Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

Autonomous Driving/Environment Perception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It flowed very well. They mainly are looking for students who are passionate and want to learn more about what they are all about vs a paycheck. There were a good amount of questions, but if you do your research, it tends to go by quickly.

Interview Questions

Interview

Totally 4 rounds
    Apti with tech but the tech core is a bit tough
    Around 16 were shortlisted for 1st round tech interview
    In first round they asked about favorite subjects, and in particular mainly on digital electronics. Also some very basic coding
    Only 5 could clear first round
    Then managerial round was mainly on resume and projects. Be clear with everything in your resume. Convince the interviewer with your views and approach
    All 5 were selected for last HR round
    Hr round will be tricky. You must be positive with your answers though they turn them to negative
    Finally only 2 were selected

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself in the interview process and concentrate on core part of your subject more and aptitude must be spontaneous.

Senior Program Manager/Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Summary - Attended no Interview

Detail Explanations -
    ---------------------------
    Since I reached late by 40 minutes and was on continued t-con from last 60 minutes with consultancy, MBRDI HR and Technical panelist that due to some unavoidable reason, I am getting late and would reach out there by around 30 minutes. Though it was my failure for being late but when I have told on my last call that I am making an entry at the main security gate and didn't allowed to go inside and was told that Panel is not available now.

While starting from my place, I requested to have the t-con mode based interview for now in the interest of time but that was declined but now I am coming back to my place, I got a call from the same HR stating to have a t-con based.

Guys, during the business day and business hours, if I have some urgency at my own and according been communicated to the right SPOC, if one can have the business not to allow enter inside and was told to go back, I think it was also fair dealing to not ask them to entertain with me for any kind of future connects, so I avoided to have any t-con as described above paragraph.

Kindly respond me on my overall actions taken TODAY... yes today only.

Thanks for the reading!!
    Cheers!

Interview Questions

• Q1 - "I don't think interview is possible now because Panel is not available now. So can you return please"?
      Q2 - "Can you attend t-con mode of interview please (was asked after two hours)"?
      Q3 - "Since we don't have any weekend process, can you attend a t-con based interview please"
      1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took almost one day and i got a call from the consultancy on 18th jan. Interview process is good and they mainly focussed on our previous work and asked questions on that

Consultant Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview : Technical , Manager, HR & with the HoD
    It was more of a conversation than a Q&A session.
    HR was willing to negotiate on salary etc.
    None of the interviews took more than an hour and all of them happened in a span of 3 weeks. The offer letter took another 3 weeks to come, which was the only minus point as I had to follow up with the HR

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation. I was asked to take them through my CV and they stopped me at certain places where they wanted to understand further what I had done   Answer Question

PAI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

4 Rounds. 2 Technical, 1 German counterpart, 1 HOD round. Technical round wasn't difficult to crack. Very simple questions and basic questions. Panelists and German counterpart (Technical Panelists) are not that much capable or competent to handle any highly technical guy. They do not seem to have technical skills. If you quote your answer with domain and you are in.
    HOD Round - I don't think they have a fit person to handle it. He simply asked about the aspiration, ctc and notice period.
    HR Discussion - It's a comedy, don't even fit to be eligible for comments in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Difference between JBoss Appserver Vs Websphere Application Server   Answer Question

Process Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I saw the Post in a professional network and then shared my CV.
    The next day I got call from HR followed by Telephonic Interview.
    It went about 20 mins and they said they will call If I am selected for the next round.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were 4 rounds , 3 So called Tech and 1 HR
    If you know 10% of your domain you will sail through the Tech Rounds , so you can understand the quality of people there and the manager said upfront that its a flat Organization so do not expect quick growth . :O But I thank him for his transparency :)

I found the so called Technical people with hell lot of experience (On Paper) were lacking basic knowledge of the domain but Good human being as they said the truth to me .

The most Laughable Part was HR Round

I was sitting in the lounge area , My contact person (So called HR with negative HR skills) collected my document verified the originals and I could not believe in an Open area (i.e.lounge) he started the salary negotiation . I was shocked . After failing to convince me with the their Poor Offering he brought his Manager who was better that the previous person ( I am still looking for a proper adjective to tag that 1st person) but still lacked the Required aptitude. (They will bore you to death with their silly questions )

And no matter what you have done in your career , no matter how complex algorithm you have written or you can write, as no one has the ability to understand that and they have only one answer to all your skills which is ( 30 to 35%)

Cafe is always filled people , So I believe the cubicles were empty ;) :P

They are Far from a Product based company and I found that in service based companies you will get to work on diverse things about which the poor employees of this company does not have any clue .

And At last , If they say your Interview is at 2 PM , it will never start at 2 or even 2.30 .... sit there in their interview area with no Phone ( they will keep all your stuffs also the phone as you are entering NASA) and wait for lifetime for the interviewer to come . It happened with all the other people waiting with me .

The worst Recruitment Team I have ever seen .

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions . if you are sound in your domain , you will have tough time to control your Laughter   Answer Question

Postgraduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Kharagpur (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially a written exam on core and aptitude was conducted and then i was shortlisted for an interview which was totally based on my CV at their i failed to answer to those question. They asked me about Finite element analysis, fluid mechanics questions, mostly basics of easy and moderate level type questions

Interview Questions

• What are gauss points? what's its importance?   Answer Question
    • difference between three noded element vs four noded elements ? where to use and which is preferred?   Answer Question

PHP Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very technical and to the point interview. They will ask about everything related to your previous work mentioned in resume. Justify your resume well to break through.Asked to write code on paper so better go prepared. First round was telephonic and quite simple. Second techie was what made me tumble. Panel will try to break through each of your mentioned skillset.