MedImpact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Three rounds: first with current employees, the other two were with hiring managers. Basic questions about qualifications and what you can bring to the table. Also had to take an Excel test. I did little to no talking during the employee panel because they often went on tangents. Be prepared to answer desired salary and technical expertise.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They grill me for 2 hour technical by 4 engineers, then 30 minutes more by two manager, and a VP. But one a single minute they tell me about Medimpact. Fake interview. They already have their less qualified cousin line up for the job. Junior there, called themselves senior, are so nervous hiring other senior and affect their job security. Nervous "My group don't need new enigeer", funny, sad.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between "Team" and "Organization" in Liferay ? What ? Is this guy serious. I am expert in Liferay last 6 years, I know these things like back of my hand. "Team" ? There is no such thing. They must got so confuse and so bad memory that they don't even remember the most basic of Liferay.   1 Answer

CBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter which was the initial phone interview. Scheduled a 3 panel interview with hiring manager present. After the interview, HR called me back to discuss pay. I negotiated and they accepted. Harmless interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImpact (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

If you know your resume and can call on specific things you have done in previous classes or jobs you'll be fine. Don't worry about understanding the industry, all they want are driven and well-rounded people. The interview was about 25 minutes long over the phone. Make sure you know how to use excel, it's an important criteria.

Interview Questions

• How well versed are you in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically excel?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

This was through a staffing agency, the recruiter presented me with the contract-to-hire position and I had phone screen with hiring manager 5 days later. The phone call went really well and hiring manager was very friendly and receptive. There were no difficult questions and noted that the team is new and he's hoping to add many more members to his team. He mentioned he had more phone screens and will let recruiter know I'd be onsite soon. 9 days later I went onsite and was told I was the only one so far after 6 candidates on the phone. I met the hiring manager and he just asked me which position would he prefer as he has a couple. I then met with product manager and that went well, although he wasn't able to answer a couple of my questions about long-term roadmap and how this team is measured, since this is a new "start-up" like team, it didn't bother me. I was supposed to meet with a 3rd person but there was a scheduling miscommunication and wasn't able to meet. This onsite interview is one of the easiest ones I've experienced. After interview, hiring manager made offer and even converted to full-time permanent and matched the rate of the other company that accepted me; he was nice to send me a LinkedIn message thanking me to be onsite and tells me there is a huge opportunity for joining his team. However, after much consideration, I declined as the commute would be too challenging for me. I would take this offer if I had no other offers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in taking this project that is already released, or prefer to work on a dynamic and potentially challenging new project? We have two openings, which one do you prefer?   Answer Question

UCCE/UC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedImpact (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Tech company contacted me for first interview. Had three more interviews after that. Afte the third one it was clear that I was not qualified for the position and I told the recruiter as much. Waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what SIP is and why I should implement this in my environment.   Answer Question
    • What is SRST and what technologies are needed to employ this feature?   Answer Question

Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR proactive but a bit aggressive most of the way. Had two skype (one technical) and 4 or so in person interview (one after another [technical & personality]). Offer was negotiated and close to my request. After two skype interviews, I was told I would be flown in. I spent a Friday morning with VP/Directors/Managers/peers and had a good set of discussions. I was tag teamed throughout the way but it was a great atmosphere. Supposedly, even CIO was involved with different players about my application.
    Turned down offer for personal reasons and to stay with current employer.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard technical and personality based questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

While not a deal breaker, HR was aggressive and put me off. At one point suggesting, they would do income verification to confirm my salary. I mean you spend so much time talking to me and after all these interviews, technical and personality, you and I know I am your candidate. And then you start the negotiation this way - not very cool! Since the middleware team was being put together just now and I thought my interviews went well, they should have handled negotiation as if they really wanted to work with me. Telling me you will do a income verification on my app was not a deal breaker but I also could not look past it. We eventually settled on what I would have wanted but declined after couple of days due to personal reasons.

PMB GENERALIST PROGRAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived at a very impressive looking company. I was handed a freshly minted ID that I had to wear at all times. I wasn't aware it was going to be a group interview. First we submitted our paperwork, then we were moved to an office where we were told what the company does, and what the various departments are responsible for. Lastly, they took us out and had us interview separately. It was in a dining like area with tables set up (it felt rather quickly put together) and we had two rounds of interviews. I completely didn't understand the reason for the second interview since they asked the same questions, and the last 2 interviewers DID NOT want to be there. I got the impression that it is a company that people don't enjoy working for (but that's as far as I can tell for the interview, for all I know they're having a party in the back).

Client Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through company website. A few weeks later had first round phone interview with HR. Second round phone interview with potential supervisors in another few weeks. Third round phone interview with department manager a few days later. Took a basic excel competency test at an off-site location. Received offer 2 or 3 weeks later contingent on background check and drug test to be completed within 3 days.

Formulary Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedImpact (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Currently going through 2 phone interviews and I hope that leads to a face to face interiview. I hope that I will receive an offer after I complete the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did your previous employer not extend your contract?   1 Answer