Mathnasium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mathnasium Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately got a call to come in to take a test. I took the test then shadowed for about half an hour. Pretty much got the job then. They show you their method of communicating with young students.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Found an add on craigslist and called to apply. Went in to take an algebra and pre algebra exam to see if I was qualified for the position. Did well on that so was called in for an interview.

Math Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

It was easy and relaxed, they'll give you a quick tour of the center and have you sit with a few of the students to give you a feel of how the position will be

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given 90 minutes to complete a math assessment that's comprised of K-8 math. After you are finished, I waited in the director's office for the interview portion. It was very conversational, and she asked me if I would be fine working with little kids. Also, we went through a math evaluation process where I had to pretend she was a student and explain why the example problems shown were wrong and correct her. Overall, it was a smooth process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mathnasium (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward and easy. I first applied for a position and was soon called in to take a math proficiency exam that tested concepts covered in pre-algebra, algebra I and II, geometry, and basic arithmetic. After successful completion of the exam, I had an interview with the site director and received training shortly after.

Math Instructor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

It was quite easy. Everything center is independently run so it depends on that. I was just asked to take a test regarding basic math and asked about my availability. The most difficult question on the test for me involved solutions (ie if one solution is 30% sugar and you mix two quarts of it with one that is 20% sugar water how much sugar is in the water now... obviously not the real question but of that sort).

Interview Questions

• The test was 30 questions long and math content went up to 8th grade.   Answer Question

Assistant Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview! The owner asked great questions which elicited confident and very credible responses from me. It was exciting and collaborative and a really great process! It was a great balance of challenging and comfortable so I felt very positive throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skill set being an asset to this business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

In person interview then you will have to take a test which covered basic math. There is also an additional test which covered a little harder such as trig identities and factoring. Would be helpful to review multiplying and doing High School math before going to take the test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decided to apply at Mathnasium?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mathnasium (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly easy and quick, dressed casually but work appropriately, took a basic math test to confirm math abilities, took about an hour to complete, had a one on one interview afterwards asking about my math experience and current college major

Interview Questions

• Have you had any prior tutoring experience?   1 Answer

Math Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I took a brief math test that was stuff that I learned roughly ten years ago. Some of the questions included basic geometry stuff and basic algebraic skills . After a little more than a week, a women spoke with me on the phone about job experience and math related work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna teach math?(math education major)   1 Answer