MetroHealth System Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 169 reviews

4.1
MetroHealth System CEO Dr. Akram Boutros
Dr. Akram Boutros
Pros
  • "Kind people, good benefits, organization does excellent work in the community(in 15 reviews)

• "Friendly, diverse staff and great benefits(in 15 reviews)

1. Great place to work

Former Employee - ER Staff in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at MetroHealth System part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Teamwork was fantastic! All did well to work together.

Cons

I really don't think there were any.

2. Great Place to Work

• Overall
    Current Employee - Director, Culture and Organizational Effectiveness in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, supportive staff, and mission driven

Cons

Nothing to note at this time

3. MetroHealth is a special place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The staff are smart, dedicated to helping others, and want to do a good job. The corporate culture supports Team STEPPS and lives its mission of helping others (not just focusing on the financial line).

Cons

Very antiquated HR practices. CEO has tendency to be self-centered, rude to women, and make decisions emotionally without consideration of others' feelings. There is zero tolerance for telecommuting even once/week, and raises are non-existent which makes reviews ineffective.

Advice to Management

Show respect for your employees by LISTENING to innovative ideas rather than just dismissing them out of hand. High performers have suggestions that should be honored and at least tried rather than just being dismissed because "if we did it for one person we'd have to do it for everyone." Telecommuting is not some newfangled idea that hasn't been proven to be effective. Of course it's not right for everyone, but for many...

4. An Amazing Blend of Love, Compassion and Community

• Overall
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President, Chief Diversity and Human Resources Officer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than a year

Pros

At MetroHealth, one of the first things that people notice upon entering a facility is that employees (regardless of position, department or title) genuinely care about making a difference in the lives of their patients and the community at large. I’ve had countless visitors say to me that they “feel something different” when they arrive and “this place is special” when they exit. While it is a dynamic, fast paced environment,...

Cons

While no organization is perfect and no organization ever will be, it is very apparent that the senior leadership team is committed to not settling for mediocrity.

5. MetroHealth is a great place to work

Current Employee - Fellow in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, diverse staff and great benefits. It has all of the resources and opportunities of a large academic center, but has the feel of a community hospital.

Cons

The patients can sometimes be difficult to deal with.

Diversity and Inclusion a priority

• Overall
    Current Employee - Director, Individual Giving in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

MetroHealth staff reflects the people we serve - a diverse group of committed individuals who care about those who need health services. Hiring, training, recruitment, disciplinary actions are all handled at a very professional level. You have to care about the mission to work here but if you do, you will see that you are doing meaningful work to improve the lives of those who live in Greater Cleveland.

Cons

Change takes time - facilities are not in great shape but to repair things might take a bit. things 'move up and down' the food chain slowly. With some folks off campus now, they are not able to access all the benefits of main campus. Very few federal days off - but we are a hospital, after all.

Advice to Management

Continue to think about the 'little ways' you can shine the light on folks doing a good job......not just 'daisy awards for nurses' but other employees. Hot cocoa on a freezing cold day is great - how about having that for the 500+ folks that work in Brooklyn Heights?

7. Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Personable staff Easy parking Good benefits

Cons

Raise cap off Difficult patient population

8. The Great and Not So Great

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The CEO that came on a few years back, Dr. Butros, is absolutely fantastic. Visits the floors, very personable with staff, patients and visitors. When he first started here he greeted people in front lobby, brought coffee and papers to the patients. His staff comes and checks on patients. He also thanks the staff. New garage helps with parking.

Cons

Even though Metro is trying to help employees who are being harassed, bullied and dealing with a hostile working environment, the fact that those doing the harassment have friends and coworkers who will also back their dishonest behavior. This doesn't allow the policy meant to help employees, actually get put to work . We are afraid of losing our job if we speak up. No one will believe us. We go back to the same environment...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with trying to make this a safer work environment for all. The education we get is excellent. Please take work place harassment seriously, and listen carefully to all sides without prejudice due to friendship or position held.

9. Primed for growth; excellent place to be in healthcare

Current Employee - Strategist

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time

Pros

Market-leading benefits and compensation *True* commitment to mission and community health Stellar leadership team Collaborative and inclusive working style Bias toward taking action and progress

Cons

Under-resourced support form IS/IT Limited data/analytical capabilities

10. Busy!

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MetroHealth System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to learn and excellent source for customer service skills.

Cons

Dealing with pushy sick people.

Found 169 reviews