Mediacom Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mediacom Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018

2.4

Field Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

Easy two person interview, the over all process was easy and nice. I dressed business casual and brought a smile as well as a notebook. I checked in with a receptionist and waited to be escorted back to the managers office.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process lasted about 2 hours.Completed an Assessment online then met with one of the Supervisors for an interview. After the interview was complete he walked me through the building. Next day received a email to complete for background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Field Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I received a phone call the day after I applied, inviting me to an open interview the next day. I did have to wait 10-15 minutes for the HR person to come out to the lobby to get me. The interview began with the HR person explaining the role and compensation, and then the supervisor and manager of the position came in to ask questions. I have not yet received an offer but believe I will.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

So this process of interviewing with mediacom was VERY extensive, never before have i went through as many steps before knowing my place. So this is the lists of interviews i went through.

1)HR Phone Screen Interview
    2)Immediate Boss Interview
    3)Immediate Boss' Boss and SR HR Interview
    4)Imediate Boss' Boss' Boss Via Video Conference
    5)Interview with 2 Corporate HR Via Video Conference
    6)Interview with the Daughter In The Family Who Owns Mediacom and another HR Person

I met with a total of 9 people in this interview process and its crazy because the position i applied for i would not think would warrant so many to need to speak with me but it was all worth it in the end. From what i have gathered was i was a locally chosen candidate for the job but before they can proceed they must get Corporate Approval. I must say meeting with the Daughter of the family who runs mediacom was great, she added alot to my overall perception of the job because she really does care about the people working for her and the customers mediacom has. After good feedback was given from all the corp levels then i was contacted back from local HR with Offer :-)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mediacom? What do you know about the job you are applying for? Why are you looking to leave your current job? They will also ask about previous jobs in depth. Have you ever been robbed? How do you handle change?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was long and extensive taking hours for a tour and shadowing a rep on the phone. This was not told ahead of time, then after I accepted their offer they were unable to get me into a training class in time, what a waste of 3 weeks!

Broadband Specialist I Valdosta Ga Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed and got a phone call about a month later. Phone interview was pretty simple. The HR lady than set up an interview that following week. I went in and took a computer test there are 2 parts. One was about some pressure system and the other part was just basic questions after that I met with the supervisor. The supervisor was a great guy he made you feel comfortable and I had already had prior experience in the cable industry so that was a plus and he actually listened to what I had to say. 20 mins after I left the office they sent me an email to start my background check. It's been a little over a week I haven't received a phone call yet but I'm sure I got the job. I hope this helps some out

Interview Questions

• How will hiring you benefit this company?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

You will receive a call with some basic questions about your work history, then two questions regarding your experience in networking, mine were whether or not I knew how to ping a modem or website as well as the benefits of a trace route. Fairly standard, even if you get both wrong they are still willing to consider you based on past experience in a technical environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your previous experience in a troubleshooting technical service environment?   1 Answer

IP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an in person interview. It was a very good interview asked simple question about what I know about the job. then they described what the job was about etc.

Interview Questions

• what do I know about the job   1 Answer

Sales Assistant, Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was originally contacted and asked preliminary questions about the position. They must have liked that they heard, because I was told that they would pass my information along and that another individual would be calling me for an interview. A week goes by, no contact with me was made. The guy never called. I followed up with the first person and they said they would get with him. Over a month later, the guy still has not called, and I got a rejection e-mail thanking me for interviewing with them and that despite having many great candidates applying, others' credentials were a better fit. Now, not receiving an offer is not a big deal, but when they thank you for an interview that never happened, it's a pretty big deal. My credentials were never considered because the guy who was to call me for an interview never did. Suffice to say I was left less than impressed with the company and in the long period of time I had already moved on. My interest in working for Mediacom in the future has gone way down as a result of this. It would not be as bad if the guy had actually called me and interviewed me as I was told would happen.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions because they never called.   Answer Question

Administrative Assi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was conversational, only a few questions that related to the administrative aspects of the position. Met with the hiring supervisor following the interview. Interviewer was nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what to prioritize?
      If you are sent more information than what you can include in an announcement, how do you determine what should be included or not?
      Tell me about your background.   Answer Question