Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2018

3.1

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a headhunter for a position with Mars Petcare. I had initial discussions with the headhunter and provided detailed information about my background and experiences. He submitted me to the HR person. I then had a phone interview with the HR person. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, they flew me out to TN for an in-person panel interview. It was one of the most grueling interviews I've had ever. Three different people each hour for three hours, lunch by myself, on-site, then I had to review a case study, produce a Powerpoint response to the case study in 1/2 hour, then present to everyone I met with earlier in the day. The presentation was complete, there were a few questions and that was it. I found out the next morning that they would not be pursuing me any further.

Interview Questions

• What criteria would you use to evaluate two vendors to determine which one to keep?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Multiple rescheduling for the phone screen, which was very annoying. No one contacted me after the phone screen and I found out from a friend who works there that the position was filled. Geez, you think you could have sent an email at least? Very poor candidate experience. I think the TA Team needs to get off their high horse - there are quite a few companies based in Chicago and you're not the same company you use to be. I was excited about the opportunity to work at Mars and am high disappointed in the TA team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a Project in Talent Acquistion and faced adversity. (not the exact question but behavioral based)   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took place 3 to 4 weeks. Went from the top 10 to top 5 and on and on til it was top 2. Interview with a panel and then some one on one interviews. Some of the interview was phone, skype, or face to face.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you feel you will be a good fit for the company?
      What previous experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with two panels. Two associates on each. One more technical in nature, and another more team fit related. The first panel consisted of a senior brand manager and a brand director. The second panel had an human resources associate and an activity manager who would be another primary key stakeholder to this position.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that most resonates with you from your childhood and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (West Chester, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen, then a phone interview, followed by two, one-hour, in person interviews. Introductions were given, followed by behavioral and situational questions were asked.

L&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Moved quickly and interviewers left a very good impression on me. Questions were geared a lot towards finding out if I was a good fit for the organization. An offer came within the same week.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with hr rep. I thought this went horribly -- the position I interviewed for was social media manager and the hr rep was obviously not familiar with the space. I would bring up pretty simple terms that were in fact written in the job description (like "fan base" and "commenting"), and the interviewer just had no clue. I think this interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, but it ended up taking triple that time. Somehow, I moved on to the next level and had a phone interview with the US digital manager and an in-person with the Global digital marketing manager. The US manager phone interview went fine, basic behavioral stuff. The Global manager asked my more industry questions: what sources do I go to to stay on top of the latest social trends; who do I think is doing social the best. My interviewer seemed like he was in a rush, wanted to know a lot about me, but didn't leave a lot of time for questions.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

interviewed with a few people - everyone was very nice, didn't ask weird questions, genuinely wanted to get to know me, wanted to get to know what I wanted to accomplish in the role, what I wanted to do with my career

Interview Questions

• What are you proud of? What did you want to accomplish?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY).

Interview

There are people from different departments in the interview that also have input with your hiring manager. Very laid back and the questions are pretty common for the most part.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer