Mediacom Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mediacom Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.4

Analyst Interview

Interview

A little disorganized, but useful and informative about the company. I also felt that they allowed me to give a very good representation of myself and my skill set. My main concern was the time they required to reply at every stage of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Middletown, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Received an email from HR stating that they were interested in hearing about me. Set up a phone interview with HR and they asked basic background questions about my life, education, and work history. This led to an onsite interview with an HR recruiter and three accounting managers. Next step was another onsite interview with an accounting VP, accounting Senior VP, and the head managers of HR. Offered position if all goes well.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Mount Vernon, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Had my Interview this morning... real know how long it will take for them decide. Hoping its quick really like what he had to say. I know i can do all there training and classes even get a Class E licence. I hope this process is quick because if its to much longer i will have to find other employment.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

HR will call and ask a few questions and set up an appt with your local office for an interview. After initial interview, you'll get a meeting with an HR person for all required paperwork. Afterwards they run a background check which could take weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. Either you take their offer or you don't.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

submitted application online
    was then called by the hiring manger to set up an interview
    went to the local office for an interview and was asked basic question about whether i had done anything before and did i think i could do certain parts of the job like sales or lifting a ladder

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

Talked on phone, went in for interview with 3 poeple.

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Hutchinson, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Call, call back, face to face interview where they lie to your face continually.

Interview Questions

• We start off paying 11.25 per hour, is this ok with you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate the salary but to no avail.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

First I had to wait a month before I heard anything back about possibly getting the job, but you will first start out with a standard question/answer phone interview. Then if they approve you, you will go to an in person interview. Be prepared to be questioned by both of your potential bosses, there are two and you will be placed under one of them. After the interview be prepared for a computer test, one section is to make sure you can operate a computer and the other is basic question/answer, there will be some math questions in this test. Once you have completed that your done, then you just wait to see if you got the job, if you did then you just have to fill out some paperwork and get drug tested.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was upset about the installation taking so long?   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

Baisc. Just tell them what they want to hear. Customer first. Do good work. Work hard. The interview was easy. After hired, sat around alot, got sent on "special" projects that had nothing to do with learning system. The "training" was a joke. DIdn't really teach anything useful. Ride alongs weren't too bad. Depends on who you got sent with. Lot of techs just play the system to get ahead/get out of work.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Auburn, IN).

Interview

Interviewed by Supervisor and Technical Operations Manager. Asked scenario based questions and answered them honestly. Standard process. If done today, it will be a computer application with a test on general knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an irate customer?   1 Answer