Mercury Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Director, Business Development Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager with whom I had several calls with prior to setting up a half day of calls with various leaders within the company for additional interviews. All the interviews were extremely professional, each interviewer had carefully reviewed my resume and came prepared with specific questions on how I could help Mercury. It was obvious during the interview process that the Mercury leaders have a vision and are looking for the talent to help them execute. The level of industry knowledge and thought provoking questions was unlike any other interviews I was involved in. This is a company headed in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Many questions on my background and previous experience as well as my views of the A&D market and how best to help Mercury bring a new product into the US A&D market.   Answer Question

Senior Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very professional, starting with screening interview with HR, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager, phone interview with off-site employee. Very consistent messages from each person interviewed. It’s clear that the hiring manager and team are a hard-working, hard-driving group of individuals with an emphasis of mutual trust and respect. HR kept me updated at each step of the interview process, which I appreciated.

FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (West Caldwell, NJ).

Interview

It took over two hours with long breaks between interviewers. Everyone was nice, I think the position was new and they were unfamiliar with the responsibilities for the job because mostly they filled me in on the company and didn't ask me that many questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had in the role.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to meet Sr Executive. Interview focused on experience specific to the industry. Questions focused on understanding the level of involvement with experience on my resume and how I could contribute to the Mercury team. Follow on interview with 3 more executives prior to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave current employer and how do you anticipate contributing?   Answer Question

Technical Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems.

Interview

First off, let me say I was recommended to HR by a friend, so my experience may not be the norm.
    I started by emailing an HR representative for Mercury with my resume.
    HR responded quickly to my application and I immediately got a phone interview with a manager at the company.
    The interview was not technical, just asking about my resume and past experiences, the interviewer was clearly experienced and asked relevant questions.
    I was then invited to an on-site interview, where I went to Chelmsford and got to talk to multiple managers, a younger employee closer to my age, and an HR representative. The interviews again were not very technical, but they touched on many technical concepts. I did not have to answer any specific engineering "gotcha" questions and I was given plenty of time from each interviewer. I told them what area of engineering I was interested in and by the end of the day I was told I would be assigned to the manager that best fit my interests.
    Overall probably my #1 favorite interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences?
      What areas of engineering are you interested in?
      Resume driven questioning was also very common.
      Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to multiple engineers, and hiring manager, and the HR person. Lots of questions about what I had do on my resume. Technical questions included basic queries about how things work. Everyone was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does a file system work? How does virtualization work?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well and decisions was made quickly. The number of interviewers seemed excessive. Recruiter kept in touch during the process which is a nice chance from most companies. The fruit basket was a real class act.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a concern from an employee regarding their position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

They received my resume from a career fair I attended. HR contacted me through email and set up a screening call and from there a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on site interview which lasted about 4 hours. I met with five people and was asked mostly resume and experience questions and a couple technical questions, but was not asked to write code. Overall, it was an average interview but was a waste of time and could have been avoided. They should have made clear from the beginning what they were looking for in terms of qualifications.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

There are three round interviews. First round is a coding test. They will send you the question by email. You have 3 hours to finish the question. Second round is phone interview. They will ask you java basic questions. Third round is a Skype interview. They will check your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, design an algorithm in O(n) running time to find the character that appears more than half of the time in the string. If the character does not exist, output null.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. Half hour call, all behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a 2 hour interview, which was split into 8, 15-minute sessions with employees from the department I applied to. Similar to the phone screen, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions- a challenge you overcame, a team experience where not everyone did what was asked, etc.   Answer Question