Maine Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maine Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.5

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center in June 2016.

Interview

The Process took over 3 months. 1 round of interview, very basic and easy questions. I was supposed to have mine with the Director. Instead had it with entire team.
    They asked intelligent questions plus they also talked about the role, the team and gave a very good idea about the team I would be working with. I'm still waiting to hear back so I think their interview process is quite slow.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center.

Interview

Three interviews, one with HR, one with the supervisors and then a group interview with peers. Overall they went well and asked a variety of questions about my background and where I saw myself in the future.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Healthcare Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center (Portland, ME) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a tour of the hospital, including participation in the daily morning process improvement drive. Next, met with two teams of 2-3 interviewers who were interested in my background to assess suitability to the position. Concluded with a presentation to about 20 people on work done.

Friendly and relaxed environment. Salary low, but is a non-profit organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center (Portland, ME).

Interview

Began with a dinner meeting the night before the interview. The following day was an all-day interview with many stakeholders that would interact with the person that was hired for this position.

Interview Questions

• Share a difficult moment where you had to deal with a person who was quite confrontational. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Radiology Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center.

Interview

You first apply online and then you sit before a panel of hiring people and they ask you questions and you answer. It wasn't intimidating or anything like that. They ask about your experience, skills, strengths, and weaknesses. They look at your resume and cover letter so make sure to have those updated.

Entry Level Management Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and was contacted for an interview the next week. Phone interview was very casual. Went over expectations (salary expectations, why Portland, what do you know about MMC, etc.)

In-person interview was a two-day affair. Lead HR lady was standoffish towards me. Managers at MMC are very experienced and nice.

Some nepotism going on at MMC.

Never ended up getting reimbursed for travel despite submitting my claim

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center.

Interview

On-line process very cumbersome. Communication lacking from HR about status and process. Took 2 months from application to interview. Day long interview process with 50% of those participating not coached about how to interview, or not interested

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think it's routine to see how inexpensively a person can be hired. Seems like it was no trouble increasing by 10%.

Nurse Interview

Interview

submit app, meet manager, meet comite, get job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

IS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center.

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 in-person interviews, and was surprised how little they asked about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated and it was very easy to get $5K more than offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maine Medical Center (Portland, ME) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy - I only got asked one question and the entire interview was spent listening to the director of the floor talk about how great their floor is. The hiring process was quick for the most part and I got an offer shortly after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest surprise to you after graduating nursing school and entering the nursing workforce.   1 Answer