Makerbot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makerbot Interview Questions

Interviews at Makerbot

2.6

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

Applied online. I spoke to a recruiter via the phone. The role seemed to align with what I was looking for in a role however I quickly realized there was no career path.

Compensation was a lot lower than I imagined or heard about. I decided to not proceed as the hourly pay is approx the minimum wage amount in NY/NJ area

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you are looking for in your next role   Answer Question

Customer Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

Very simple phone call going over resume & experience .. once they went into compensation, it became clear this company is not looking for competent employees .. who in New York City would accept such a low salary? I made more working part time in High School lol

Customer Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Makerbot in December 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR employee, mostly for screening purposes. They were very nice, and transparent about compensation, benefits, and PTO -- I suspect they understand that what they offer is far below industry standard, and so they don't want to waste anyone's time who's looking for better pay and health coverage. That being said, I withdrew my application pretty soon after the interview because of the pay/benefits. It was a mixed bag: disappointing because it seems like a neat place to work, but again, it was nice to not feel like my time was being wasted.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the work experience on your resume?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

It was good experience. For technical interview, prepare for what you have in you resume and how it relates to job requirement. Response from HR was quick. They will not keep you waiting for result. People are very soft spoken

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

First a phone screen with the technical lead, at which point they rejected me citing lack of experience. I sent a rebuttal email asking to prove my skills with a coding test, which they responded to positively and sent over a coding test involving Docker, Redis, and HTTP. I completed the test (my solution was correct according to their test) and sent it back, at which point they rejected me again citing only lack of experience with no feedback about my submission. I asked for feedback on my submission and received no response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in one of your applications.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly easy. It was a panel interview. Senior Manager and department manager present were present for both the phone and in-person interview. It started with a detailed phone interview reviewing my understanding of the company and basic why do you think your good for this role and provided an overview of the role itself. The in-person interview they seemed to as a few more questions. They asked questions based around your understanding of Mechanical terms, basic problem-solving questions and process analysis questions. It took about 2 weeks to get all the information you needed back from them.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the difference between a self-tapping screw and a machine screw?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online, followed by a phone interview with COO and then on-site interview with 4 people. I will not recommend anyone to apply in this company because they really don't know what they are doing. Comments mentioned in the company review section are right. The senior management is very rude and undisciplined. They don't treat people respectfully and don't have any professionalism with follow-up process. They themselves mentioned that their turnover rate is high and they are trying to downsize the company now. After the interview, I came home with a sense that this company will be out of business soon.

Interview Questions

• I think a resume is full of lies, that's why I don't like resumes. So what can you tell me outside the resume?   2 Answers

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter sent a hacker rank test for me to complete which was simple enough. I had made it to the on-site interview where they had a panel of different people talk to me, including a whiteboard interview and tech assessment.

Less than a week later they wanted me to come back for another on-site interview and interview with another team. I did and within the week they told me that they were going to give me an offer. The only problem was that they had to wait for their budget to be cleared, and that I was the only person in that pipeline. They were assuring me that it was only a matter of time until I would get the offer letter, being that I had another standing offer. I waited for their budget to be cleared and eventually gave up after 3 weeks of waiting. Two months after they told me I was going to get an offer, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, had a phone screen then had a few interviews with team members in Brooklyn office. After two days I got an offer. A week later, they emailed me that this position was on hold due to their budget issue. Very unprofessional in their hiring process. Wouldn't recommend here.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked a little bit about class projects as well as my experience with 3D printers. It was pretty casual overall, just two 30-45 minute phone interviews with mechanical engineers. After a few weeks I was contacted by phone and told I got the internship and that I'd have couple of weeks to decide to take it or not.

Interview Questions

• What's an idea you've had to improve 3D printers you've used?   Answer Question