Mathnasium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Lead Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Observation and practice tutoring- sit with the manager and watch him and other instructors; work with a group of 3 kids simultaneously doing various levels of math. Alternate between blocks of game time and worksheet time.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from watching other instructors
      What did you learn about the kids you worked with   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Greeted Kesha, the person that interviewed me over the phone. I sat with the accounting manager and then the CFO. Both interviews went smooth. Most were open-ended questions. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. I was not contacted back. I had to reach out to them, only to learn I was not chosen to proceed to the next interview. Great interview experience.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Spoke to the director of company owned centers and district managers. It was a very comfortable, easy going interview. We discussed the company and its missions. Why they do what they do and what goals they have moving forward. This position is definitely for someone that knows how to approach people. You need to have a can do attitude as it is a sales job. As a CD you need to sell as many memberships as possible, it is a very demanding and tough job with high turnover rates.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (McKinney, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well. I have to take a math test next week then I will interview with the owner. The company seems to do a really good job with the kids. They tutor kids after school that need help with their math concepts. They help with homework as well as helping the child get a better understanding of numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Take an entrance exam, algebra and higher math (they give exams based on your math experience). Algebra exam covers Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. No calculator allowed for the Algebra portion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mathnasium instead of Kumon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Broomfield, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

This interview included a one-on-one basic interview with the manager and a basic math test to ensure knowledge of all subjects being taught to the kids (plus a few higher level questions).

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was given a diagnostic test and then sat down with the manager and was asked a few questions. The diagnostic test was for math up to precalculus. It took about an hour to complete and ranged from algebra to trigonometry. After I took the test I came in a few days later and spoke with the manager about my math skills, availability, etc.

Math Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

You must take a test to prove your math knowledge. Then you interview with the manager. If you do well then they will ask you to work with students one day as a trial run. If you do well then you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to be a tutor? How would I work with unruly or unmotivated students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Fort Lee, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview went very nicely and was in a very comfortable environment. I was given a math literacy test, and the employer actually went through the test question by question with me. After that they had me come in again to actually help out some kids with their work and it went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• The first thing I was asked was how would I tell someone how to compute 99+99+99=?   1 Answer

Math Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

It was easy and relaxed, they'll give you a quick tour of the center and have you sit with a few of the students to give you a feel of how the position will be