Mattersight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was probably the longest interview process I've ever encountered, but it was a good learning experience. First I took a critical thinking test, met with one of the Accounting Managers, another Accounting Manager and finally the Controller. Unfortunately I wasn't offered the position. Although, I felt like I had more experience than what the team had reflected. Seeing that they were 2-3 months behind on work, I felt like I could've improved processes.

Interview Questions

• A Case Study was given, but nothing too difficult for an experienced Accountant.   Answer Question

Data Integrity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, this interview experience was a learning experience because I have never experienced going through 3 rounds of interview consisting of hour long phone calls, taking an IQ test, and meeting 4 different interviewers each.
    The first phone call was with "Patrick" (Director of Talent Acquisition). It was an hour long (each phone call is an hour long) and it was basically a get to know you kind of phone call asking you about your resume, education experience, work experience and what you know about the company and why you applied to the position/company.
    Next phone call is more behavioral questions. For example, a time where you had a bad teammate, good teammate experience, juggling multiple projects, overcoming adversity, a time where a project failed and what you can do to make it better.
    Lastly, if you pass the 2 phone calls, they invite you on-site for final round. The final round consisted of a 12 min wonderlic test (consisting of math and verbal questions) and then they dive straight into interviews. No break, just each person coming in and out 30 min each. For an entry-level position, they asked very in depth technical questions to throw you off your feet. The last person to have interviewed me was the director. She will ask very difficult and specific type questions to challenge you and see if you're good enough.

Interview Questions

• A software that you use all the time and what can you do to make it better?   Answer Question
    • There's a software and you have to find a bug within 2 hours. What would you do? what is the process you would take?   Answer Question
    • If a design team gave you a brand new phone, and you have 1 week to test it. What would you do to test out the phone? what would your plan of action be? And if they asked you if they can sell it to the market can you say yes?   Answer Question
    • How was your school's program qualitative and quantitative   Answer Question

Behavioral Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Screen (involving general questions, behavioral questions and word problems/brain teasers); personality tests online (supposedly not affecting viability for employment) 2 sets of interviews each by multiple people from different levels and departments.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you used data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and the whole process took about 4 weeks (part of the process was during a holiday). The recruiter I worked with did a good job of setting the timing expectation and always followed up when they said they would. The interview process itself was a phone interview, which was very conversational, and an onsite meeting where I met with 4 members of the team. The onsite meeting was also very conversational and included a tour of the office, which was very nice. My onsite meeting lasted roughly 4 hours total. I also had to complete 2 assessments, which were not terribly difficult nor time consuming. Overall my experience was very positive and I appreciated the communication I received, soo many companies fall short on that these days!

Interview Questions

• Questions included: Tell me about your background? Why Mattersight? Why this position? And then role specific questions: What would I change? What are my thoughts/opinion...?   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

There were a lot of steps to the interview process, but they move fast and are very quick to respond (Patrick is awesome). They take the time to get to know each candidate and really see if they will fit in and succeed at the company. Each interview (except for the case) felt like a conversation in which both parties are trying to get to know each other and get their questions answered (it was mostly behavioral).

Interview Questions

• How many laps have I swam during my swimming career?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone calls that lasted about 30 minutes each. Followed up with an in-person interview with four people lasting about 3 hours. Also took a personality test and IQ test - total combined time took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with event coordination.   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen with the main recruiter and then a follow-up conversation over the phone with my future direct supervisor. Making it to the next round, I was asked to fill out a personality profile prior to my in-person interview, where I took the Wonderlic test and had a series of in-person interviews with the various department heads, including the Chief People Officer. I final phone conversation with an EVP and then received the good news about a week later. Everyone was extremely friendly throughout, honest and upfront about the process, and willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a high profile client is experiencing distress over an issue that you are unsure if you can address immediately?   Answer Question

Client Relations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter who was phenomenal to work with throughout the process. He was incredibly responsive and provided thorough answers to all of my questions. Because I am located out of state they conducted three rounds of interviews:
    1) A one hour call with the recruiter
    2) Two additional calls, 30 minutes with the hiring manager and 30 minutes with a senior analyst
    3) Onsite Interview that included a Wonderlic test, a brief skills test, and several one on one interviews with the team

Interview Questions

• What three metrics would you create for a public park and why?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mattersight (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy but worth it in the end. Interviewed with 3 people initially, was called in to do a short 30 min power point presentation, and finally had 4 mock phone sales calls. Mattersight really tries to pick individuals that fit the company culture based on personality and skill set so takes their time getting to know the individual. All interviewers were friendly and easy going. The interviews and presentations were laid back and the interviewers constantly provided feedback and kept me in the loop.Overall, it was a positive experience and I often thought that even if the offer wasn't made it was great experience.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. He hit straight to the important points/blockers: salary, location, timing, etc. Next steps were phone interviews with a developer and then a hiring manager. Both were very casual and involved speaking through my experience, how I handle technical problems with clients on projects, and my overall goals.

Communication was always flowing in this process. The recruiter did a fantastic job keeping me engaged and aligned with what Mattersight was thinking. I came on-site for a final round with 2 developers, 1 CSM, and the hiring manager. Impressive team to say the least. Each interview was about 30 minutes. They also administered a PI (before the on-site), Wonderlic and a technical assessment (both on-site). The assessment was more to gauge your logic as I did not know the answer to every question (there were about 20).

Overall, great experience. The recruiter did a great job being engaging and motivating during the entire process. The offer was solid and they are great team. Everyone clearly enjoyed their jobs and was learning.

Interview Questions

• What is a Cartesian Product? Is this the same as a Cross Join? It is "Best Practices" to never use either?   Answer Question