Michelin North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel interview as well as group interview. The interview lasted about an hour and a half. The interviewers asked typical questions with fair and kind presentation. Their interview process is very standard and typical. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Michelin North America Response

Apr 23, 2019 – HR Representative

Thank you so much for the review of your interview experience! We're glad you chose to be an important part of our company through our Customer Service team.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in June 2007.

Interview

1) Recruiter Phone Interview 2) Michelin HR phone Interview 3) Homework essay question and answer 4) All day On location series of 1:1 interviews with key players and tour of the main headquarters (don't wear high heels ouch!) 5) Some people are flown in for a second series of interviews others are not. I was not and was given a phone call almost 2.5 weeks after the series of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions focus more on your past experiences and future goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate. They offer rock bottom to see if you'll accept.

Performance Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after a phone screening I was invited to Michelin's MARC (Michelin Americas Research Corp) facility in Greenville. I am a PhD candidate so I gave a 1 hour talk about my research, and used that as an opportunity to sell my skills to Michelin. Next I had 4 1 hour interviews, each with a person having a PhD, and lunch with an engineer who was my age. The night prior, Michelin arranged a local realtor to show me Greenville and dinner with another engineer.

Interview Questions

• I was describing a physical process in my research, and ended up on the topic of why the sky is blue   1 Answer

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America in December 2010.

Interview

Very easy interview process - did an on-campus interview which was personable, then was asked to do a personality-type questionnaire. After this, I got invited to Greenville to do an interview: I had 3 or 4 interviewers asking typical questions (not difficult) and then lunch. Had an offer within an hour of leaving the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest struggle and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate but I should've (I will leave it at that).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Beaufort, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The call for an interview began 4 months after I applied with a simple HR getting to know me better, and then I took the technical interview. The interviewer asked me to describe my experience in Java. I asked if there was anything specific like project experience or polymorphism she wanted to hear about, but she gave a vague answer and repeated the question. This was my only technical question and then she hung up. I was left to talk to the HR again and he said I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience in Java?   1 Answer

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in February 2007.

Interview

Had phone interview with a couple of people.. the interview didn't go any futher than that.

Interview Questions

• What was you worst failure   1 Answer
    • What were you last projects that you worked on   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Ardmore, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

One in person interview, one phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you were in a challenging situation and you had to work together with your group to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative, then two short in-person interviews: one with the manager of the group I would be working with and one with a more senior employee.

Interview Questions

Michelin North America Response

Apr 2, 2019 – HR Representative

We appreciate your feedback on our interview process. Thanks for taking the time!

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Clemson, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process took place at my university. It was fairly relaxed and conversational. There weren't any technical questions. They just asked about my previous work experience and about some of the lab work I did for my engineering classes. The interviewers were friendly and treated me with respect. I later did a second interview over the phone, and the second interview was fairly similar to the first one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michelin North America.

Interview

Online video interview where the question were pre-recorded. You had the opportunity to redo it as much as you wanted. As well as, on the phone with a recruiting agent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales at Michelin?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Norman, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

Got back to me very quickly, interviewer was friendly but not overly so. Very thorough in answering questions but was a brief process. Not very many questions and the whole interview took less than 30 mins