Masonite International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Senior .NET Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview with Masonite recruiter which included some c# Programming 101 questions. Followed by Phone interview with Lead Software Engineer who provided some info about the job and my general background. Next onsite interview with Lead Software Engineer and two more engineers followed by interview with the director.
    The company is spitting off a new group of software developers from the rest of the IT department and getting a little experimental with their software development practices with help from a software consultancy called Pivotal Labs. They are going Agile with pair programming, business stakeholder representative on each development team, open collaboration spaces instead of cubicles. When I hear this I usually think it is upper management pushing a new fad on the workers. This is coming from upper management but the director seemed to be in tune with the ground forces. At least in the case of pair programming, which I asked about, he said they were going to try it and see if it worked out and would drop it if it didn't

Interview Questions

• This was the best assessment of programming ability in an interview that I have encountered so far (and I have been in a lot of interviews). They took examples of bad code that they had found (and fixed) in their own code base. They asked me to spot the problem and propose a fix. There were a few standard C#/MVC/SQL questions but not many. Also an exercise in recoding some LINQ code to not use LINQ (once again a specific situation that they had actually encountered).   1 Answer
    • The director asked general personality questions "What is your best accomplishment?" "How would be describe you?" It felt like a real discussion, though; not just answers to canned questions.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Masonite International (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Group interview, went in one by one. Asked about past experience and forklift experience. Was kind of odd because none knew who they were supposed to talk to or why they were the in the first place.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in warehousing   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Thorough, Logical, Conversational. Still in interview process, but initial phone screen and subsequent follow ups have been amazing. Masonite lives their values through their interview process. I was very encouraged by the initial interview

Interview Questions

• Focused on People Development, Lean Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Masonite Core Values, Experience Related to Job Description. Initial Phone Screen was approximately 1 hour   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Great interview. I met with the hiring manager, the Director of Talent acquisition and several recruiters.
    It was a great schedule, as I was able to hear about position expectations ask questions to all levels of the team.

Cell Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Masonite International (Yulee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They had a job fair and I had to fill out an application there. They called me back and I had two separate interviews in a matter of 30 minutes. All of it was pretty standard questioning and laid back.

Value Stream Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Masonite International (Stockton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR headquarters in Florida via LinkedIn, which led to a phone interview with a panel 1 week later. Interview was fairly easy, asking about all of my experience on my resume, a few technical questions on manufacturing process control, and why I was looking for other positions.

2 weeks later I had an in person interview with two value stream leaders and a value stream manager which, again, went very smooth and even more stress free than the phone panel interview. We mainly talked about my experience, portfolio, and how I could benefit the company. We ended the day with a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How did you utilize statistical process control in your last job and how would you apply those methods at Masonite?   Answer Question

Applications Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masonite International.

Interview

Interview performed by your future manager. Manager sounded a little bit arrogant. He said that the company uses a full-time paired programming approach, which is pretty bad. Programmers need some freedom to work alone, which increases productivity. Doing pair programming all time is a nightmare, and reflects the manager's lack of knowledge of the development process.

Interview Questions

• If I would be able to bear a full-time paired programming approach.   1 Answer

Masonite International Response

Jun 10, 2016 – Recruiting/Project Coordinator

Thank you for considering Masonite as your next employer! We do value your feedback and want to clarify our position. While it is true, we have opted to pursue a full time paired programming, test ... More

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed three of the members of management. Was actually a great interview. They were all nice and friendly at the time. We joked around during the interview and they made themselves seem very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Was I use to physical labor   1 Answer

Enegy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in July 2015.

Interview

HR associate contacted me by email to arrange a phone screening. The phone screening was informal, it lasted about 20 minutes. They extended an interview with hiring manager but the daily commute would have been too far for me and I was not willing to relocate for the position. This the reason the phone screening is in place.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in June 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. I had two phone interviews and an in person interview. Throughout the process they kept in touch with me and stuck to their deadlines as to when I would hear back from them. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process and they gave me a very accurate description of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A