Mass Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview through an app that requires you to record yourself answering questions displayed on your iPhone. Very strange. If you pass that stage, HR will call you for an interview and ask you the exact same questions that you answered in your phone recording. Tip: write down all the questions from the app interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

First you get an email saying that you were selected and they give you a link to answer some questions. There are two exams, one is a personality test and the other is a skills/IQ test. The personality test you can take as much time as you want, but the other you have to answer as many questions as you can in ten minutes

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about your work ethic, past experiences and how you overcame previous obstacles   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

I just got the email this morning about the interview after few weeks of applying online. There are two parts hiring process. The first one is an online assessment including timed questions in ten minutes and untimed questions. I didn't finish the timed question..

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

The lady was very nice on the phone. explained the positions very well and gave me time to ask questions. If you interview in the morning and you impress her, she will remember you. Very positive things to say about the staff and the city. Great place to work for

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have used technical knowledge in order to solve a problem in your pass experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I intitially had a phone interview with Kiewit, which then lead to a Hirevue interview online where you answer pre recorded questions., then they flew me to Mass Electric in Dallas for final interview. Interview questions were kind of what i expected but i was very nervous. Very nice people to talk too. Awesome Experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern right now (open ended question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

You need to do your homework, but its for the best. They are very thorough in their process, but they force you to think through a long term commitment. It was made very clear, that this is a career and not simply a job. Recruiters were very frank in discussing the pros/con of working at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Mass. Electric and/or Kiewit? Based on what you know, why do you feel this is the right place for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through 2 phases of interviews, one with a panel of 3 interviewers who asked very standard questions; what makes you qualified, what unique things do you bring to the table, blah blah.

The second interview was in TX with an area manager. This interview was much more serious, he asked about me personally, answered questions about the company and the specific role they had in mind for me. They flew me down and back in the same day, which was surreal for a college student who had only flown a handfull of times up until that point.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the next guy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was young and stupid and didn't try to push because I wanted the job. I should have negotiated, regardless of how bad I thought I wanted it.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

About as complicated as with other local companies: talk about your experience, get lunch, go to one of the local projects. Should not be the end of the world for somebody who has been through at least couple oc the interviews

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Applied online, a week or two later I got an email showing interest and needing to take an online personality/IQ test. After this they needed a Hirevue interview which is like Skype but by yourself. If they liked this review the HR manager had a phone interview trying to find if the job is the right fit. The final step was a face to face panel interview by senior managers. Followed by lunch with lower level managers. FYI lunch is a secondary interview. Overall, a long process, lasting a little over a month, but it seems most companies are going this way anymore. Definitely a positive process. The face to face interview in Boston was not difficult, they're just trying to get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since, I was an experienced hire I countered the initial offer once. They met me in the middle. I don't believe entry level hires have the option. Overall, a fair negotiation.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric in September 2016.

Interview

There was an small online test, and there was also a short video interview in which they asked very standard questions. There was also a behavioral test which was somewhat lengthy, but just be yourself and use your best judgement. Then they fly you out for a final in person interview.

Accepted another offer.