Marshall and Stevens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshall and Stevens Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marshall and Stevens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process at Marshall and Stevens was fairly standard. They don't have anyone screen resumes or cover letters (Los Angeles is where HR is based but they really just forward emails on which is incredibly inefficient).

Once I got the call, came in, spoke with the members of the team through a series of 1 on 1 interviews. Fairly standard questions. Nothing really out of left field.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with EM in the NYC office. The position was for a administrative assistant/office manager position. The required experience in all areas of office operations, exceptional planning and organizational skills, strong problem-solving, and decision-making skills, outstanding communication skills and a passion for excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to further explain my CRM and office skills.   1 Answer

Valuation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens.

Interview

I had a pretty positive interview experience for the New York Office. (The company is head quartered in LA but has branches in Chicago, NY, and Tampa). I interviewed with two directors and it was mainly about my background and personality type questions. A week after this interview I came back and met the head of the NY office and 1 more director.

Interview Questions

• "I want you to WOW me"   1 Answer
    • What have you done with finance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume. I later learned, they have an HR Manager in Los Angeles, who merely just passes along resumes but never screens any of them. So this terribly inefficient system means Directors, Managers and Managing Directors are left to review many awful resumes when they could be doing more important things.

I got an email being asked to come and speak with members of the team, some in person, one over the phone. Fairly straightforward process. All of my sessions were 30-45 mins in length. Got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you comfortable working incredibly long hours and also on the weekend?

Q: Can you walk me through a discounted cash flow analysis?

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke to 4 directors and the managing director. There were literally no technical questions. The interview was very casual interview. I just was ushered from office to office until I had met the whole 10 person staff. Then I went back to the original office, chatted a bit, then left.

Interview Questions

• Questions were much more geared toward personal areas, rather than professional. I was told by the MD that he was more interested in a person's personality than anything else.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was completely non-negotiable. I was completely stonewalled.

Valuation Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Referred by my professor, had 5 interviews - basically one on one with the entire valuation team. People are extremely nice so it wasn't stressful like superday of banks. Very basic questions, but very technical since they were looking for people who can do the job. One of the employees also asked me to recommend a stock, and trading methods.

Interview Questions

• What are the three valuation methods.   1 Answer
    • What is enterprise value, how is it different from equity value and total invested capital.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was easy and fun and not at all difficult and the people were great and supportive and understanding and not at all hard on me with the questions they asked. They basically wanted to make sure I new what I was ding and that I would represent the company properly

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted by senior executive to discuss resume. Discussed background and career progression.
    During in office interview met with director and senior manager. Personality interview portion as well as skills test. Examples included how many ways to determine capitalization rates etc.

Interview Questions

• How many ways can you determine cap rates?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshall and Stevens in August 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with the company in a group setting. Was very informal and a friendly discussion regarding my the position.