KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,289 of over 3,259 reviews

4.2
Mars Office of the President Grant F. Reid
Grant F. Reid
Pros
  • "there are great benefits at this company(in 128 reviews)

• "A supportive culture with great people across the company(in 100 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance not easy to manage(in 89 reviews)

• "Decision making is painfully slow(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mars and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company but hard work!

Jul 23, 2021 - Regional Human Resources Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, family-feel, open office environment (could also be a con depending on your role), the Five Principles, volunteer opportunities, pride in the products we make.

Cons

Decision making is very slow. The segments are siloed. Promotions within HR are difficult; you must follow the pre-determined time frame in which you stay in your role before moving on. It does seem that some managers get away with breaking the rules based on who they know.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent, wonderful work culture

Jun 26, 2021 - Maintenance & Reliability Analyst in Hackettstown, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

All I can say is that after coming from a company that was very scattered and had behavioral issues, working with Mars at the Hackettstown site was a breath of fresh air. The company and team are absolutely the best at what they do. The entire team works seamlessly with little to no friction. Everyone views each other as part of the team, and I believe this is due to the wonderful work of plant management.

Cons

Really only the location. Hackettstown is not the most lively area and can be a pain to commute to. However, this is really more of a critique of the surrounding area then the company.

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you had a positive experience working with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company at its core

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mars provides good benefits with a 6% 401k match and good investment options. Many jobs are available and most management is supportive of furthering your career experience if you are willing to put in the effort to learn. Overall great place to work and has a unique culture.

Cons

Reorganization’s over the past 10 years have significantly sized down certain departments asking associates to do more with less support. Since it is such a big organization change is difficult to implement due to the slow speed the general organization moves at.

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 5, 2020 - Analyst in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

freedom, mutuality and job security. The culture is wonderful and the people are genuine and nice. Everyone wants you to succceed

Cons

Processes aren't always clear and sometimes things move very slowly

87 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Grow your career here

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will support you throughout your career

Cons

A lot of sugar :)

6. 4.0

Great People but Limited Internal Growth for Low-Levels

Jun 24, 2021 - University Relations Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mars has a great work/life balance (at least within my team) that is unmatched. I feel like I can take a walk or run to the store during the day and not miss a beat with work! There are some great line managers who truly care about you, and there is an annual survey that is taken to rate employee morale and trust. Each manager reviews the annonymus scores and makes a plan to improve issues.

Cons

For lower-leveled employees, there isn't a clear path for growth within P&O (human resources) and it's very disengaging to have to where to go after your first role. Upper-level management bounces around to new roles but moving up from a T1/T2 role is so difficul.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

great management!!

Jul 13, 2021 - Guest Experience Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

great experience long breaks loving employees

Cons

haven't really experienced any, i would just say they are busy a lot

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mars is a decent comapny to work for, depsit an okayish work schedule

Jul 19, 2021 - Production Manager in Flowery Branch, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company focuses on the opinion and needs of their workforce, benefits and pay is nice. Management is friendly and inviting.

Cons

Manufacturing where you work a rotating shift - 12 hour shifts, 3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off. Basically every other weekend off.

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with us. If you would like to share any additional feedback or recommendations, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. Thank you!

9. 3.0