MarketShare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MarketShare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.9

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied as a university graduate through my school's placement office. The company required some written essay questions on why you want to work there and some background information about yourself. There was no length requirement or limit. The company never bothered to respond or follow up on the application for anything.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from Neustar parent company a 2-3 days later who explained what the company does and what's the expected pay for the position (really low, way below industry average).

Still took a chance and interviewed because the hiring manager was very nice and kind. We had a great chat and he sent me a link for a online coding challenge.

Finished the challenge and had another technical interview with an engineer.

The engineer was very impatient from the beginning and had a temper for what he considers "slow" coding. Not helpful whatsoever and the sentence that came out of him most was "make it work." And when the code did work he actually sounded surprised and repeated to himself, "Oh! It works."

Overall a very horrible interviewing experience. Absolutely unprofessional and very rude to the interviewee. The quality of a company really reflects on the quality of its engineers and I feel like I already have a great sense of what this company is like.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarketShare (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone interview and passed it. The employer was really nice and it was a great experience. There was one hard question I was not sure. He gave hits and let me to adjust my answer. Great person.

Interview Questions

• Common questions about Stats, he asked my opinion how to analyse a set of data.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarketShare.

Interview

I got a request for a phone interview a few days after i applied. In that interview, i was asked basic questions pertaining to my interest and fit with the firm.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Telephone Interviews, One face to face with about 6 different people. A straightforward and quick process. Took 2 weeks in total. It was one of the better interview processes compared to others O have done

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly intense but thorough with two phone screens and and an in person interviews with six people. There was a mix of technical and leadership related questions.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketShare in October 2015.

Interview

In a nutshell, I applied online and received an email request to interview 2 business days later. The interview was fairly simple except the fact that you could tell that she was reading off of a checklist (she asked me to tell her about myself then randomly asked me a behavioral question). The recruiter assured me that I would hear back in few business days, which is standard for smaller companies. The recruiter, unfortunately, went AWOL. Yes, you read it correctly. After reading the horrible reviews, I realized that she was actually doing me a favor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Standard behavioral questions. Are you experienced in MMM, dynamic pricing etc?   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MarketShare (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was expecting this to be the first of a series of interviews, but the Office Manger met with me, walked out of the room as the Art Director came in. We chatted a bit, then the OM and Senior Account Executive came in and they looked over my book. 45 minutes and it was over. Didn't land it but it was one of the quickest interview experiences I've had in months.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketShare (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, had a 30-40 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Was invited for onsite interview. Met 5 people (all technical product managers). Most of them were fine except third person who kept checking his phone during the interview. There were no questions from first 3 people (they were junior product managers and went over my resume and asked about background). The 4th person was hiring manager with whom I had talked over the phone. he asked the same questions again. He was also rambling a bit and was asking generic interview questions as he could think of them. At one point he said that generally I ask case/scenario based questions but I will not do that today. The final person was team director who went over resume for 15 mins and asked salary requirements.

I felt the whole process was waste of time since they did not ask any proper interview questions. I felt I was overqualified for the position and more qualified than at least 4 of the 5 people who interviewed me.They very well might have passed me on the salary but they should have cleared that before telephone round.
    As a side note, their technical product manager role is more like customer support to help clients user software and less geared towards technical product management.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketShare in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a person, who has a Computer Science background. Although the position that I applied for was a Data Scientist position, the questions were quite unrelated. It was all about coding questions and then asking me about big O, improving the code etc. So, after this experience and my research about the team, I came to conclusion that they have no idea what a Data Scientist does, they just want to hire some new people with the sexy Data Scientist title to do the same old job. My message to them is, if you want to hire a coder, please post a Software Developer job requisition and don't spend people's time.