Merck KGaA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck KGaA Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck KGaA

2.8

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

The interview was a complete disaster. This company and their HR department is incredibly sloppy. I did not receive the Interview Agenda until the Day BEFORE the interview after constantly asking to get it. The interview itself was run incredibly sloppily. The interview was 4 hours and it could have been done in 2. The first set of employees were not only late but also forgot they had an interview that day so they were completely unprepared. The duration of the interview consisted of us just sitting there waiting for the time to end because the employees were done asking there questions so they would have to wait like 30 min before the next scheduled employees came in to interview me. NONE of them were organized. I just want to let everyone know that this company shows a complete disregard for a candidates time and willingly wastes their time. I find the company doesn’t maintain a level of respect for a candidate and expects the candidate to be happy with just sitting around for FOUR hours during an interview when it could have been done in half that time. I literally took off of work for the interview and I regret losing money because this interview was ran so messily.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a difficult time with a co worker and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Burlington, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring process I have gone through. Went in for an in person interview and waited at least 5 weeks to hear back. A phone interview was set up with the hiring manager’s colleagues. After 2 weeks, I heard nothing and had to email the recruiter just to hear that the spot had been filled...poorly organized. Honestly glad I didn’t get the job after that experience

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Madison, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, basically just described this position and asked a few questions about yourself. Also your estimated salaries. They asked if there is any questions for them also. why you think this job can help your career path.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you received a negative feedback.   1 Answer

Director Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR screen, VP phone interview, 2 phone interviews with other strategy directors - None of the interviewers bothers to close the loop or respond for any feedback - poor disorganized unprofessional process!

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions : tell me a situation when ...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (New York, NY).

Interview

Very tiring. They asked me to prepare a ppt on the spot and present it. Two rounds of Interview. First was 1:1 and second was presentation round. I was given around 40 mins to prepare ppt and the material was given by them.

Interview Questions

• Grads, why should we hire you, strengths and weakness, failures of life and how I dealt with them, why you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Follow up rigidly for the joining and offer letter

Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview and hiring process

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Rockland, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you think that makes you suited for this position   1 Answer
    • Is there something that you regret?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2020.

Interview

Process was very structured but lengthy. Depends on what role you are in for, and depends on you. For me, I liked it as I am able to meet potential stakeholders and get their approval even before I start working.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your current skill set, and the job that you're currently doing adds value to the role you're applying for?   1 Answer

Merck KGaA Response

Feb 18, 2020 – Global Head of Employer Branding and Social Media Recruitment

Glad to see that we offered you a position. Welcome to Merck Group and thank you for your feedback.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a phone call about my suitability for the role which then followed an interview at their Stirling site. Followed up 3 weeks later for feedback where I was told another person was still being interviewed which is fair. Another week went by and I emailed again to ask for feedback on the role, as I had no communication from them.

It has now been 5 weeks since the interview where there has been no communication about whether or not I have been suitable for the job. I feel this is very unprofessional after I took the time to interview with them.

Interview Questions

Merck KGaA Response

Jan 30, 2020 – Global Head of Employer Branding and Social Media Recruitment

Thank you for sharing this, definitely not the experience that we want any candidate to have. I took your feedback to the team and I understand that they immediately contacted you by phone and updated you on your application. If you want to talk more please email me on chris.dinwiddy@merckgroup.com

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

HR, Direct Manager, test, GM, CFO, Regional Manager
    quick process in terms of interviews
    long process of interval approvals
    not the best level of qualification of HR specialists (not so friendly)
    quite easy interview process