Mercy Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercy Health System Interview Questions

2.8

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Phila, PA).

Interview

I was met at the front door waiting area. taken to HR. Filled out paperwork. met briefly with the recruiter. Was taken to the therapy department. The interview was very Complete. Interviewers were very nice and friendly. I met with three clinical staff members. It felt more like a conversation. They were very honest.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important things to focus on when running a hospital department?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just gave a salary number. Not much to negotiate.

Podiatrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Janesville, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Site Visits, HR, Leadership Discussion. Very relaxed overview of health system and facility tours meet with staff a lunch. Easy going people. Process was simple the clinics and hospital are in rural locations so city people may not be able to handle living in the area. Driving is required in these communities and in between hospitals and clinics.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was long process. When i first met with them I did a test so that they could see what internship would be a best fit. When I entered into my department, I interviewed with the head manager. Lastly, I went to orientation with everyone that was selected.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

Manager and another nurse interviewed me together at the clinic, it was only one interview, they decided the following week to offer the job. It was pretty laid back, they were very nice and took me around the clinic to meet the staff

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in your past employer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Emergency Room Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. There was a phone screening to ask the qualifying questions and I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1. During the 1 on 1 I was first interviewed by someone in HR and afterwards I interviewed with the supervisor of the ER. The questions were straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came across an irate patient and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy Health System.

Interview

Short Process. I had two interviews with Finance Department after speaking with Human Resources. They were up front about the salary and the responsibilities. The process was very smooth. Overall from application to offer lasted about a month.

Reception Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy Health System in April 2014.

Interview

I had no issues with the interview process. The company is just really hard to get into. It took me over 4 years of applying to actually get a call. I think the only thing that got me the interview was that I had a good reference.

Patient Registration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Blue Ash, OH).

Interview

Mercy has a few different steps in an interview. They first or second (for some) will have a phone interview and screening. Secondly, they will have a face to face interview. Third, they will do a peer interview/panel. This may be someone from another section in the hospital, management, and they may not even know what you do when you work/how you do your job. Finally, they may or may not offer you the job. For me, I got a call three months later that I got the job. Remember to be patient and get a hold of someone's business card (whether it be HR or the person that interviewed you). Don't give in and assume that you didn't get it, keep pestering them about whether or not a final decision was made.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company and how would patients notice that I brought it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't too much of a negotiation phase. It was either I wanted the job, or not.

RN for Interventional Radiology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy Health System (Norristown, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and staff member together. Spent most of the time explaining their department. Wanted to know how I would handle a physician yelling at me during a case. Also wanted to know how I would deal with a peer that had a conflict with me or I had with them. Toured the department, the ICU, met several of the physicians that worked there. Was told they had several more candidates to interview and would make decision in about 2-3 wks. I called HR in about 3+ wks to see if they had made a decision or filled the position. She didn't know! She was the Head of HR, she said she would check with the manager and have her get in touch with me. She didn't. I e-mailed the manager to see where things stood and if she needed anything else, never heard back. Very unprofessional and lacked "class." Wouldn't work for that organization or recommend it.

Interview Questions

• HR representative wanted to know what problematic situations I had in the past with either staff, physicians, patients, or families   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercy Health System.

Interview

Interviewed by HR for another position, interviewed in that department on the same day, but had to wait 2 hours for 2nd manager to interview with. Not upset about that...a busy unit and we (RN's) know there are just days like that! Before I accepted that units job offer, HR suggested I would be a good fit for the research position. I ended up having an HR interview, then an interview by the manager in the research department, then interviewed by the research medical director. Was shown around the office and figured the position was mine. The interviews were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness...
      Give an example of when you made a dramatic difference in your last position: a bit difficult to be humble and toot your own horn.   Answer Question