Michaels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Michaels

1,008 Interview Reviews

1.9

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels.

Interview

Incredibly easy interview process. Basic questions, more about availability and what I wanted to be (cashier or warehouse) than anything else. Was told I had the job that day. Did a background check at home/online, never drug tested. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• What's your specialty/area of expertise? (Painting, baking, cricut, etc).   1 Answer

Interview

I think that my experience when I was interviewing for this position (cashier / sales associate) was great! I enjoyed the interview process. In addition, I also think that the interviewer was very kind and welcoming.

Stock Clerk Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. Applied online and was called in for an interview with the manager. Interview was like any other interview and asked common questions. Overall interview took 15 minutes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels (Lincoln, NE) in February 2020.

Interview

Not so great Bed-side manner in the Interviewer at the North Store. Very unwelcoming.
    I'd highly recommend the South Store should you apply. As a guest and potential employee it's very disrespectful to have a potential employer already assuming things about you before you even get interviewed. Prodded forefully too much on previous job and already had a prior option of me. (This is a form of discrimination and there are laws against this) . The laws states that you can't discriminate even in an pre-interview to interview setting. I will not shop at this location going forwards.

Interview Questions

• Didn't give me enough time to interview and tired to be over-controlling and lied to me about hiring shortly before ending (lasted only about 10 mins) It wasn't an interview it was more like an actual witch-hunt. Then to pretend she didn't care about me by lying that she wasn't hiring at the end (it lead me to believe the store was huge in turnover because of this person). And if I was too be considered down the road I wouldn't accept.I Love Michaels as a store. Not a great store to work for now after this experience.   1 Answer

Photo Frame Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Michaels (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was called for the interview. I was hired by the store manager and he liked my work and offered me a job on the spot. I signed the agreement letters and started working in a weeks time.

HR Coordinator Interview

Interview

There was a brief phone interview where we went over my resume followed by an in-person interview where I met the team I would be working with and took a tour of the corporate campus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Interview

I knew I wasn’t getting the position once the interviewed started. I’m bilingual in NJ area and the interviewer asked why is speaking Spanish necessary for this position. The interviewer had no knowledge of NJ Passaic county where majority of customers are Hispanic. Twice I got passed over a position and they hired someone else not in the company. It was a racial interview from the beginning.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels (Irving, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

They came to my University, I did a soft-interview onsite the campus than got a follow-up interview at their HQ office, in which I interviewed with 3 different members of their merchandising/ product category managers. It was a pretty tough interview, every interview was 30mins each, and every interviewer was very serious, except the last one so it was kinda hard to feel relaxed and welcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle, CREATIVELY?   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Michaels (Irving, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

I randomly got an linkendin invite to interview with them in 2018. The person who sent the invite never responded to my emails no voice messages. This same person calls me 1 year later for an in person interview. Everyone in this group is new extremely.

Planning and Allocation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Irving, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Sat down for an interview in a really casual setting, not at a table but instead at swivel desks. I was meeting with three different managers in succession. After some time, the next manager would walk in, interrupting the previous session. It would be a lot of the same basic questions. It felt pretty rushed with the in-&-out of the previous Managers and with their banter in-between. I didn't feel like it was the best way to process an Interview.