Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I applied online and took a few backs to hear back from them. The first step was an initial phone screening to go over your background and learn more about the opportunity. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager for the area. Interviewed with 2 Regional Managers for the area and felt it went well. The interview lasted about an hour. It was pretty much all situational based questions. The entire process was pretty seamless. I felt I was a good fit because I have experience in CPG but was not selected to move forward. With that said, the company and entire interview process was very professional. They kept me informed the entire time, met their deadlines, and did not give me the run around. I was disappointed not to move forward but wish Mars and their people continued success.

Interview Questions

• All situational. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline. Tell me about how you handled an upset customer. They have a very specific way they want you to answer and took detailed notes on every question.   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Waco, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First u show up at the company than the lady comes out of the back area and tells u about what they expect from you then they give u a mini test than she takes u to a conference room and interviews you

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Huntsville, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for the process. Very common interview questions. Unfortunately I did not get hired but the people were very professional. I started with a phone interview which then led to a 2nd interview in person with a group of 3.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they put you in the position of trying to sell there product to them.   Answer Question

Mars Chocolate Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was one interview on campus, which was pretty laid back overall. Not any technical questions or anything too difficult really. Mostly behavioral, didn't even ask any specific questions on Mars.

Interview Questions

• First they asked me to walk through my resume. Then there were 3 behavioral questions:
      1. a time working with customers
      2. an experience with a difficult customer
      3. don't remember
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars in February 2017.

Interview

Standard STAR format questions were used during the interview. The atmosphere was very laid back and personal. I enjoyed getting to know the hiring manager and fellow DM helping in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Contacted over email for a casual conversation about skills, background and cultural fit to determine whether they fall in line with company needs and values. Interviewer asked questions regarding previous experience and points on resume.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter to set time & date.

Interviewed by two of the local managers. Interview is totally behavior based, open ended questions. As a past sales manager I am not a fan of basing a candidates credentials for the position solely on pointed questions. All it proves is the candidate has the ability to recall situations under pressure. You are missing out on quality talent.

I have 30 plus years of sales & sales management experience in the consumer goods industry. I was informed that they were passing on me. Months later, I sent in my resume again for the same position in another region, I was informed that my experience didn't match the requirements of the position. Totally porpostrus. Hopefully it is not an age based decision, which companies know how to get around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to go around the rules to secure a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Tupelo, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

1/20/17 Phone Interview with recruiter
    2/2/2017 Face to Face with 3 people that came to my hometown.
    3/7/2017 Voicemail they chose another candidate
    Disappointed because I was hoping to change careers and that would have been a great opportunity.

Social Media Content Creator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter initially after submitting job application online a week prior. A couple of days later, the hiring manager reached out to schedule a phone interview. Was given an assignment to submit afterwards including creating a how to cooking mini video and 5 photos for Instagram. I was asked to submit as soon as possible for review and turned it in a week later. Haven't heard back... 3 weeks now.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

There are people from different departments in the interview that also have input with your hiring manager. Very laid back and the questions are pretty common for the most part.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer