Maricopa County (Arizona) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maricopa County (Arizona) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Appraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona).

Interview

First was a panel interview with division supervisors and HR, second was with division manager and HR. I was asked basic questions out of a binder and they wrote notes on my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your education/experience ties into this position?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with background check. Applied through Maricopa County website for job within my career field and was called in for an interview by a panel of professionals who worked in different criminal divisions for Maricopa County.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona).

Interview

1 in person interview with a panel of engineers and other professional staff before decision on position was made. A decision was made approximately 1 week after the interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• Interview starts with standard behavioral questions before leading into technical questions. Technical questions were relatively simple such as what does a first derivative of 0 mean.   Answer Question

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

fill out the application and be provided with the next orientation date. Go to orientation in a group setting. The coordinator three packets of papers at us and stayed on her phone till everyone was done.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation because you must be escorted onto the grounds.   1 Answer

Management and Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online Nov. 2016 and received a call from HR within two days of the job closing. The interview process went fast after that. I had my first interview then two days later I had my second interview. Three days after that they were calling my references and made an offer. I interviewed via teleconference software as I was an out of state candidate. Both interviews were panel interviews. The interviewers were really nice. I look forward to working with OMB.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Judicial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test and then an initial interview with court staff. There was also a drug test, background check and a personality test. This process took about 2-3 weeks to complete. This was a very please overall experience.

Prevention Specialist- School Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June, got a random email 2 months later asking if I was still interested in interviewing along with an apology for the delay as there were some "organizational changes happening". The interview was a panel with the program supervisor and other prevention specialist. There was the supervisor who had been there for a while as well as another specialist who had been there a few years, otherwise, the other two panel interviewers had only been there a week so two. Not exactly the most qualified to be interviewing people. I was given a sheet of paper with interview questions as I sat down (would have been nice to have had them prior to the interview). The interviewers were all very pleasant and I felt like it went well and was conversational. I was then told it would be 2-3 weeks until I heard back. After almost 4 weeks of not hearing anything I emailed the program manager and asked about the status of the position and if they had made a selection. Never heard a word back and my application still says that I've been "added to the referral list". I felt it was extremely unprofessional to not even respond.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for the interview opportunity, maybe 2 weeks later, I do not remember now. There were two interviewers and they took turns asking questions. They did pay attention if you are bilingual. The atmosphere was semi-formal and they made notes during the interview process when you answered something that important to them. They asked about computer skills during the interview, but I didn't remember the exact question. They would let you know the result either way in 1-2 weeks, but they didn't tell me which office location they were hiring.

Communicable Disease Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a 4 panel interview with 2 Supervisors, and Manager of the department and a CDI employee. It was a series of questions, concerning the job description and what it entails. The requirements of a CDI and also the knowledge basis of STD'S and working in a clinical environment on a daily basis. What experience do I bring to this position and how long have I been dedicated to the field of work of HIV/AIDS and STD concentration. The overall experience of this interview was terrific and I was able to use my interviewing skills to answer the required questions and feel confident that I aced the interview.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview whereby department managers go around the table asking you questions. Very little interaction with the other participants. Typically they ask a question, you provide your answer, next question.

In my experience, it was a very serious interview and management didn't smile, it felt somewhat robotic.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do with negative people? How would you handle an employee who consistently states negative comments about his/her salary. Asked general knowledge questions about HR policies, FMLA, ADA, Title 7.   1 Answer