MetroHealth System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Internist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Dinner meeting, convenient time. Later site tour and discussion with other providers. Reviewed package offered. Had opportunity to assess different locations. All questions answered. Pleasant all around. Growth of Metro is allowing for more practice opportunities around Cleveland. Seems to have a structure to grow primary care. Expected more administrative responsibilities, but these were left to others in the administration pool.

Interview Questions

• Questions about expectations, willingness to have hospital system administration guide practice.   1 Answer

Business Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a grilling. The purpose of the interview was entirely for the purpose of allowing the company to see if the candidate was good enough for them without contemplating whether the candidate might have had any reservations about working for the company. I did poorly enough during the interview that I was not expecting an offer. But I felt steamrolled enough that even if an offer had been forthcoming, I would have declined.

Specialist Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Several interviews, on multiple days, in multiple locations. The interviews often appeared informal and not standardized, leaving one to wonder how they were comparing candidates. Promises of next steps that didn't happen when they were supposed to. No follow up between interviews unless you prompt them to give you a status update.

Interview Questions

• Do you get frustrated when you don't get your way, or things take a long time to get resolved?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with HR over the phone, and then they set me up with 2 nurse managers to interview with from different floors. The interview with HR was easy. One nurse manager was very easy to interview with also, and mainly just spoke about the position. The other one asked more difficult questions. I was offered a position on both floors. Getting HR to review my application was a very long process. They are not very good at responding/on top of their work. That was the hardest part of the whole process.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with HR then with unit manager. They always have you shadow. Often, the staff has just as much say as the unit manager. There is a background check and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question
    • What is magnet and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did y handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult co-worker and how you deadly with them at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a successful team experience/group project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System in July 2014.

Interview

the process took about 4 months all together and was a litlle backwards. I met with the unit manager first, then about a month and a half later i met with human resources... from there it took about 3 weeks to start working. They are union so they had a description of all benefits, and the pay was already decided based on a pay grade set by the union. The staff all seemed so friendly and made me feel comfortable, and less nervous.

Interview Questions

• The unit manager asked questions pertaining to the job description, such as how to obtain vitals and what were the norms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really negotiable. Based on experience and is union

Behavioral Observer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted application and heard for an interview within 1 week. Interview was a two step interview, first step was with HR and the second step was with the nursing manager. After the interview got a call back after a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract was already established, rates and days expected to work were fair.

Medical Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Normal process. Received a call went in on the day selected and started the interview. I was interviewed by three different people and shown around the facility and introduced to various people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Director, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Metro is known for its critical care and apparently crisis mode is how they function. The director and VP were looking for work and resigned within two months of one another. I was invited to interview by the VP. At the second interview, did not see her; instead, interviewed with another VP who told me the interview process has been suspended. WHY AM I SITTING HERE? HR did not know this decision was made and shortly after meeting with the VP, HR was making me an offer--YIKES. They are now posting the position again. God bless whoever decides to work there. Be prepared for crisis.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

You meet with all the department heads for the interview for 30 minutes. The interviews will ask about previous jobs and why did you leave. Why should we hire you? What qualifies you for this job? What would your last supervisor say about your work performance?