Mathnasium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mathnasium Interview Questions

Interviews at Mathnasium

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

The interview process included both an interview to review company policies and expectations and then a comprehensive (approx. 2 hours) math test to make sure you are qualified to teach the material.

Interview Questions

• Up to what level math do you feel confident teaching?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, on-site math test review quadratic equation, and algebra if you are rustly. Then, there is a 'higher math' test, which is high school level, and 'how would you explain why given student answer is wrong.

Instructor Interview

Interview

Very basic with questions about previous experience and specific skills in teaching. the manager was overall pleasant and asking questions about the resume. Asked a few math questions to understand how you think about a certain problem and how you answer it.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Took a math exam to show proficiency in several subjects. Was asked questions about interacting with students and parents. Was asked to do a walk through of teaching a problem.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

I took an exam and passed it. Also, I was asked behavioral questions by the manager of the Mathnasium. After, I was given modules to complete and asked questions on how I would handle different situations involving students and sometimes guardians.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

they first test me on my math skill then they ask me to assist a kid and then it was interview owner and director. the whole process took 2 and half hours.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

I showed up at the tutoring center expecting to get interviewed more in-depth about prior experiences teaching. However, there weren't many questions at all. Instead, I just had to take a diagnostic test and pass it.

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Lilburn, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed directly to come in a take an assessment. The most difficult task on the assessment was solving quadratic equations, so it should be a cake walk for anyone who has taken up to calculus. I was then asked basic personality questions, mental math questions, and questions about working with children.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate 999 x 3?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a lengthy interview process that took about 2 weeks. There was an online application, phone interview (under 20 mins), face-to-face interview/ center visit (about 3 hours), math test, and final phone interview/ offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with sales and/or leads?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Interview

The hiring process was relatively simple and easy. There was an interview and a math test that went up to geometry. Not a very difficult test if you have any background in math.