Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

first there was a coffee meeting with hiring manager. Then interview in the company with meeting the team and presenting to the groups. There was individual meeting time with major team members and lunch with director of research.

Interview Questions

• You have strong academic background, why do you want to come to industry?   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Full day of interviews with the cross functional team which included meeting with the VP of clinical operations, peer interviews with other clinical trial managers, biomarker scientist, senior scientist, bench scientist, project lead and HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what a normal day's work activities look for you?   Answer Question

Oncology Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiting company. Then it took several weeks to interview with the hiring manager due to his travel schedule. I never received a follow up phoe call or mail telling me that they had decided to move forward with another candidate. I think that if you decide not to make an offer, you should have the courtesy to tell tham that you are not interested.

Interview Questions

• In 5 minutes or less tell me about your work history and what led you to interview for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Day long process (10:30am to 4:45pm). Started by meeting with many team members in pairs, for about 30 minutes each. Had an hour lunch break with the manager. Then met with a few more team members, followed by a 30 minute call with an HR rep, and a 30 minute meeting with the department head. Concluded with a tour of the lab facilities. Everyone was very friendly and engaging. Some questions were tougher than others, but overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by multiple people to give a run down of my career and experience.

Also other questions like:
      What do you think is the direction this industry is headed in? What do you think will be the next big advancements?
      Why are you willing to leave your current company?

There will also some behavioral questions from HR.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewd by Senior scientist and Principal Scientist, the interview went well and they said I did performed good and will take next step to HR and will touch base with me. I was very happy hoping i will get hired, 5 weeks over, no update. I tried to call them back and they said , at this point they are not moving with my application.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview with two managers. They were very nice and glad to tell me about tasks I will be worked on. It was not difficult as a whole.

Interview Questions

• They first gave an Introduction about the position, asked questions like: Tell me about any internships about operations?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

In total 3 interviews: phone screening, team meeting and final HR interview.Very detail oriented. Practical questions, case studies. HR interview was kind of a confirmation that they are going to hire me.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Bad weather the morning of the interview complicated things but the HR rep was accommodating and seemed to work hard to ensure things went smoothly. Spent a good deal of time on personality questions. I believe the company places a premium on teamwork and fostering a positive work place. Met with HR rep and 4 scientists for about 3hr total.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions about some laboratory techniques...ie what was manufacturer of certain equipment, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager (HM) directly contacted me and scheduled a phone interview, that went smoothly. I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the HM, HR and several group members 2 weeks later - it was including a presentation. While I thought I did good at the time, everybody was extremely nice and I would have been honored to work with them, I had a "strange" feeling when I met the HM, as if he wasn't really interested in my presence there. In retrospect, I believe they had already indentified their top choice.

That said, I have to admit that at the time, I did not read any "how to interview" book, and was coming straight from academia - and well, it was showing; I was unaware of many of the presently accepted Interview Rules. Best thing one can do is go buy a book on how to interview, especially if you're coming out of Academia.

The interview questions were heavily behavioral, like "Tell me about a time when you ... ". The "rule" is that you should answer in <90s :).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficulty with a project and you couldn't find a solution.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about time when you had difficulty with a colleague.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail message from the hiring manager directly, who set up a phone interview a few days later. The interview was quite long (~1hr), and seemed to go smoothly, the hiring manager was a nice person. He said he was happy woth my phone interview, but because they were at the begining of the interview process, I shall hear back about scheduling an on-site interview in 3-4 weeks. only. I did not, therefore I contacted him again to see if I was still considered for an on-site interview. I never received an answer back. That position disappeared but then has recently been reposted. I have to say that I would have appreciated a simple "the position is no longer available" reply instead of no reply at all.