Methodist Healthcare System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Methodist Healthcare System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.5

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System.

Interview

They called me right away after I applied for the job and we set up an interview. I initially had an interview with one of the managers and it was pretty relaxed, low stress, typical questions. Then there was an interview with about 4 or 5 of the other nurses where they asked some questions. Also pretty low stress and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle the workload with several different patients and admissions/discharges possibly happening all at once?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

spoke to unit manager by phone and was for.er employee with good standing. promised a chance to go through process to have peer interviews but was sandbagged due to personal reasons of manager.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview with key department figures one-on-one. The interview are casual where it seems like the interviewers attempt to get to know the applicant on a more personal level without being unprofessional whatsoever. Online application must be completed prior and supplementary video introduction is required as part of application process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via the online job posted, was contacted via email and phone for interview, and interviewed with a panel of the director of nursing, nurse manager, and nurse educator. They were exceptionally kind, genuine people. I have high regard for the patient care they provide.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter asking basic questions and screening. From there I was selected to have a call with my potential boss who asked some more specific questions just about my experience. After, the recruiter contacted me to set up the in person interview which was panel style. This interview was a 1/2 day long with all the people I was to interact with (these interviews could include directors, executive leaders, potential peers, etc.). It is mostly pretty conversational questions just wanting to know more about you as a person and a couple of 'convince me' and situational type questions. After I was made an offer contingent on drug test and background check which was all fine and was asked to start in 2 weeks. If your position is highly needed or they have had difficulty finding good candidates the process will be extremely fast. I believe I was originally contacted by the recruiter a day or two after I submitted my application and the whole process took around a week or maybe a little longer before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Convince me that you are looking for a long-term position opposed to career advancement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but should have. Ask for every dollar upfront and don't be afraid that they can't/won't go that high even if you current/past salary doesn't call for it. There are salary caps but they are willing to work with you if they made an offer. Plus once you get in the door, if you are a strong performer you will be asked to do much more and there are any raises.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a call from Nursing Recruiter who asked a couple of screening questions. Set up an interview for me two days later at 11:30am "to knock it out before lunch" were his words. I showed up at HR dept. at 11:20 and the recept. asked who I was there to see. I told her the name of the recruiter and she said "Oh, he's an offsite recruiter. Whose name did he give you?" He hadn't given me any other name, so she was trying her best to find someone, then the DON walked in looking for an applicant, so thank goodness. I interviewed with her, went great. Then I did a peer interview with another Unit Clerk, went great. After I came out, the DON smiled and said, "Well that's a yes from me!". She said there was one more step, which was a brief psychiatric online meeting and I said "Great". After ten minutes she said that they were having some technical difficulty. I asked her about how long it would be because I would be needing to get back to my current job. I explained how the recruiter told me to come in at 11:30 so we could "knock this out before lunch", so I was anticipating a quick HR interview - he said nothing of interviewing on the floor with the staff. I had told him I worked 30 minutes from the interview and I would be taking off 2 hours for my lunch that day. Now I had been there for 1-1/2 hours. She said I could come back to finish. I told her that I would be available anytime that afternoon (after work) or the next day. I never heard a word. I sent an email to the recruiter the next week and never got a response.

About two weeks later I had another screener email me regarding a different Unit Clerk position I applied for. I emailed her back that I was definitely interested but I just wanted to let her know that I that I was in the process of applying for the first position, but I just hadn't heard anything yet. I gave her the gentlemen screeners name and said that I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a conflict. I never heard back from her.

About a month later I got another email from the 2nd screener regarding another position. I didn't say anything about the previous encounters and I was able to schedule a phone interview with her. She asked the screening questions and proceeded to set up an interview with the DON. I asked her if the DON was available late afternoons or on the weekend as I was currently working 8-5, and she said "No, but I can schedule you a phone interview for tomorrow at the same time. If it goes well then you can work out an interview time with her." That was great! (After my last experiences I just couldn't afford to take another 2-3 hours from work for every interview that came up, unless I knew that they were serious). So the next day I waited for the DON to call. No Call. About 25 minutes after she was to call, I called the screener and got her VM. I left a msg stating that I hadn't heard from the DON and I'm sure that she was probably very busy, so to just let me know when it would be rescheduled. I never heard anything.

So, I'm really disappointed in their hiring process. I have family who have been going Methodist for regular pulmonary treatments and have always been impressed with the staff. I spent two years down on the south side of town gaining experience and I was really looking forward to hopefully getting my foot in the door at Methodist, which is also much closer to my home. I have no idea what happened with the very first interview, which had gone extremely well. In the end I think that there are serious issues with these HR Screeners as they knew that I was currently working and had to drive 30+ minutes each way to interview, but neither prepared me or gave me a timeframe for the interview. If I had known the first interview was going to be so involved, I would have taken the afternoon off from my job - it would not have been a problem. But since the recruiter said, "Let's do it at 11:30 so we can knock it out before lunch" was does that imply? I thought I was meeting with him for a brief HR interview, maybe an hour or so.

Also, their Career web site is a joke. Supposedly they are supposed to update your status as you are going through the process. The only job that they updated, of the three that I was called about, was the first screener inputting his original email to me for the screening call. Nothing about the interview attended, nothing further.

Interview Questions

• The peer-to-peer questions were very typical "customer service" type questions.

How do you handle confrontational people?
      Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult co-worker...
      Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System.

Interview

Had job when I came for interview, friend at told manager to look out for me and she did it was practally a done deal escorted around facility, meet staff and md went into office to discuss schedule and salary. Was all very quick

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview itself was relaxed. No over the top tension. Interview with Nurse Administrator, then peer interview with RN and PCA. It was clear I got the job the same day but was contacted by HR two days later. It took 5 days to be contacted by HR after submitting application online. Called and scheduled interview for that week.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Methodist is one of those companies that you don't get into unless you know someone. The entire process took over a month from application to start date. The interview process was short, but the wait time was long.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your patient broke down in front of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare System (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is easy with the computer based application. The interview process is peer based and helpful for a better outlook on what the job duties will entail. Interview is about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to work for the company?   1 Answer