Medela Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medela

3.4

Sort:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medela in June 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule phone interview- was able to accomplish that in a few days which was great. The recruiter I did the phone interview with was also great- asked standard questions and I enjoyed that we were able to laugh at some things so early in the morning.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medela (McHenry, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an extremely thorough interview. They sent one of their products to my house a week or so prior to the interview with a request that I prepare a synopsis of it and its operation. They asked very technical questions about it - extremely challenging.

Interview Questions

• As the stroke of the "piston" is the same whether pumping from one or both sides, how is the pressure kept equalized   1 Answer

Technically, I didn't get a written offer. I was told that they wanted to make an offer, but I said I needed to speak with the hiring manager first for better role definition. I wanted a leadership role with staff management, but the role they had available did not offer that.

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medela.

Interview

Take short math and reading comprehension quiz, if pass, then move on to typical HR questions and further job description items. It was one of the easier interview processes I have been through. Short, it could have been shorter, but simple and quick. Since it is a simple position, a simple interview makes sense.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle assembler type situations (i.e. standing many hours, short breaks, dress code, etiquette, etc.)? Why work here? What do you know about us? Do you know anyone who uses our products? Do you get along with co-workers? Are you an amiable person?   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medela (McHenry, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview in the McHenry, IL office. On the morning of the interview, received a call from the HR contact stating someone had a family emergency and they would need to get back to me to reschedule. 2 weeks went by and heard nothing. Reached out and have still not heard anything back after 6 weeks. Very unprofessional that they either lied to me, or coincidentally changed their mind after the "emergency" and didn't contact me. I would stay very far away from this dishonest culture.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medela (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen interview, then Hiring manager phone call interview. Next there was an in person meeting with Manager and National Sales Director, then flown to corporate office for meeting with upper management.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medela in August 2018.

Interview

Very elongated. Months in between initial phone interview and face to face. An awful experience overall. Unfortunately the 2.4 Star rating of this company on Glassdoor showed and backed exactly some of the comments that people have said. Even the new wave of management is arrogant and makes you feel that they're above you. Guys calling in via phone and making judgements about personality without meeting me. Somebody explain that. You have to be a stuff shirted stuck up suck up to be welcomed here I feel like. Or you won't get anywhere. Just not the right opportunity for me which is too bad for them. Company does have some good things going.

Hospital Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medela (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

fist interview with HR. A quick phone screen and then a longer phone interview. Then interview in my local in my city with area manager and then flown to corporate for a day of interviews. At corp I met with HR and sales director. Process was long but not bad or intimidating. They treated me wonderfully with ticket and car service. it all went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Success and failures, likes and dislikes about my current job   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medela (McHenry, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call almost immediately (within 2 hours) for an interview. They sent an email with several forms and questionnaires I was required to complete asap (the majority of information was in my resume and the online application I'd already filled out, which seemed redundant and disrespectful of my time I'd already spent on my application.)
    When I went for the interview the interviewer was late, but not for any discernible reason. No one could find her.
    We eventually connected and sat in a conference room for about an hour. She was constantly distracted by her phone and had not even brought a pen to take notes or scribble messages for the calls she was taking while I sat there. I get that sometimes it's busy or short staffed but carving out 20-30 minutes uninterrupted goes a long way to convey to a prospective employee that this place has it together and it's not all chaos.

The worst part is I never heard back. Not a thanks but no thanks, no impersonal email, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Basic CS questions about difficult customers, what would you do if, prioritize calls.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medela.

Interview

phone interview first --got called in for face to face....interviewed with several people...variety of questions, the product development group came across as hostile(and they are to people outside their own group)...the others were very professional in the interview...but that changed as i started here

Interview Questions

• the product development group person that interviewed me so arrogant - that now that I have to work with him...I wish I had acted on my instinct it was a red flag not to work there , since he is as hostile to work with ---as he was to me in the interview. It came across as they do not respect regulatory Authorities either.   1 Answer

Research and Development Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medela (Brea, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was the director of Research and Development. He was very friendly and was clear on what they were looking for in a candidate. He asked the general interview questions and questions that related to my resume. It was a positive experience. I also met with the hiring manager from human resources who told me how the company functions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with method development?   1 Answer