The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Mathnasium? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Mathnasium employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Very flexible hours and schedule." (in 311 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and time mamangement options" (in 85 reviews)
- "Management was great" (in 81 reviews)
- "Very flexible and you work with very great people especially if center director is chill" (in 73 reviews)
- "Coworkers were friendly and helpful when shifts needed covering." (in 72 reviews)
- "The pay is low for a tutoring job compared to other tutoring companies in my area." (in 340 reviews)
- "Considering that this job has no benefits of any kind that is probably a better option." (in 47 reviews)
- "Salary is low for a tutoring position" (in 29 reviews)
- "The pay is close to minimum wage" (in 15 reviews)
- "Not many opportunities to move up" (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mathnasium and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,033 of over 3K reviews
Updated Oct 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Jun 27, 2023Math TutorFormer Employee
- Was never bored as a tutor. In this aspect it definitely beats have some office job where you have to fill out spreadsheets. You're constantly solving problems, talking with a kid, moving around. - Pretty satisfying to teach kids, encourage them to focus, joke with them. The kids I had were always pretty well behaved and I had support. It's like teaching without all the frustration. - get to to meet interesting coworkers - had a great manager, who was patient when I made mistakes and tried to work on me eventually getting promoted (though I didn't stay long enough for that, I was there for like 8 months). She practiced a system where the tutors would alternate managing each other to get leadership experience, not sure if that's standard or not. - flexible on hours. Before peak hours, it's sometimes possible to get someone to cover you for a half hour or so, and after peak hours you can choose who goes home early.
- pay could be higher. Was making $12.50/hr. May have gone up since I was working there - working during COVID pandemic meant a lot of extra cleaning tasks than would usually exist. They're not hard at all, but you have to remember to do them in a particular way and order very frequently, and they're very easy to slip your mind. There was no extra pay for having these extra tasks. - Even without COVID, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the regular cleaning/organizational/time management tasks. Again, not hard at all, you just have to have that schedule down to a tee.
Mathnasium Reviews FAQs
Mathnasium has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,086 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Mathnasium to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
78% of Mathnasium employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mathnasium 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.