Mass Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mass Electric Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Applied online, a week or two later I got an email showing interest and needing to take an online personality/IQ test. After this they needed a Hirevue interview which is like Skype but by yourself. If they liked this review the HR manager had a phone interview trying to find if the job is the right fit. The final step was a face to face panel interview by senior managers. Followed by lunch with lower level managers. FYI lunch is a secondary interview. Overall, a long process, lasting a little over a month, but it seems most companies are going this way anymore. Definitely a positive process. The face to face interview in Boston was not difficult, they're just trying to get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since, I was an experienced hire I countered the initial offer once. They met me in the middle. I don't believe entry level hires have the option. Overall, a fair negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was standard. Met the HR person, did a 1st interview, than flew out to the main office for the 2nd interview. The HR person was quite nice and took care of the expenses for the trip. I only flew out for a day though which was unpleasant, but overall standard interview process. I got an offer from MEC but the initial offer was extremely low. After performing my due diligence it wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific event that had a lot of impact on your life.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric in September 2016.

Interview

There was an small online test, and there was also a short video interview in which they asked very standard questions. There was also a behavioral test which was somewhat lengthy, but just be yourself and use your best judgement. Then they fly you out for a final in person interview.

Accepted another offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric in December 2015.

Interview

It is somewhat of an involved, multi step process.
    After they review your resume you must complete a personality and cognitive survey. If you pass that section you move onto the online HireVue interview. HireVue is a program that generates interview questions and records your response. It's a little awkward to be honest, essentially you are given 30 or so seconds to read the question and about 2-3 minutes to respond. If you get pass the HireVue section, a person from HR will schedule a phone interview. Some of the questions are repeats from the online interview but mainly they just want you to get a feel of what they are looking for and see if you are still interested. I had a very positive experience and interaction with the HR generalist. No surprises.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

About as complicated as with other local companies: talk about your experience, get lunch, go to one of the local projects. Should not be the end of the world for somebody who has been through at least couple oc the interviews

Engineer/Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

There was a recorded webcam interview where you had to record yourself answering questions and the recording would get sent to the company where they would review the self-recorded interview answers to their questions. The second part was answering online questions. One part was timed and the other part was personality-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "why do you think you are the best fit for the job", and recording yourself giving an "elevator pitch" of what you should be hired.   Answer Question

Electrical Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was called within a few weeks and asked to come for an interview. I was given several dates to choose from and once i settled on what worked for me, I was emailed all of the travel accommodations and itinerary. The accommodation was very nice and everything was taken care of. The interview itself was professional and still personal.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel and possibly relocate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given an offer that seemed fair, but i countered and we ended up meeting in the middle. It wasn't EXACTLY what i was expecting but definitely competitive.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

I just got the email this morning about the interview after few weeks of applying online. There are two parts hiring process. The first one is an online assessment including timed questions in ten minutes and untimed questions. I didn't finish the timed question..

Entry Level Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then you have to do an online questionnaire regarding your personality. There was then a recorded webcam interview where you had to record yourself answering questions. Then a phone interview which was more like an interrogation if you ask me. Then if you pass the phone interview, they would invite you over to their Waltham office for an interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why Mass electric? Are you eligible to work in the US? How do you feel about relocation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was asked to fill out Peopleanswers survey and was given an opportunity to present myself through a digital interview. The questions were only of HR level and behavioral type. It was fairly easy and the interview did not take more than 15 minutes. Just make sure you know enough about the company and do show enthusiasm for the job opening during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple questions like "Why do you think you are a fit for the position?"   Answer Question