Mercury Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mercury Systems

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercury Systems.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined and execution was clockwork. Right from setting up the first call, followup on-campus interviews to acceptance was very well managed and its a great experience for anyone planning to switch jobs. By the end of the process, I felt even more willing to join this company than what I felt while applying.

Interview Questions

• They evaluated how well I fit into the management's vision. Interviews were conducted by hiring manager, peers and others I would be working with and all of them asked questions related to Mercury's long term vision and what I've done in the past as it relates to that road-map.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems.

Interview

First class process - Excellent communications and follow-up by talent attraction personnel (Jennifer), and expedited process.
    Screening by the talent personnel, followed by a panel interview by site leader and SME from the site.
    Mercury required a specific experience and knowledge for this position which lead to no offer made.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, including work history, education, and knowledge   Answer Question

Assembly Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied online then called directly. Jennifer Mcewen assisted me up until the interview, then again through the onboarding process, helping to make everything very straight forward and clear. The interview was with a manager, asking mostly about my past experience and current ambitions, and describing what the position would entail

Interview Questions

• Questions generally involved past experience and current ambitions   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Tempe, AZ) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was great. My recruiter, Jennifer McEwen, was great to work with. She was timely in all correspondence and answered all my questions very clearly. The interview process was done over the phone in three different phone conversations over the course of about 3 weeks. Each interview lasted about an hour.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in April 2020.

Interview

I only made it through the phone screen. The person a spoke to was so energetic and excited about Mercury it’s infectious. It makes you as a potential candidate excited to be part of something great.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2020.

Interview

Jennifer from HR reached out to me through Indeed. I replied and we talked on the phone the same day. She set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager later that afternoon due to his upcoming travel plans. That led to an onsite panel interview with 3 people a week or so later. About a week after that I spoke to the Sr. Director because the VP was not available. This had to be over the phone due to the Covid-19 scare. I accepted their offer 6 days later. Jennifer did an amazing job of being responsive and kind, as well as keeping the process moving despite the chaos related to the virus. Everyone else was very professional as well.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems in February 2020.

Interview

My interview was a 30 minute phone screen with a mechanical engineer. He first went over my resume and asked my about my past experiences. I then walked him through my design portfolio and answered any questions he had

Interview Questions

• What is one problem with this design that you encountered   Answer Question

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Andover, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

What a great candidate experience! Mercury Systems "gets it". The interview process was well organized, clear, fair, and an overall positive experience. I was inspired by the passion of their teams...a collaborative, world class culture.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview had three rounds, first round was about algorithm, if you learned algorithm in the school or solved easy in the leetcode, it shouldn't be a problem.
    the second was a technologies part which basically was the hard one, you did have to understand core java.

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Cypress, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter the very next day to set up a 30-minute phone screening with him. I did the phone screening with the recruiter two days later and it was very easy and straight forward. He gave me info on the job and asked me simple questions, such as how I feel about working on a team and what salary I would want. After the phone screening was over, the recruiter called me back a few hours later to schedule a second 30-minute phone screening (this time with two people: Mercury Systems's Expert Systems Architect Engineer and Principle Software Engineer). I did the second phone screening four days later and it was also pretty straight forward. I mainly discussed my project and programming experience (wasn't asked any technical questions). I was asked questions relating to what programs I'm most comfortable using, my experience programming with GUI, my experience using Linux, whether I enjoyed working on front-end or back-end stuff more, and challenges that I overcame during the process of completing projects (both on and not on my resume).

Exactly one week later, the recruiter from before called me to schedule an on-site interview (the last stage of the interview process). The onsite interview was held the following week (8 days later) in a nice conference room with comfortable office chairs where two 30-minute interview sessions were conducted. For the first 30-minute session, I got to meet the same two people that I had spoken with during the second phone screening. I did well on questions that involved talking about past projects, such as how I was asked to describe a project outside of school that I worked on where I had to learn a new skill and did so successfully. I started to falter when asked more technical questions, specifically relating to data structures since I was rusty in that field. The session ended with a white board question where I had to write a C++ program that takes an array where every integer occurs twice except one integer and outputs that one non-repeated integer. I tried using a for loop but was unable to figure out how to properly utilize it (partly due to myself being nervous). They tried giving me hints to solve it telling me to use a stack, but as I said before, I was rusty with data structures, so I ended up not making much progress. I eventually had to give up in order to move on to a second 30-minute interview session with two new people (a Principle Software Engineer and a Software Engineer I). This second session went much better than the first session partly due to most of the technical questions relating to object-oriented programming (such as how I was asked to define polymorphism, virtual functions, and abstract classes), which I was more experienced in using. This second session also ended with a white board question, except I was able to easily solve this one; I was asked to write a C++ program that reverses a string. The end of this second session concluded the on-site interview. Three days later, I unfortunately received my rejection email from Mercury Systems.

Pretty fast and efficient interview process overall. I wish during the onsite interview I had done a better job at answering the data structure technical questions and first white board question because I believe that ended up making the difference in me not being hired.

Interview Questions

• Write a C++ program that finds the integer that appears once in an array where every other integer appears twice.   1 Answer