MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions

Interviews at MedStar Washington Hospital Center

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Required one day of interviews, where I met with various members of the Cardiology Team. I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses, and various timeline-related questions. It was a very standard interview

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself 10 years from when I was in high school   Answer Question

Labor and Delivery RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

After a learning session, I moved on to the interview process. The interview was about 30 minutes total. I first met with the Nurse Managers and then the staff. They were very pleasant and I felt at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you did not agree with orders you're being given?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for a New Grad Residency. I met first with the Director who gave information on the unit and answered questions. I then interviewed with 3 staff nurses and then later 3 of the unit Managers. Everything was a pretty free flowing conversation, very casual. I also went on a tour of the unit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in October 2019.

Interview

Very long interview process which didn’t feel that long as we were fully engaged the entire time.
    Interview lasted 2 hours. My questions were not complete but it was stopped there.

Interview Questions

• You’re doing the change of shift report and the pct reports low gmr for one of your patients what do you do?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in August 2019.

Interview

This is by far one of the most negative interviews I’ve been on I got there 15 mins early for my appointment the recruiter was nowhere to be found finally another recruiter comes out 45 minutes later and apologizes and walks me over to the hiring managers office the hiring manager was nice however she seemed very busy and uninterested in anything I had to say which made me even more nervous she also seemed a little rude I was sent a rejection letter the next day but the following day she called back and said she was going to reverse it but I would only be prn (on call) im not sure why I didn’t get the position I use to do the same work at medstar Georgetown hospital however that was temporary I live literally 5 mins away from Washington hospital center which would have been very convenient but I guess they hire who they want

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

Met with the recruiter to do a preliminary interview with basic questions. Then taken to the unit and interviewed with the nurse manager. Also took a tour of the unit with the unit manager and was able to see the unit layout as well as the patient population.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions such as my interest in nursing and my desire to work on a particular unit as well as experience. The unit manager did ask unit based practical questions about how to care for specific patients as well as questions about medications, pathophysiology and clinical scenarios.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Simple. Interviewed with staff and with managers. Took about 3 hours total. Asked about 5 year plan and goals and where i wanted to see the staff. Open ended Questions. Staff rated me on a scale between 1-10.

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year plan?
      Where do you see staff?
      What are your goals for the associates?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in June 2019.

Interview

The first half was okay, it was mostly the recruiters talking about the hospital and RN residency program. This was great. Second half, was the interview with one of the units on your preference list.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had a difficult patient, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

New Grad Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Met with HR and nursing educators for an informal information session. They went over benefits/salary information and the general structure of the program. A staff member from the department where I was interviewing escorted me to a managers office. I had a short interview with one of the department managers to discuss previous experience and answer behavioral scenario questions. I was also asked about 4-5 clinical scenarios and asked what I would recommend in that situation. The manager then explained unit specific program structure, training, scheduling, and did a quick tour of the unit.

BMET II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in February 2019.

Interview

Standard interview process. Completed over three stage 1) Phone Screening with HR, 2) Face to Face with supervisor & director, 3) Peer Interview with staff and 4) HR salary offer.

Union backed positions and salary doesn't match cost of living/market of DC.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused more on behavioral or situational assessment skills. Such as customer service, conflict management, organization/time management & etc. Minor technical questions pertaining to some equipment.   Answer Question