Maggiano's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 105 of over 105 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maggiano's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Las Vegas, NV) in Nov 2021

Interview

I applied online through an automated system, received my interview date right after. I showed up about 10 minutes early and let the hostess know that I was there for an interview. He wrote my name down then gave me a paper application to fill out. Bring your resume and have all of your supervisor contacts already written down because I was missing a couple and had to pull out my phone to find it (huge pet peeve of mine during interviews). I felt terrible. Anyways, the Assistant Manager was interviewing others individually so I waited for my turn. Once it was my turn I handed him the paper app, a printed copy of my availability(not required), and my resume. We walked to a closed section in the restaurant and began the process. He looked over my resume and availability. I spoke on it briefly. He asked me how’s my wine knowledge? I was honest and said not that great. Then he tested the level we was at by saying, “if I was sat in your section and ordered a spaghetti and meatballs which wine would be paired with it” Not right away, but I did say, “Merlot” however, I was not confident in that answer and I also showed it unfortunately. He said that would work, any Red wine. He also asked me about my knowledge on Spirits. He asked me “if I sat in your section and I ordered an Apple Martini” I responded with “Would you like Kettle One with that” He replied “meh” so I started to get nervous and just started throwing out other Vodkas but I was so nervous I started listing all vodkas that were not too shelf/Premium Vodkas smh. I should have said Grey Goose or Absolute. He also asked me how much was I expecting to make in tips in a shift. We talked about if I’m hired which shifts I would start out as and the amount of tables I would have. Once that was done he told me he had to finish up his interviews for the week and might get back to me or that I can call him. So I’m assuming I did not get the the job. The Interviewer was very nice and he did try to make things comfortable for me, I just let my nervousness get the best of me.

Interview Questions
  • How is your knowledge on Wine/Spirits? If I sat in your section and ordered Spaghetti and meatballs what would be paired with it? If I sat in your section and ordered an Apple Martini what would you suggest?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (San Antonio, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

The chef and sous chef sit down with you and discuss your hours availability and what experience you have that may be applicable to the position. Once you explain they then go over whether you want to be full time or part time.

Interview Questions
  • What work experience do you have that would aid in your position here?

Maggiano's

Application

I interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview

They call you over to the store and the manager asks a about your experience and availability. Then you have to come in for a 2nd interview. It was really very chill.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Vernon Hills, IL) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview lasted about 25 minutes. It was a two part interview. Each part was assessed by different people. Simple questions asked such as background, relevant experience and a question to assessed your thinking skills.

Interview Questions
  • What is your background? What is your experience as a server? Availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Las Vegas, NV) in Aug 2021

Interview

The manager made me wait for an hour before he finally came out to interview me. He asked me how much money I was making in tips at my current job and said he would call me back within a week to follow up. He gave me his business card so I can call him back and follow up. his business card phone was missing 2 digits and when I emailed him. He never responded. Unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Woodland Hills, KY) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick at this location. It is probably because they understaffed due to the whole pandemic. If you need a job quick, this is the place to go! I would suggest you do any position but the host. No tips.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maggiano's

Application

I interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview

Previous job and work history overview while discussing job responsibilities and whether or not you were comfortable or efficient performing said responsibilities. Managers were mainly looking for character and personality fit rather than specific skills and experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maggiano's

Application

I interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview

Pretty short and to the point. May have 2-3 interviews and meet with various people including GM, AGM, and other assistant managers. Come in with confidence and a sales driven attitude. Those two things coupled with experience should land you the job!

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you disagreed with your superior and how did you handle it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Baltimore, MD) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview for me was completely autonomous, it was quick and easy. I have the in person interview tmrw and I get a great feeling from what I’ve seen. Must be 30 words must be 30 words

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maggiano's

Application

I interviewed at Maggiano's

Interview

3 interviews with all 4 managers, most of the questions were a lot of repeats. They didn’t try to intimidate me and the conversation felt natural.it’s was an overall good interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Interviews