Merck KGaA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Director Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR screen, VP phone interview, 2 phone interviews with other strategy directors - None of the interviewers bothers to close the loop or respond for any feedback - poor disorganized unprofessional process!

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions : tell me a situation when ...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (New York, NY).

Interview

Very tiring. They asked me to prepare a ppt on the spot and present it. Two rounds of Interview. First was 1:1 and second was presentation round. I was given around 40 mins to prepare ppt and the material was given by them.

Interview Questions

• Grads, why should we hire you, strengths and weakness, failures of life and how I dealt with them, why you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Follow up rigidly for the joining and offer letter

Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview and hiring process

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Rockland, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you think that makes you suited for this position   Answer Question
    • Is there something that you regret?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

After completing an online assessment, which is about behavior assessment and not hard, I got a call to arrange an onsite interview. First interview with head of communication and then with HR. There were no tough technical questions, interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Base on your personal experience, what can you bring value to the department?
      What annoys you most at work?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Darmstadt (Germany)).

Interview

It was a very formal interview with experience level questions good enough for a junior position.
    The interview was arranged upon mutual time agreement and the HR was in contact throughout the process for any assistance related to interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of people will you engage during an event at the innovation center ?   1 Answer

Transformation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Darmstadt (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invite for an interview ca 6 weeks later. While looking for a time slot for an appointment I was in touch with kind of HR Service Center. I found this correspondence very impersonal (they never sign e-mail with a name). The people serving the contact were not decisive it terms of time and date. They needed to take time and speak to the interviewers to confirm. It felt like it took some time to make the appointment.
    On the day of the appointment, I had difficulties to enter the building, because there was no reception. During the first interview, line manager asked multiple times about my motivation like Why Merck? Why the role? After that, I had one interview with HR manager- again questions about the motivation. To sum up- I got a bad impression when it comes to respect and communication with the employees in the company. Also the workspaces where I met the interviewers looked like storage spaces rather than office space encouraging collaboration. Finally, I was not invited to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation to work for Merck and in this particular role?   Answer Question

Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very pleasant process. Telephone interview in the middle of the week and then a face to face interview with 4 people on the Friday. It was very relaxed and it didnt feel like i was being grilled for information, nor did they try to trip me up. Both interviews lasted around 30 minutes

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for a temporary job in customer service and order management, I was called for an interview after few days.
    The interview wasn't with HR but directly with project managers with whom I talked a lot in a quiet informal way.
    They asked me about my previous experience and about myself, my behavior in specific situation, my wishes and my fears.
    I didn't get the job but I really appreciated the company and the people I spoke with.

Communications Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Darmstadt (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved six 1:1 meetings for about three months. The Merck team involved was from HR recruiter to CMO and Global VP. The process was long. Some of the interviews were structured and run very professionally, some of them highly informal, with the manager talking for about 40 minutes before asking me any question!
    In the end they made me an offer and everything became highly unprofessional at that moment. The offer was 15% lower than what I asked during the interviews and they tried several times to negotiate it mentioning that I would get a performance bonus of 17% at the end of the year to compensate up to the amount I requested (the performance bonus yet was not guaranteed). Particularly the recruiter was highly unprofessional via mentioning at least 4 times in a call that "this is our last offer", "if you don't accept it, we will start recruiting as of the next day". Also, the recruiter refused to put the details of the offer in written justifying it by "what I am telling you by phone should be enough". When asked, the recruiter told me that the company does not have Intent Letters or written documents for making a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you left previous employers? What communications campaigns did you managed in the past? How would you do a communication campaign for this print ad (they showed me the ad)? How did you work with the agencies in the past? They asked me to ask them questions (particularly the top management).   Answer Question