MentorMate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MentorMate

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MentorMate (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

First you go through a normal phone interview asking your salary expectations, then there's a quick interview with project manager and some senior management asking about your familiarity with programming languages and tools that you'll be using.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MentorMate (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience, in which I first met with the two women I could be working closely with if I were to get the position. They were respectful of my time, and answered questions thoughtfully. This was followed by 2 more interviews. One with the president of the company, and another with the HR director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but was inexperienced in knowing what was respectable for a person of my experience.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MentorMate in March 2019.

Interview

I started with an in-person screening interview. The discussion was very positive and I learned more about the role. I also got a tour of the office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MentorMate (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was done by video chat with their HR. They asked me many questions about myself, and my "dreams" about the future. Then they asked me many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Interface and Abstract Class?   Answer Question
    • How to make CSS in the file to show over inline CSS?   1 Answer
    • Which CSS will be used the one that's inline or the one in the file for the same element?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MentorMate (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in January 2018.

Interview

I attended a local event that they sponsored. One of their recruiters asked me to fill in a form with professional info. I had a small talk with her and several days later I got an email from her. She asked me if I'm interested in their company and we scheduled a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was your latest project and what challenges did you overcome?   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varna (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MentorMate (Varna (Bulgaria)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter from MentorMate, who arranged the meeting with two tech team members. It was a friendly and interesting conversation in comfortable environment for 90 mins about wide range of technologies and approaches. From basis like design patterns, DI, DDD to NoSQL, distributed systems and project management.

The next interview was with .NET Practice Manager over skype. We mostly focused on positions where I'll be able to benefit the most value.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using DI containers?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MentorMate (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in March 2017.

Interview

We started with a review of my background and previous experience. They asked a few questions about my education. A few questions about my basic understanding of JavaScript, a programming task and a logical task. A member of the HR team and the lead of the team i applied to were present at the interview.

Interview Questions

• To calculate the angle between the arrows of an analog clock.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MentorMate in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy and pleasant interview. Lots of behavioral and competency questions. They don't try and trip you up. Straight forward and want to know more about you.

Junior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MentorMate (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in July 2018.

Interview

Online application, quick phone conversation arranging the interview. I enquired about the what the discussion would be around in the interview as they did not require any experience and i had none. I was told to read up about the QA process. Researched the topics i could find(test cases, test plan, methodology and so on) and attended the interview. Really friendly both the HR person and the QA manager. Unfortunately, for not requiring any previous experience they did want a lot of it. I had question on how i would actually test log in pages, mobile apps, database questions and ideally programming experience.