MarketShare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MarketShare

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from Neustar parent company a 2-3 days later who explained what the company does and what's the expected pay for the position (really low, way below industry average).

Still took a chance and interviewed because the hiring manager was very nice and kind. We had a great chat and he sent me a link for a online coding challenge.

Finished the challenge and had another technical interview with an engineer.

The engineer was very impatient from the beginning and had a temper for what he considers "slow" coding. Not helpful whatsoever and the sentence that came out of him most was "make it work." And when the code did work he actually sounded surprised and repeated to himself, "Oh! It works."

Overall a very horrible interviewing experience. Absolutely unprofessional and very rude to the interviewee. The quality of a company really reflects on the quality of its engineers and I feel like I already have a great sense of what this company is like.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

HR reached out to me about a month after I applied. Here's my schedule -

HR Screen: More of a pitch about MarketShare than me selling myself.

2nd Phone screen: Immediately scheduled for a call with someone who does the job. This was a chance for me to sell how excited I was about MarketShare and why I would be valuable to the company.

On-site Interviews: They scheduled me to come in that same week to interview with 5 people. Each person was in the strategy group and each progressive interviewee was a higher title. Everyone from Managers all the way through SVPs. Interviews were very different with each person but everyone seemed enthusiastic about MarketShares value proposition.

The feel of MarketShare is very start-up-y. I guess casual Friday had something to do with it but people were in jeans and an untucked dress-shirt. I also saw people rocking out at a ping-pong table on the other side of the office.

Interview Questions

• If you were to think about building a marketing model for a product of your choosing, what categories and specific things would you build into it? This was a great question and we spent some time drawing it out and discussing how to categorize each item I brought up.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had an offer from another company which I communicated and the recruiter worked hard to match it and then beat it. I accepted the first formal offer I received. Great experience.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people in the strategy function. First phone screen was very straightforward, which was followed up by a 4-person. Having a background in the industry helped a lot, and from that I could tell they were interested in me. However, it was a mad scramble for them to find people to interview me and I got an overwhelming sense of them not having the time of day.

Interview Questions

• What consumer trends and technologies are changing the advertising landscape and what would the barriers be in measuring these effects?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarketShare.

Interview

I got a request for a phone interview a few days after i applied. In that interview, i was asked basic questions pertaining to my interest and fit with the firm.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketShare in October 2015.

Interview

In a nutshell, I applied online and received an email request to interview 2 business days later. The interview was fairly simple except the fact that you could tell that she was reading off of a checklist (she asked me to tell her about myself then randomly asked me a behavioral question). The recruiter assured me that I would hear back in few business days, which is standard for smaller companies. The recruiter, unfortunately, went AWOL. Yes, you read it correctly. After reading the horrible reviews, I realized that she was actually doing me a favor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Standard behavioral questions. Are you experienced in MMM, dynamic pricing etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MarketShare (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview and a day of in person interview. They didn't pay for my travel expense... I think the interviewers were very nice to me and they were trying to make me feel comfortable. I liked the experience. They announced the decision the day after.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst team work experience and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketShare in June 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks for 2 rounds of interviews!
    Was contacted for 2 telephonic interviews. Both the interviewers were Strategy Managers and I thought the interviews went well. The interviewers were quite friendly and seemed to be interested in what I was saying. More of a conversation about what projects I had worked on and stuff. They take really long to even schedule interviews and the HR took a week to reply to every email.

Interview Questions

• General questions on previous experience, projects, etc .   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MarketShare (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager sent me an email and asked to come in for an interview. 3 people interviewed me it took about 30 minutes. Their office was nice, but after coming home and reading the reviews on Glassdoor I was happy I didn't do so well.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Telephone Interviews, One face to face with about 6 different people. A straightforward and quick process. Took 2 weeks in total. It was one of the better interview processes compared to others O have done

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by phone for short high level discussion with recruiter. I was asked to complete an Excel test and had a phone based technical exam. I was asked to the office for a face to face interview. I met with 4 people and most asked very detailed syntax programming questions that could be quickly answered by a google search.

Interview Questions

• Asked many detailed programming syntax questions which could be easily googled or tested if in a real world work situation.   Answer Question