Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.1

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars (Columbia, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview. STAR format. Very nice people! Two behavioral interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. Extremely quick process, can't ask for anything better. Received a phone call about an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why MARS? Tell me about yourself? Talk about a situation in which you dealt with ambiguous people?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

My phone interview went great with my recruiter and I was excited to come in to meet the HR team. I went in person for 2 interview rounds. My in-person interview was not what I expected it to be. In the first round of interviews I was interviewed by 2 HR team members. Throughout the first round, one of the interviewers kept looking out the window while I was providing answers to their questions. The other interviewer noticed her colleague’s behavior as well. In my opinion, I thought that was extremely rude and definitely made me question if I wanted to be part of the team. Not only that, but it was discouraging to move forward into the second round because I had no idea if I was going to receive the same treatment as well. Although that was only one negative experience with one of the Mars’ team members, interviewers need to be well aware that they’re representing their company and it is extremely important to make sure you represent your brand in a positive and respectful manner.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and got a call that night asking to interview. I had 2, 30 min interviews on campus. The employees were extremely friendly and they were the easiest company to talk to at the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a decision with little to no information.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars (Rochester, NY).

Interview

When I was interviewed there were about 3 people that were interviewing me. There were no technical questions but rather questions on how you organize your time. So be prepared on questions on your work ethic and what you can do to be better.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your time wisely?   Answer Question
    • If you have many tasks at hand how do you determine which task needs the most attention?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They expected me to schedule a couple hour interview with only two days notice. I was traveling for work and unable to change my schedule. But I wanted to accommodate any option the following week. They decided to not move forward after that.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

interviewed with a few people - everyone was very nice, didn't ask weird questions, genuinely wanted to get to know me, wanted to get to know what I wanted to accomplish in the role, what I wanted to do with my career

Interview Questions

• What are you proud of? What did you want to accomplish?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Multiple rescheduling for the phone screen, which was very annoying. No one contacted me after the phone screen and I found out from a friend who works there that the position was filled. Geez, you think you could have sent an email at least? Very poor candidate experience. I think the TA Team needs to get off their high horse - there are quite a few companies based in Chicago and you're not the same company you use to be. I was excited about the opportunity to work at Mars and am high disappointed in the TA team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a Project in Talent Acquistion and faced adversity. (not the exact question but behavioral based)   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone screen by a recruiter to review position and qualifications followed by an in person interview. The process was very professional and well organized and the energy between interview panel was energizing. From the first phone screen to the job offer was about 2 weeks. The background check is pretty advanced, and was somewhat cumbersome as the 3rd party company relies on the candidate to provide information if they cannot document such (I needed to provide W-2's or proof of employment that was more than 10 years old).

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manteno, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mars (Manteno, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was real fast, I applied online and called one of the reps and they said come in for orientation anytime between Monday-Friday just be there by 10am. They also said an drug test was imminent.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR. Then was forwarded to a panel interview a week later. They were very professional and used a STAR format in the interview.