Mediterranean Shipping Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

Walked through call center to back office and waited 30mins. Filled out 2 pages of survey type questions. If that wasn't unprofessional enough, one Asian guy and some European waltzes in as if their God. We go to another office where the foreign guy stands in front of a whiteboard and started drawing a ship, asking me abbreviations of states and how and why I would take cargo where. WTF?!? Again, I applied for CSR. I couldn't help but think "how is this relevant??" and sure enough when I asked, it wasn't. That followed by basic excel questions. Pay sucks, not worth it AT ALL, true definition of lowball!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Interview

My interview was via skype. Easy and fast. Nothing special. English knowledge is bigger priority. Maritime degree or economical is a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft applications and Ms Excel is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MSC   1 Answer

Logistic Interview

Interview

not hard, just talk about yourself and you need write down a paper to talk some experience that you have. It takes 1 more hours to finish. Ask some about why you want to join the company and why not Chase or other fancy Company. Ask about past working experience and some skills.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly quick and painless one. They had me fill out an application on site and a questioaire. During the actual interview I had to fill out another accounting knowledge form. Then they asked me basic I ter view questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at msc? What do expect from us?   Answer Question

Traffic Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview took place at Houston local offices and was of approximately 2 hours. It was conducted by Houston´s office manager, by the end of the interview he told me to let him know when I was ready to start all the process (since I´m a foreigner a lot of documentation and processes are needed).

Interview Questions

• Questions about professional and academic background.
      What do you know about MSC?
      What´s your opinion of the industry?
      Why do you want to work here?
      When there´s a problem how do you react to it?
      Why do you want to change from the industry you are currently working
      Economical and political questions of my country: In what percentage is the GDP expected to grow for this year? What actions has the government implement to fight corruption? What´s your opinion about cartels? How will the energy policies affect the nationals economy?
      Are you aware of the challengues of working abroad?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

All candidates arrive and immediately start filling out a survey with both basic and creative thinking questions. Once you get called in to speak with an MSC employee they reference the survey during the interview multiple times asking you to explain your answers.

Export Traffic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. Mostly customer service questions, behavioral questions as in what you would do in a certain situation. Ideal candidates don't necessarily have previous experience. Process took 1 hour and was offered the job an hour later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Import Documentation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called in for interview. I met with Chief and the Office Manager who both interviewed me at the same time. The interview took about 30 mins. With in a few hours I was emailed with a offer...

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with sitting long hours?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Entirely way too intense. The main employee leading the interview was constantly trying to trick me with every question. Very pretentious. I had a common talking point with the other employee and we were rudely cut off by him. Before and after the interview I only heard negative reviews regarding the company, nothing positive at all.

Interview Questions

• He gave me the number of employees in the company then the amount of them that were accounting and asked questions regarding percentage, ratios, etc.   Answer Question

Export Documentation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Interview

The interview was great!One of the easiest I ever had. It wasn`t stressful at all.Was hired very fast and I like to work there.A lot of young people, different nationalities, everyone is kind and helpful. One of the few places where is a pleasure to go to work