MetroStar Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetroStar Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems in July 2017.

Interview

Had personal contact with employee. Company recruiter conducted an initial phone screen interview. Then, had a follow-up phone screen interview with Federal and Civilian leadership, followed by an on-site interview with key program staff members. Offer made within 2 weeks after the on-site interview. Joined the company within 2 weeks of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe in more detail regarding my prior project engagements on client sites.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems (Reston, VA).

Interview

Was contacted by the HR Manager about developing training and travelling nationwide to deliver it. I was recommended by a former co-worker that worked at MetroStar. I went and spoke with the HR Manager, my former co-worker, and the Company CEO. We discussed my work history, training experience, and content development process. Suggestions and feedback on some content was requested and provided. My requirements were recorded and met. An offer was made within the week, and I started soon after.

Interview Questions

• How are you with traveling 15-20% of the year?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a college career fair. I spoke and communicated with one of the recruiters then I went to HQ in Reston, Virginia and had an hour long interview with a hiring manager. It took a while for the recruiter to get back to me but was overall a good process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems (Reston, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got to meet a large part of the office when they took time to come in on their Saturday. They gave us food, showed us the office, then we were called in throughout the day to speak with the interviewer.

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems.

Interview

Applied and heard back pretty quickly. Had one interview with the recruiter - asking me basic information about my education, major, etc. Second interview was with the UX team - asking me advanced questions related to some of the projects I have worked on.

Interview Questions

• Most significant project you have worked on and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question
    • What research methods do you use in UX?   Answer Question

Content Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems.

Interview

They reached out to me with multiple emails expressing interest and promises to set up an in person interview. Never happened. I'd ask if there was still opportunity. They'd say yes then not follow up. Repeat, repeat.

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Complete disconnect between what everybody needed. They wanted someone to handle the internal audit compliance stuff and also someone who could do project level testing. They need 3 testers at least. Teher's no way one person can do that all for the little salary they offered. I also heard from some people in the office they've gone through so many QAers in the last year because it's so disorganized and overworked. Once I saw what wthey wanted from me, it's not for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of definitions in ISO and CMMI   1 Answer

They wanted so much from one applicant for very little salary.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems (Reston, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after a brief phone call with the Director of Marketing. I currently live over two hours from the company, so took off work and even stayed in a hotel in order to make it to the interview that Monday morning (all of which they knew). I was then given a writing test as I left the interview to have returned within 24 hours. I completed the test and had to email the Director of Marketing twice in order to get a response about receiving it. I was then given two more writing tests as the next round of the interview and emailed those in the necessary time frame. Never heard back from them again. Even after 2 emails to simply confirm that they even received them, I was given no response whatsoever. The interview was over a month ago.

Interview Questions

• How do you currently manage your content schedule in order to execute it by the necessary time frames?   Answer Question

MetroStar Systems Response

Oct 6, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take these issues very seriously and would like to improve the situation. Although Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, we invite you to email us at... More

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems.

Interview

Disappointed in this company and their lack of communication and broken process. Was brought in for an interview, then a second and then never heard back from them until a month later. Poor communication, poor management style and as a recruiting manager they should know that feedback and turn around are extremely important. Not to mention I emailed and called as a follow up and was ignored. Was excited to work with this company after my second interview but definitely not on my list to revisit later down the road. The recruiting world is small and a sour taste in a recruiters mouth goes a long way!

Writer/Editor Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MetroStar Systems in May 2014.

Interview

This company does not treat people well. I received a phone call, followed by two phone calls, then a final call leading to an offer. I was leaving my short term position elsewhere and contacted MetroStar Systems via e-mail as the start date grew closer. I heard nothing. In the meantime, I went on several other in person interviews with other public relations firms and companies who wanted to know which offers/interviews were pending. I mentioned MetroStar Systems, and I was likely passed over for positions because I had this offer which apparently vanished with no update whatsoever. Now, I'm attempting to collect unemployment benefits, interviewing with other companies, and doing damage control, so to speak. I've learned a hard lesson--interviewees beware!