Massage Envy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massage Envy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2018

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Envy in September 2016.

Interview

It went well. Manager and staff were nice overall. Answered my questions. I had to give a hands on massage to manager and answer quite a few questions. It went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• How many massages can you do in a row?   3 Answers

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Louisville-Jefferson County, KY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a group interview a day later. I wasn't in town for that one so I had to go to the next one which was a week later. The general manager and the franchiser were both conducting the interview and were both very nice and welcoming, although the actual group interview took about 2.5 hours.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy (New York, NY).

Interview

Application was online. Received a call a couple days later. Interview the following day which included a practical facial. Went back for second interview. Background check.
    Then a couple weeks training and then put on the floor.

Interview Questions

• What days/ hours are you available?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Kaneohe, HI).

Interview

I wasnt contacted for 3 weeks after applying. I went in for an interview a couple days later after finally being contacted. I felt the interview went great and was told I would hear back on Friday (my interview was on a Wednesday). I never heard back when I was supposed to and had to contact the manager a couple days later to check in on the status of my application. She emailed back and told me that they had already offered the job to someone else with previous sales experience (I’ve had 2 years of retail) but she did not bother to let me know about this. Had I not emailed her, I probably wouldn’t have heard back. Not doing their part and not communicating when they said they would. It’s okay that I didn’t get the offer and I am okay with it (I have since received another job, with the process only taking 4 days total.) I am just unhappy with the way the manager handled things and didn’t follow through like she said she would. Very frustrating and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How did you react/respond when being told no.   1 Answer

Front Desk Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Hopkinton, NH) in January 2018.

Interview

Where do I even begin, the manager had me wait 30 minutes past my scheduled time, even though I arrived 10 minutes early to fill out paper work that I finished at 2:00 on the dot. After waiting that long, I had someone else take me to the office, where I witnessed the manager with my own two eyes be very disrespectful to the girls at the front desk. That was a red flag right there. When the manager did finally end up coming in after walking in and out of the interview multiple times, she was on her cellphone and made me feel as if I was wasting her time. She huffed and puffed and didn't even look me in the eye when she did talk. I was barely asked any questions, just was asked in a very rude manner 'so you've only worked at *my current job*?' & 'when did you receive your license?' I was made to feel like an idiot and was treated like I had no experience in sales, which is untrue since I've been doing sales for over a year and a half and would've loved to be trained on how to do it their way, which the manager referred to the training and work as 'grueling'
    I was told I would be getting a call on Friday 1/5, but after this disaster of an interview I think I'm gonna have to kindly pass.

Wellness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Monroe, LA).

Interview

called into office with manager who asked basic interview questions then gave me a product and had me sell it to her with only 30 seconds to look at the product

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell a product to the manager after looking at the product for 30 secs   1 Answer

Stretch Therapist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

Very confusing. Have to speak with many different people. They keep losing my hiring paperwork all the time and ask me to fill out again and again. It supposed to be only me but then they hired another persona for the same job and not even two month later they cut our pay rate and hours in half.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

Basic Interview processes with employment review, skills review, preferences, and giving the owner, and the manager a message. The problem I had was I needed a background check from my city (which they have nothing to do with) and from them (which seems crazy bc my license also requires one) and had to get a permit all this took forever and was unpaid time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Interview

Professional, took about 30 mins to complete. Want to get a sense of your sales experience, background, and personality. They will have you fill out background info after your interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Massage Envy
      Sell me a pen (they literally hand you a pen to sell)
      How would friends and family describe you
      What do co-workers do that irritate you, how do you handle this   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

The interview was around 30 minutes. I could tell the spa manager wanted to get a sense of who I was, my personality, and why I entered the field of massage. Aside from that just some general questions about where I see myself in the near future, favorite modalities/modalities I practice, desired schedule, how I feel after giving a few massages (to gauge how many clients I can have before needing a break, but that is always negotiable day-to-day).

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to enter into the massage industry and study massage therapy?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Harvey, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

Never made it to the interview process. Filled out the application online. 3 days later received a voicemail asking to set up an interview. I called back within 10 minutes and spoke to the same lady that called me... she said she didn’t know who I was, she doesn’t recall calling me and all the interview spots are filled up. She said “like, are you a customer or something”. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Are you a customer or something   1 Answer