Mercury Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercury Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screening, followed with about 3 hour technical interview so far. Month long process i am told.

I am still in the process, so ignore the "didnt get an offer".

Interview Questions

• Write a c program that does the opposite of atoi.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Andover, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on their online portal. I received a phone call from HR a few days later asking for an in person interview. I scheduled the interview for the next week. When i went to the interview, HR came and escorted me to a conference room where i interviewed with 5 people. The first two engineers were friendly and chatted about various things the job would entail. the third was a director who wanted to see if I would fit in the company culture. The fourth was my would be manager, and the last person was another engineer who asked me more technical questions but nothing too complicated

Interview Questions

• What's a universal gate?   1 Answer
    • What's the benefit of a static member function in OOP?   1 Answer

RF Test Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Camarillo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 people. One Supervisor and Two Lead Tech's. I felt from the minute I walked in I was treated with high respect. Felt comfortable within minutes of sitting down. REMEMBER: to bring your Passport or Birth Certificate. It is Required for a tour. If they are interested in you, and you don't have your Passport or Birth Certificate, you will be invited to return for the tour.
    The interview process will take approx. 45 minutes to an hour. Be prepared to answer some RF questions that are not easy. The Ohm's Law questions are super easy. First day Electronic school voltage divider, voltage drop and current questions in a series circuit.

Interview Questions

• A very short written test (about 3 or 4 questions). 2 or 3 Ohm's Law questions, (Very Easy). Series Circuit to solve current, voltage drops and a voltage divider question.
      1 RF question. Diagram with a 24dbm input through a coupler with a 3 Dbm loss. What is your output?
      Don't be over-concerned if you don't know the answer. They will help and explain.   1 Answer
    • Can you Gap Weld?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Cypress, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted about a month long. It first started with a phone screen with HR with questions about why I was interested in the job and a couple of technical questions. After the phone interview I was invited to an in-person interview where I interviewed one on one with 4 different people. This interview had a couple more technical questions and included answering two coding questions. The third and final interview was again in-person with 3 different one on one interviews, but did not have any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Take a string of letters and output them in reverse   1 Answer

Director, Business Development Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager with whom I had several calls with prior to setting up a half day of calls with various leaders within the company for additional interviews. All the interviews were extremely professional, each interviewer had carefully reviewed my resume and came prepared with specific questions on how I could help Mercury. It was obvious during the interview process that the Mercury leaders have a vision and are looking for the talent to help them execute. The level of industry knowledge and thought provoking questions was unlike any other interviews I was involved in. This is a company headed in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Many questions on my background and previous experience as well as my views of the A&D market and how best to help Mercury bring a new product into the US A&D market.   Answer Question

Senior Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very professional, starting with screening interview with HR, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager, phone interview with off-site employee. Very consistent messages from each person interviewed. It’s clear that the hiring manager and team are a hard-working, hard-driving group of individuals with an emphasis of mutual trust and respect. HR kept me updated at each step of the interview process, which I appreciated.

FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (West Caldwell, NJ).

Interview

It took over two hours with long breaks between interviewers. Everyone was nice, I think the position was new and they were unfamiliar with the responsibilities for the job because mostly they filled me in on the company and didn't ask me that many questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had in the role.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to meet Sr Executive. Interview focused on experience specific to the industry. Questions focused on understanding the level of involvement with experience on my resume and how I could contribute to the Mercury team. Follow on interview with 3 more executives prior to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave current employer and how do you anticipate contributing?   Answer Question

Technical Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems.

Interview

First off, let me say I was recommended to HR by a friend, so my experience may not be the norm.
    I started by emailing an HR representative for Mercury with my resume.
    HR responded quickly to my application and I immediately got a phone interview with a manager at the company.
    The interview was not technical, just asking about my resume and past experiences, the interviewer was clearly experienced and asked relevant questions.
    I was then invited to an on-site interview, where I went to Chelmsford and got to talk to multiple managers, a younger employee closer to my age, and an HR representative. The interviews again were not very technical, but they touched on many technical concepts. I did not have to answer any specific engineering "gotcha" questions and I was given plenty of time from each interviewer. I told them what area of engineering I was interested in and by the end of the day I was told I would be assigned to the manager that best fit my interests.
    Overall probably my #1 favorite interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences?
      What areas of engineering are you interested in?
      Resume driven questioning was also very common.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to multiple engineers, and hiring manager, and the HR person. Lots of questions about what I had do on my resume. Technical questions included basic queries about how things work. Everyone was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does a file system work? How does virtualization work?   Answer Question