sense to drive back to work only to turn around again. I killed some time browsing at nearby stores and arrived at Maggiano's at 1. I let an employee know who I was and what I was there for, and she went back to let a manager know. Forty minutes passed before someone came to get me for the interview.

When I finally did meet with a manager, the interview itself only lasted about 10 minutes. He seemed to think I had applied for a general "stocking" position, which he described as "right below a busser" -- meaning I would have to "work [my] way up to bussing." Fine, whatever. Then he asked if I would be able to handle working two jobs. Obviously I did or I wouldn't have bothered applying, but I responded politely. I told him that I sat at a desk all day at my full-time job, so I wouldn't arrive to a second job physically taxed by any means. Despite what I said, he informed me that bussing is very exhausting and I probably wouldn't be a good fit. He told me that one of their current bussers worked construction during the day and came to the restaurant at night, but he was a "special case."

He asked if I would be interested in a hostess position which may or may not be available. The manager then asked me to come back the next day to meet with the other supervisors. He said that sometimes they do three or even four interviews for each position. After wasting more than two hours and being on the receiving end of subtle condescension and sexism, I certainly wasn't going to return on four more occasions for a position that might not even be open. I had fewer interviews for my full-time, BA-required, benefits-included, corporate job.

TL;DR Unless you are a man with no other commitments and a lot of time to kill, I would highly discourage you from applying at this location.

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Richmond, VA).

Interview

It was very laid back. Textbook interview questions. Called next day to let me know I was hired. They want to know your must difficult customer in previous jobs and how you dealt with the situation.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Completed an online application and received an email asking to schedule an interview the next day. When I arrived, I told the hostess I was there for an interview. She said okay. However, I had to wait 10 minutes past my interview time and remind a different hostess that I was there. When the manager met with me, it was in a quiet corner of the busy restaurant. He asked about my past work history as well as my availability. The interview felt causal and conversational, however, the manager painted a VERY negative picture of the job. He made it seem like many people fail at the job. I was supposed to have a second interview that day, but I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy, applied online and then was asked back. I scheduled an interview online and had an interview a few days later at the restaurant. I was hired on the spot because of my work experience and the manager and I really got along, which was nice. I then had orientation the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are triple sat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Clear Lake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two part interview with 2 different mangers, the management team is very relaxed but you should still dress business casual. Make sure you fill out application online before trying to meet with the management team.