Makerbot Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makerbot Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Makerbot

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

No transparency in the interview process. The job descriptions are not well defined. No response even after following up a number a times after the interview. After a number of emails and phone calls, they responded back as if they are interested and moving to the next step in the process. Again no information whatsoever after that..had to follow up a number of times over phone and email.
Answering all the questions in the interview was not enough and not even sure what they are expecting/looking for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Makerbot

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's horrible interview process!! I've got a phone interview, asked several questions, the engineer told me everything's fine, but they only hire citizens. I got the idea, thinking it's the end. However, the funny thing was that HR told me they were still interview other candidates, no feedback to me. Even more, after several months, almost forgot it, I got another letter from HR, saying unfortunately they had hired another one. How Ridiculous!!! I went over the reviews from employers, feeling so lucky didn't step into this horrible company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very slow. Took over a month to have 1 phone behavioral interview and 1 coding challenge.

The consistent bad reviews seem to hold up. During my phone interview, the Engineering Manager stated that the company was on its 3rd CEO in 2 years, and that he himself had been working there for only two months. I mentioned to industry buds that I was interviewing with Makerbot, and they explicitly told me not to take the job if offered because of the turnover and the bad work environment (towards women). I continued on with the application process because I enjoy 3d printing and the unique challenges I would face as an engineer there.

My phone interview was okay. The interviewer asked me a lot of questions but seemed to never be listening to my answers because he kept asking the same questions over and over, I had to keep repeating myself and my experience, almost as if he didn't believe me.

He reluctantly said that we were going to schedule an onsite technical interview before we got off the phone. A few days later I received an email saying that they wanted to send me a coding challenge instead. It took them a week to send over the coding challenge.

I was rejected after completing the challenge. The feedback that I was able to get after asking was that my experience was great, but the team couldn't get the program to work when they tried running it and that it was 'a hardcode'. Everything worked fine in my environment, and I didn't change anything server-side besides implementing socket.io, so I'm entirely not sure why they couldn't get a simple app to run. I also don't know what the 'hardcoded' comment refers to, as I didn't hardcode any data or results, it all came from the server and was dynamically rendered on the front end.

I am disappointed to be writing this review. Despite their past challenges and reviews as a company, I was really interested in the engineering problems they faced. I hope this helps others who are in the process of interviewing with Makerbot.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have experience with legacy code?   Answer Question
    • Q: Write a React app to show the current status of the printer to the user, with buttons that can implement certain actions.   Answer Question