MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MedStar Washington Hospital Center

2.8

Sort:

Patient Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

I Received a voicemail from a HR nurse, I called back the same day and heard back about a week later to schedule an interview. I had a phone interview with the nurse director and patient care manager. Then HR contacted me a few days later to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with the HR nurse first, the nurses and nursing assistants interviewed me next, then a panel of patient care managers. Unfortunately for external applicants, they seem to select a lot of internal applicants for this position. After the interview, it took 2 weeks for HR to notify me that I was not selected.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Interview

I submitted an application and wrote an email to participate in PCT Interview Day advertised on their site, they contacted me a few days later. There were 2 interviews. one with HR dude, one with supervisor of the hiring department. Common questions about what skills made you a good candidate, what your supervisor would describe as areas to work on, how to deal with lazy coworkers and angry patients/family. Seems that the major thing they're looking for is teamwork: you want to emphasize how you manage disagreements with coworkers constructively, how you understand your limits and are willing to help out and be helped. So you should have some examples of that prepared. Very relaxed interviews, HR guy gave me a lot of positive feedback about my answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you bathed a senile patient and later on she forgot and started complaining to family that they were not bathed?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview with human resource nurse. Then interviewed with the unit director. Had to ask to see unit after interview. Floor had heavy patient load and high turnover of nurses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had conflict and how you resolved it.   2 Answers

Nurses looked unhappy.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward, and common interview questions. They asked about my past experiences and how I would fit into their department. Overall, the interview process was set up quickly, a little disorganized but that is expected when you are meeting with physicians who see patients and have busy schedules.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. Brush up on your clinical research terminologies (what is an IRB? What is a 1572? etc). Be ready to talk about how you manage your time and interact with others or handle stressful situations. Also, for whatever department you're applying to, make sure you understand the anatomy or bodily systems involved with that area of the body or disease group.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewing process was fairly easy.The person interviewing me was down to earth and encouraged me to relax although I was nervous. I was called back with an offer less than an hour after the interview.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

In person interview with 2 people. Basic interview questions also clinical scenarios with sample evaluation/treatment ideas

Assistant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

I talked to Human Resources personell on the phobe. My application was pulled from the University of South Carolina job pool website. The initial interview was telephone based and that process took around 45min to an hour. There were a series of questions then I was invited to an on site one on one interview. After completing that interview process I was invited to take an inventory test in which I declined. The pay considered was great, but the work environment seemed a bit cumbersome.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment? Why would you choose it? How would your greatest accomplishment influence your decision to work here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a simple interview. Easy to prepare for. Not intimidating in anyway. Comfortable and relaxed. General, expected, questions were asked. Quick and painless. Interviewer was nice and seemed to assess my personality in addition to my skills, to see if I would fit in with the work environment.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position some time in March. I was contacted April 7, via email to set up an interview. I immediately emailed back and never received a confirmation. I sent another email and and made a few phone calls, and still nothing...It's now May!! I'm very disappointed in the HR department for this company. If you changed your mind about the interview, put the job on hold or decided to choose another candidate then you should let me know something and not leave me in the dark.