Mathnasium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mathnasium Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.1

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Overall very friendly process, you come in for a test that should take about an hour or less than you talk with the manager (very conversational). Then they tell you the results of the test and if you get better than 80% you pass.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions on the test was a little tricky and may require extra room to work out by hand so feel free to ask for scratch paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Piscataway, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

First they bring you in to take an assessment. There are two. One is basic math skills, mostly fractions, decimals, triangles, lines, algebra 2 word problems. Nothing past algebra 2. Then they gave me a second assessment where I had to grade a paper and explain how I would fix the students mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question was If you mix a 30% solution with 15% solution to get 12 % solution of 100 grams, how much of each solution was put in.   1 Answer
    • Another question is 4 times the square of number is 5 greater than the same number times 9.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

The interviewers were kind but unclear with they expectations and the responsibilities of the role. It wasn't clear when I was actually offered the position. Three persons were part of the interview process.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

The interview process was fairly. Just a few interview math problems, and then a math assessment to see if you qualify for the job. It is a math tutoring place after all.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Pretty easy. Asked a few basic question, made you demonstrate how you would teach a child basic math concepts, then made you take an elementary level math quiz (asked about fractions, addition, subtraction, etc).

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Brief interview on past tutoring experience and personal perspective on instructing mathematics. Some questions involved gauging what you thought of the Mathnasium method of instruction. Then there was a math fluency test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

The interview process was two steps. The first step was a math literacy test, and the second step was interacting with the kids. The test was 50 questions long it included basic arithmetic and algebra. There were questions on fractions, percentages, decimals, factoring algebraic expressions, algebra word problems, probability, finding the area of geometric shapes. When I went into the interview they did not mention anything about timing. However, they judge you heavily on how much time it takes you to complete the exam. They do not want you to go over an hour if you do it makes you look bad. Also, you are not able to use a calculator for the exam which was a huge disadvantage to me. I was doing long multiplication such as the quadratic formula by hand with big numbers. The test questions were not difficult, but they were tedious. Do not just learn how to do the problems, but learn how to do them in the shortest time possible without having to do the work.

Interview Questions

• There was a question (not the exact wording of the question) about if you mix a solution containing 30% juice and another solution containing 20% juice and you mix it together to form a solution that is 100 gallons and is 12% juice. How much of the 30% juice was added?

What is 2/5% of 700?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Had previously applied a few summers ago and heard back immediately that my schedule didn't fit. Applied again when I had better availability. Waited almost a week and a half to hear back to schedule the fluency test. Test was much harder than I anticipated (couldn't remember some of the formulas/concepts). After taking the test was told that I would hear back in a few days about how well I did. Two weeks later received a generic email that they went with another candidate.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

Asked questions about my experience working with children, any prior tutoring or teaching experience. Then you take a basic math test, which is pretty simple. They also had me come in for a day and watched me interact with the kids and judged my teaching abilities.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathnasium.

Interview

I walked in, introduced myself and said I was going to be there for a math literacy test. They gave me a test that was a little harder than I thought it was going to be. It was a bit harder because I had not done this type of math so I feel like I overcomplicated some of the concepts. The test will probably take people an hour to an hour and a half. I would practice and warm up on some concepts if you haven't K-8 math in a long time.