MetroHealth System Reviews | Glassdoor

MetroHealth System President & CEO Dr. Akram Boutros
Dr. Akram Boutros

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Very short staffed and management doesn't care" (in 7 reviews)

• "Patient population can leave be a bit rough" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The MetroHealth System is a great place to work for many reasons. The most important element to me is the people I get the opportunity to work for and with. They are kind, intelligent, creative, and passionate about what they do. Across all levels, I get a sense of community, belonging, and genuine caring that is refreshing. NorthCoast99 winner.

Cons

Working towards more flexibility for employees, but remote work is not fully embraced yet.

Advice to Management

For areas where remote work makes sense, allow employees to work from home 1-2 days a week. Trust your high performing employees and measure value by productivity versus office time.

2. "The people make this THE place to work"

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time

Pros

Employees are committed to MetroHealth. A very friendly, welcoming atmosphere - lots of smiles.

Cons

A bit spread out, as some employees work in separate offices and must drive to main campus multiple times a week.

3. "Police Officer"

Current Employee - Police Offcer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Police Offcer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been treated with respect since my first day on May 7th. Albeit I'm in excellent physical condition, I am, let's just say, a little more mature than most new officers in my profession. The fact that I was offered an opportunity to serve our patients and staff says a lot. Metro recognized my life long experience and gave me an opportunity.

I have worked at main campus and experienced three satellite locations. Each place, my co-workers from every level of service have shown me deference and admiration, and have come to me for advice to resolve issues regardless of my entry level experience. Everyone has made me feel and know I made the right choice to accept my position.

I have not yet met a person who hasn't greeted me with a smile. A few times I needed to visit the main campus, prior to knowing the layout. I was off duty and didn't have my badge displayed. I apparently looked lost, and, our people were outgoing to ask me if I was lost, and escorted me to the proper area.

This is the same every location I have worked or visited. What magic do you possess to instill this caring attitude in thousands of people? My answer! This welcoming, warm, and open arms attitude emanates from the top and trickles down. Please continue what you are doing! This positive attitude has reached every level of employee.

Keep up the good work.

Cons

I seriously have no complaints or suggestions of improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. I rarely speak to patients unless necessary, other than a friendly greeting. Our patients are satisfied and seem positive about their experience here. I fact, I needed a new doctor myself, and recently was on the patient side. I was extremely satisfied with my new NP at the Westgate office, and all support staff.

4. "MetroHealth Best in Class Employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the moment you start your career at MetroHealth you feel part of something life changing. You quickly learn about the heroes that you work with, the life changing moments, the passion and compassion, the care and soul of the organization. This isn't just a job. You have become a part of a community of educators, caregivers, lifesavers, community advocates, counselors, coaches, mentors ....people that make an impact every day.

Cons

We need to be innovative in attracting the millenial workforce.

Advice to Management

The leadership of MetroHealth is truly best in class and strives for excellence everyday. Whether you are in the operating room or the board room, whether you are delivering good news or bad, the emphasis is on people and exceeding expectations.

5. "Business"

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time

Pros

Great environment to work and learn

Cons

MetroHealth is great. I have no cons

Advice to Management

There are none

6. "Supervisor"

I worked at MetroHealth System full-time

Pros

The benefits are good. The physicians care a lot about their patients.

Cons

Administration is very disconnected. They were not supportive of staff, supervisors or managers. Some of the employees in the department were disrespectful to their supervisors and managers and other team staff members. There was not a patient-first attitude by some of the staff.

7. "Growing in a Positive Direction"

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at MetroHealth System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Capturing more of the northeastern Ohio marketshare in healthcare.
    -Many opportunities for involvement in community and hospital outreach.
    -CEO communicates with staff regularly via newsletter and video.
    -Open, inclusive work atmosphere.
    -Phenomenal retirement benefits (PERS).

Cons

-Lower than average salaries when comparing to other large healthcare employers.
    -Often not well-staffed enough to meet the needs of a complex patient population (all disciplines).
    -Many layers of management--organization is becoming more vertical.
    -Difficult to find employment from outside the organization unless you are connected with someone internally.
    -Outpatient areas are very "siloed".

8. "MetroHealth"

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time

Pros

Team environment with opportunities to get involved in projects that expand work experience. Leadership supports ideas/changes suggested from rank and file. Inclusion and diversity is embedded in the culture and isn't just a phrase. Exciting workplace during transformation process.

Cons

Would prefer PTO to sick/vacation policy.

9. "Overall employment"

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits

Cons

Small pediatrics department. Poor work/life balance

10. "Join a system on the up and up"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at MetroHealth System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Right now, Metro has a buzz to it. You walk around campus and people are happy to be here. It wasn't always that way, but over the past few years things have been changing and now you can feel the optimism in the air. It will be a long time before we have our new hospital (2022 still feels very far away!), but we haven't let that stop us from making positive changes in the meantime. From new leadership and more frontline engagement, to energetic support of value-based care and doing the right thing for our patients. Metro is on the up and up and it feels great to be a part of it.

Cons

To thrive here, every once in a while you need thick skin. Not all members of the team are as thrilled to be at Metro, and they might not be as enthusiastic about change.