MapR Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

MapR Technologies

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at MapR Technologies

Interview

1 phone and 5 onsite; This will reveal my identity but I am only quoting facts. You have to fit flight fares within their budget- take red-eye or schedule after 2-3 months or however long it takes. Some people are smart and some are not so much. One such average guy asked Q about google protocol buffers (which I was not aware of then) as if its rocket science. Its just a common sense standardization but he felt superior to know that and massaged his ego. Lost my respect. Not much pre IPO equity advantage.

Interview Questions
  • tree algorithms; google protocol bufs
    2 Answers

MapR Technologies

Application

I interviewed at MapR Technologies

Interview

Phone interviewed with a recruiter who didn’t even know what she was asking! She doesn’t have any background knowledge of my field and gave comments without trying to understand. I feel lack of respect and she is definitely unprofessional. Also, she didn’t introduce the company or the position and she even didn’t give me any chance to ask a question! Be prepared to talk to someone is careless and avoid it if you can!

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (Hyderābād) in Apr 2018

Interview

1) Coding round in HackerEarth. It contains 3 questions and 2 hours time. 2) Phone interview. Checks for your overall understanding on computer networks, operating systems and programming abilities. 3) 2 face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions
  • Interview1: Q1. Print power set of a set Q2. Given a text, replace certain characters with other other characters Example: text="restaurant", replace 'a' with 'c' and 'r' with 'd'. Answer: "destcudcnt"
  • Interview2: Two design questions on distributed systems concept Q3: A large file(size in GB) contains numbers, increment each number and save it to disk. Design of the approach keeping distributed systems in mind. Q4: Sort a very large doubly linked list in distributed systems
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

The interview process was very professional and fast moving. Meetings were scheduled immediately and the MapR team was always in contact and collaborated well throughout the process. They were also readily available and happy to talk through questions about MapR's culture, benefits and any other items that were of interest to me.

Interview Questions
  • Past sales performance was important as well as talking through your sales process.

MapR Technologies

Application

I interviewed at MapR Technologies

Interview

Interview with HR, Interview with Hiring Manager, a call back from HR letting me know they will be scheduling next steps soon. 2 weeks later, no word. Very unprofessional. They are certainly an older company in terms of work force. They don't seem to have the will power to compete against Cloudera or Hortonworks as they claim they are "the only converged platform". Overall, they are trying to IPO and or be bought out - not trying to grow a business, trying to sell the underlying tech.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA) in May 2017

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me. The phone screening went well. I had an onsite interview the following week. They asked me to come back for another onsite. This is the first time I met with the recruiter. I felt like I was being interrogated in a police station. It was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the product development release process
  • Describe Agile vs. Waterfall
  • What tools have you used for bug tracking, program management

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (San Jose, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

Phone screen by hiring manager. Followed by HR phone interview within a couple days. Then onsite interview within a few days. Clear communication from all company personnel on next steps and what to expect next - I appreciated this the most.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly situational interview for process and program management situations and skills review. Some technical questions about experience in Sys-admin in Linux platforms - intention behind these questions was to ensure comfort and basic tech skills needed for knowledge articles curation / validation. Interesting situations were around "Best practices in how to populate the KB with value added articles", "How to keep the KB fresh", and how to get over the what's in it for me questions that Support engineers are often posed with. Also, how KB process integrates with Communities.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MapR Technologies (Dallas, TX) in Mar 2017

Interview

Straightforward - start with recruiter, then meet with manager of inside sales, then the VP of inside sales, then a role-play discovery call with both the manager of sales and vp of sales

Interview Questions
  • What is your prospecting methodology?

MapR Technologies

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MapR Technologies

Interview

Hackerrank exercise and onsite interview with 4 people. Only one whiteboard question. The interviewer asked question with 25 minutes left and the question was not well formed. Seemed like the requirements kept changing as you asked more questions. I only had time to tell the approach. Apart from this interviewer, everyone else were very good.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MapR Technologies

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MapR Technologies in Oct 2016

Interview

I had applied through campus career fair, I got a preliminary test and after clearing that, I was invited for a phone interview which went well but sadly got a reject

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews