Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

fast and easy. it was a group interview. people who stood out the most were hired. they asked really easy questions. it was 2 interviews followed by a background check. i was able to get the job through an employee referral

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

The process was relatively standard - HR phone screen, call with the hiring manager, in person interviews with team members, hiring manager, and VP. Then I was asked last minute to do another phone interview with a peer level employee. After two weeks of radio silence, that I reached out multiple times to HR for an update only to get radio silence. They finally gave me an answer a month after the last interview. Seems to be the new norm that recruiters don't bother to keep applicants updated after the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to try and motivate people to make a decision.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Henderson, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Asked to go over resume. Panel interview with shift supervisor and two other people from quality. behavioral based interview questions to see if you are good fit for the job

Labor Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Waco, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Process was relaxed but focused. Asked difficult questions but were nice people. Said they would be in touch with me but I never heard back from them one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars (Columbia, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview. STAR format. Very nice people! Two behavioral interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. Extremely quick process, can't ask for anything better. Received a phone call about an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why MARS? Tell me about yourself? Talk about a situation in which you dealt with ambiguous people?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. I felt as if they were looking for a male for this position. They told me multiple times that this was a big job and I would be working very hard, get dirty, and sweaty. I felt as if they were disinterested from the beginning due to my female professional appearance. When sharing some of my experience, the main interviewer seemed to shrug off my work experience.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

My phone interview went great with my recruiter and I was excited to come in to meet the HR team. I went in person for 2 interview rounds. My in-person interview was not what I expected it to be. In the first round of interviews I was interviewed by 2 HR team members. Throughout the first round, one of the interviewers kept looking out the window while I was providing answers to their questions. The other interviewer noticed her colleague’s behavior as well. In my opinion, I thought that was extremely rude and definitely made me question if I wanted to be part of the team. Not only that, but it was discouraging to move forward into the second round because I had no idea if I was going to receive the same treatment as well. Although that was only one negative experience with one of the Mars’ team members, interviewers need to be well aware that they’re representing their company and it is extremely important to make sure you represent your brand in a positive and respectful manner.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and got a call that night asking to interview. I had 2, 30 min interviews on campus. The employees were extremely friendly and they were the easiest company to talk to at the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a decision with little to no information.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars (Rochester, NY).

Interview

When I was interviewed there were about 3 people that were interviewing me. There were no technical questions but rather questions on how you organize your time. So be prepared on questions on your work ethic and what you can do to be better.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your time wisely?   Answer Question
    • If you have many tasks at hand how do you determine which task needs the most attention?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They expected me to schedule a couple hour interview with only two days notice. I was traveling for work and unable to change my schedule. But I wanted to accommodate any option the following week. They decided to not move forward after that.