Michaels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview, as with most interviews, consisted of a set of interviewers. Some directly related to the opportunity that I interviewed for and some peer-level. All of the interviewers, in my opinion, made sense to be on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department? What do I bring?   2 Answers

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Avon, CT).

Interview

I applied online. The store manager called me back about 2 weeks later, and set up an interview the same week. Very brief interview for this part time job unloading the morning delivery truck and stocking the shelves. Mainly asked corporate generated questions about interpersonal relationship things (how you get along with other people)

Interview Questions

• What is something that you think would get in the way of a team working together?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels (Greece, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from them a few days later. The manager was really friendly and nice and asked very basic interview questions, as well as a few of the questions on the online application. After the interview, the manager said that they would send an email requesting a background check, and after calling several times, I gave up trying to get the job. (I called about 5 times, asking for them to resend the email, etc., checked spam and everything, never receiving it. I gave up after a while because I didn't want to be that person.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you like arts and crafts?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw a customer/employee stealing?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Greenwood, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

Process was easy. Applied online and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview on Tuesday. Was told I would get a call on that following Friday. But I called them instead. Was told he would call me back due to still interviewing people. Received a call 3 days later with job offer. Went that Friday and signed papers. But due computer problems couldn't find out what my salary would be. But I start Monday. So excited.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for michaels?   2 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels.

Interview

Interview process went very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted an on-line application... After a few weeks I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview . The phone interview took place and they asked me to submit by resume by a certain date. I did so well within that time frame and sent a voicemail stating that it had been sent as I instructed. I never received a response to the voicemail nor the e-mail I sent. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! I was stunned at MICHAELS...

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my managerial experiences and my role in my current job which includes management experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels in August 2012.

Interview

I went through 2 phone interviews with HR. I was then set up with District Manager for formal interview. I was then waiting on my Background check . Entire process took 3 weeks before I was offerered a position.

Interview Questions

• Very simple interview. Standard questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Three weeks then I was offered position where I traveled to another state to train for 5 weeks. I was then flown to Dallas Tx for 5 days then placed in my store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

You have to turn in a letter of interest along with a resume. Then you are at some point given an interview time. I was at work when I was told that my interview would be the next morning. When I gave my letter of interest I was told nothing. About a week before the interview even though I did not know the exact date the manager handed me some papers and said to read them. That was it. I did ask another manager what I should know because there was nothing in the papers I was given to let me know how to prepare for the interview. The papers only showed what modules you would be learning when hired.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "If you are not hired for this position will you quit?"   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels.

Interview

Very Pleasant ,interesting, however hiring DM left company shortly after and then round robin of DM's started. Very confusing as each one had their priorities. Not very consistent, many changes.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They have a set of questions they ask,standard cookie cutter, and unless DM decides to have a real conversation, it would be difficult to assess actual abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was approached by the company recruiter. Interviewed with that person for a week on and off. Interviewed with District Manager, then one of the acting Store Manager. Also interviewed with Regional HR boss along with the RVP before getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, Told them what i wanted for salary and they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick...talked to current dm new dm n the vp of the zone as well as two hr. Gave me some money to move but it wasn't enough..they did pay for my u haul which was nice. Was told the store was trending up...but the previous store manager did some shady stuff so we aren't going to bonus this year