Mediacom Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

Broadband Specialist I Valdosta Ga Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed and got a phone call about a month later. Phone interview was pretty simple. The HR lady than set up an interview that following week. I went in and took a computer test there are 2 parts. One was about some pressure system and the other part was just basic questions after that I met with the supervisor. The supervisor was a great guy he made you feel comfortable and I had already had prior experience in the cable industry so that was a plus and he actually listened to what I had to say. 20 mins after I left the office they sent me an email to start my background check. It's been a little over a week I haven't received a phone call yet but I'm sure I got the job. I hope this helps some out

Interview Questions

• How will hiring you benefit this company?   1 Answer

IP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an in person interview. It was a very good interview asked simple question about what I know about the job. then they described what the job was about etc.

Interview Questions

• what do I know about the job   1 Answer

Sales Assistant, Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was originally contacted and asked preliminary questions about the position. They must have liked that they heard, because I was told that they would pass my information along and that another individual would be calling me for an interview. A week goes by, no contact with me was made. The guy never called. I followed up with the first person and they said they would get with him. Over a month later, the guy still has not called, and I got a rejection e-mail thanking me for interviewing with them and that despite having many great candidates applying, others' credentials were a better fit. Now, not receiving an offer is not a big deal, but when they thank you for an interview that never happened, it's a pretty big deal. My credentials were never considered because the guy who was to call me for an interview never did. Suffice to say I was left less than impressed with the company and in the long period of time I had already moved on. My interest in working for Mediacom in the future has gone way down as a result of this. It would not be as bad if the guy had actually called me and interviewed me as I was told would happen.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions because they never called.   Answer Question

Administrative Assi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was conversational, only a few questions that related to the administrative aspects of the position. Met with the hiring supervisor following the interview. Interviewer was nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what to prioritize?
      If you are sent more information than what you can include in an announcement, how do you determine what should be included or not?
      Tell me about your background.   Answer Question

Internet Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

I was offered a job and told that I'd be working Internet tech-support. In actuality I do the Internet tech-support and the customer service role not a big deal to me I was told though that I would be transferring billing calls and customer service calls back to customer service. Pretty much it was a bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to do overtime?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any chance to negotiate I did take the offer the pay is somewhat low but it is a good place to start to get IT experience

Call Center Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Breeze, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Gulf Breeze, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to give a PowerPoint presentation and then answer interview questions in a panel setting. The questions were mostly nonsensical and had nothing to do with the position. The panel was made up of the hiring manager of the department and assistant manager, but it also included other managers from other departments that had no real reason for participating in the interview process.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Auburn, IN).

Interview

Interviewed by Supervisor and Technical Operations Manager. Asked scenario based questions and answered them honestly. Standard process. If done today, it will be a computer application with a test on general knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an irate customer?   1 Answer

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications in April 2016.

Interview

the 1st call was from the recruiter, asked about experience and sponsorship. I said I am eligible to work for any company for the next 2 years. if no sponsorship is provided, it is fine. I pass this round.

1 minute later, an engineer team manager gave me the 2nd interview. He asked about the sponsorship at the very beginning. I gave the same response but he interrupted me very rudely. He talked impatiently with a lot of nonsense words like, " you go for the big company like bank in nyc", etc.). Even I said I do not require sponsorship, he continued interrupting me by saying this is a multiple years position and other non-sense words.

Hopefully every engineer in his team would stay longer than 2 years in this "2.6" rating company.

Internet Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Springfield, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Fast moving, apply online in the morning and have a telephone interview in a few hours. Demonstrate you aren't fully comatosed nor narcoleptic while understanding Traceroute and you're invited to their recruiting office. The screening is just banal and their tests are geared for the lowest common denominator by determining if you can add two numbers smaller than 10 or capable of reading monosyllabically without experiencing a psychotic break.
    The vast majority of questions and hypothetical scenarios revolve around angry customers, how would the candidate deal with what is seemingly a pervasive customer angst that has graduated into tangibly evil infectious rage of subscriber hatred for their unreliable Mediacom Cable TV / Internet package.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable car? Do you have an alarm clock?!?!?! In the past have you ever missed work without advising your supervisor ahead of time or by phone ? DO YOU KNOW TCP/IP on Windows?   1 Answer
    • Is your car in good working order, "not bald tires"?   1 Answer
    • What is traceroute? [THIS WAS THE ONLY TECHNOLOGY COMPETENCE ORIENTED QUESTION ASKED IN THE SCREENING PROCESS FOR THEIR Internet Services Tech Support Agent position]   2 Answers

I didn't want a position in a pedantic company that hypocritically describes their appetite for "long term focused" employees while they're constantly recruiting in wholesale quantities to replenish a recurring exodus of employees broken in a culture deceit that ostensibly exploits staff beyond reasonable limits.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

The interview process for Mediacom Communications consisted of an online application and phone interview. The online application was very straight forward. The phone interview included a variety of questions, as expected, and included questions related to motivating employees.