MetroHealth System Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

4.3
MetroHealth System President & CEO Dr. Akram Boutros
Dr. Akram Boutros
Pros
  • "Good benefits and pay increases(in 17 reviews)

• "amp; good work ethic & that will reap great benefits not only for you but the patient, their family & your team as well(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "MetroHealth does not have an up to date main campus (yet(in 7 reviews)

• "Very short staffed and management doesn't care(in 7 reviews)

1. "Supportive team & fulfilling work"

Current Employee - Video Storyteller

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined MetroHealth a few weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic began to rock our community. In a time of great uncertainty, I watched my colleagues jump to contribute in whatever way possible. It's an incredibly supportive environment - with colleagues always asking, "how can I help?" Outside of my department, I've been impressed with the passion and mission-driven sense of work ethic from caregivers and support staff. The people here truly care about helping others - whether that's during a pandemic or during routine check ups. I've found myself wondering how I can be a better human - and I think that's a testament to the great work and incredible people I've met over the past few months. I'm proud to work for this organization.

Cons

I haven't found any downsides to working here.

MetroHealth System2020-05-28
  2. "BEST Hospital to work for!"

Current Employee - Social Work Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything! I joined the Metro Team 8 months ago, and it immediately felt like home. I know this is the place I will grow and retire from. I have never had such amazing work/life balance, team members, benefits, pay, and friendships. Most importantly my managers see my worth and tell me how much they appreciate me. This work environment is something I have never experienced before, and I am so very grateful.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

MetroHealth System2020-05-28
  3. "It's all about our patients and our community!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at MetroHealth for over 30 years and it is all about our patients. We are here to give world-class care to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. It is an excellent place to work for Advanced Practice Providers . We have had nurse practitioners at Metro for more than 40 years and encourage the highest level of scope and practice. Our CEO is passionate about our community and giving more than just health care to all. He is an innovator with a vision and heart for people.

Cons

I have seen no organization that is perfect but we keep trying to be the best for everyone, patients and staff alike.

MetroHealth System2020-05-21
  4. "Mission-driven Academic Health Center"

Current Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Passionate, medical staff dedicated to caring for all and helping to train future generation of health providers. Faculty include national leaders in their fields. Psychologists are highly valued members of the medical staff and enjoy parity with physicians. Metro finds ways to care for patients in need. The benefits (especially retirement system) are excellent.

Cons

Metro competes with other health care systems in the region who have greater financial resources and budgets. I often wish we had more of a financial cushion to support our good work.

MetroHealth System2020-05-18
  5. "They don't just have a mission, they live it out"

Current Employee - Media Relations Specialist in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the team work here! Every employee in my department works to help someone else, whether it's internal or external. There's no shortage of help, either. I started one month ago and everyone makes you feel like you've been there for years. Supportive, not awkward to the "new girl" and very helpful. Plus, the community outreach is great! During the COVID-19 pandemic, it's been amazing to see how everyone has pulled together to take care of people in need. New programs are being created and old programs are being revamped t to serve the community. I'm happy to be part of this team.

Cons

I haven't been there long enough to find the downsides yet!

MetroHealth System2020-05-14
  6. "Most Amazing Organization"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at The MetroHealth System for 12 years and I cannot have ever imagined working for such an amazing organization. From the first day I began working and to this day, I can easily say the is the BEST! Since we have had a national emergency with COVID19, The MetroHealth System has stepped up in every way possible to make sure that the workers and backbone of the organization is protected. We have had, and still have, the proper COVID19 precautions; PPE, organization support, training and daily updates from the organization. Our leader, Dr. Boutros, has been amazing and supportive, proactive and has transformed our mission and our community. I believe that there is no other organization that could stand up next to The MetroHealth System. Our organization has responded to the COVID19 pandemic exceptionally and has allocated proper PPE to every single employee and has dedicated COVID units so that our community doesn't suffer and neither will the employees. The MetroHealth System is simply the best!!

Cons

I do not see there being any cons to working for The MetroHealth System.

MetroHealth System2020-05-12
  7. "Great organization to work with that is doing wonderful work in the community."

Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MetroHealth System

Pros

Great benefits, great starting pay

Cons

Risk of burn out d/t patient ratio and compassion fatigue. That will be many nursing roles.

MetroHealth System2020-05-13
  8. "Value employees"

Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having worked at 3 different hospitals in Cleveland, I can honestly say that working at MetroHealth has been the most fulfilling and enjoyable hospital environment in which I have worked. The stated mission and vision of the System is well aligned among leadership, physicians, nurses, and support staff. There is an unusual degree of transparency for an institution of this size. The commitment to improving the health of our patients and community is real, and is felt and seen on a daily basis. We work hard but feel appreciated for it, by leadership, co-workers, and patients.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to balance all the competing needs.

MetroHealth System2020-05-06
  9. "Serves All and Values Employees"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The inter-professional collaboration and teamwork is phenomenal! Nurses have a voice and are valued members of the health care team. There are many professional development opportunities to encourage lifelong learning and professional growth and advancement of nurses throughout the system. As a system, we have the unique opportunity to serve and meet the needs of our community.

Cons

We don't get as much recognition for all of the great things we do in serving others.

MetroHealth System2020-05-15
  10. "MetroHealth: A Leader in Public Health"

4.0
    Current Employee - Physician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Visionary hospital system, mission driven, diverse and friendly workplace, growth opportunities, employee benefits

Cons

Further investments are needed in basic science research

MetroHealth System2020-05-15