Michelin North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

After filling out application, if you're selected to move on in the process, you're emailed a link with to complete a recorded video interview. The next day I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted the same day, and it consisted of a few situational questions and the HR rep giving details about the position, etc. I was then invited in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted approximately 2 hours. You first meet with 2 people in the department you're interviewing for. This was mostly a lot of "tell me about a time when..." type of questions. After completing this, you then meet with a career counselor for a short interview. She asked a few situational questions, as well as inquired about your career goals. It seems like a great company, but for an entry level position the process was a bit much. And pay was never brought up while going through the long process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a hardship on the job.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Lexington, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Here was my timeline

First you apply online, filling out an application. I did this on March 19th. On March 21st I was invited to come into Michelin to fill out another (same) application and do a brief orientation on Monday, March 27th. This is where they go over the job description, pay, benefits etc. There was about 40 or so people at this orientation. After that, I was contacted on April 2nd to come in and take the South Carolina Work Keys test on Saturday, April 8th. There was about 25-30 people here this time (im assuming some got fished out in the first step) . If you have already taken the Work Keys test then you may bring in the original test scores (not a copy) and skip this process. If so you will be interviewed that day or scheduled for another day if their are too many applicants to interview. If not then you take the test and wait for Michelin to contact you for an interview. This was the longest part. I took my test on April 8th and was not contacted again until May 25th for an interview. After that I scheduled my interview for a week later. They called me the next day and offered me the job. You will then be scheduled for two separate tests. A drug screen and physical. If you cannot do two different days, they CAN work with you and try to schedule both on the same day. I had to do both in the same day because I still have a job with another company and could not take more time off. The drug test is a hair sample, not urine. The physical test includes a hearing test, eye test, eye depth perception test, eye colorblind test, urine analysis (not drug), a breath test, and a physical performed by the doctor. The breath test is by far the hardest. Take my advice. Keep blowing air out until you feel like you are getting light headed and going to pass out. You need to strain yourself and blow for as long and hard as you can. 95% of your breath will be gone within 1 second of blowing into the machine, and you need to keep going for 14 more seconds. Its insanely hard to get a good rating.

The interview itself was very basic and average. It can be a little difficult for some but I have management/interviewer experience myself so I may be a bit biased. I met with two Managers. Michelin has a VERY low tolerance for callouts. They made this fact clear. They expect you to show up for work. I assume if you are too sick they want to see for themselves and send you home? Im not sure how that works. I brought up I usually do about 3 call outs a year for sick/personal reasons and was informed this was borderline "disciplinary action". So be advised, if you need a more lenient company when it comes to time off, this job is NOT for you.

Besides basic questions (strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you had a coworker be unsafe and what did you do, describe how you took on a leader role etc..) They gave a brief rundown of the work environment and what the job process will be. You will be in a class environment for two weeks and will be training with someone after that. Training will be dependent on your comfort level but will typically be about a month. Overtime is a first come first serve basis. You will NOT be eligible for extra overtime until you become certified to be on your own.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took on a leader role   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Anderson, SC).

Interview

Very relaxed not intimidating at all. Location is good and clean. Who you know that works at Michelin seems to be very important for some reason. The hiring process was really long .

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. Within 2 weeks they flew me out to their corporate headquarters where I spent a full day interviewing. Interview consisted of 3 phases.
    First: Tour of the factory followed by overview of the company, history and short term plan for future. This was followed by a quick test over bottlenecks and possible optimization solutions. I struggled initially, but my reasoning was going the right way.
    Second: interview with a career manager that had the typical interview questions asked from a sheet where the interviewer recorded the answers.
    Third: interview with the IE manager where he asked about different projects and accomplishments related to managing projects or improving processes.
    Last thing was going out to lunch with a current IE there with the opportunity to ask him any questions about working there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a project you have managed in the past and how you achieved results.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Tough. You know you are being interviewed for a real job. Prepare yourself for different types of interview questions. Research the company so you ask questions too. If you have never been in this type of sales, ask to go on a ride a long to get yourself familiar with the type of job.

Interview Questions

• How would you effectively contribute to your job position?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my University's career fair, and was contacted about a week later to set up an interview. Interview was intended for manufacturing/quality position, but interviewer was happy to refer me to MARC hiring manager for an R&D position after the interview went well. HR reached out to me for second interview with MARC personnel, and extended an offer within a day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most technically difficult project you have worked on. How did you contribute, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Auburn, AL) in September 2016.

Interview

Introducing myself, background, best and worst experience. how does working at michelin help in my career and what location and position I want. They asked a lot about my response from previous work in the most difficult, the most rewarding situations.

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Did not get past the online submission of my personal information and my resume. My answer was too high on the salary that I was hoping for and got an immediate email rejection with no negotiation. Then why not put a salary range as "negotiable"? Not a very professional interaction when such detailed questions were asked of me. Then why not post the salary range for the job in question and save everyone time and effort? Have you ever heard the statement, "you get what you pay for"? My guess is that they will get what they pay for. Their competition pays much more for similar positions, and thats why the competition may very well beat them in the long run.

Interview Questions

• Q: What Salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter from SC. He told me at the end of the interview that he would like to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 3 weeks later. I had 3 one on one interviews and then went out to lunch with another individual in which we talked about the company some more. I left the company and the recruiter called me about 2 hours later to offer me the job.

The professionalism exhibited by each person I came in contact with was top notch! The love they showed for the job and the company was impressive. I am very excited for the opportunity that was provided to me.

Be ready to go over your resume, highlighting areas that match up with the job you are applying for. Also if the job is going to require you to be on the floor a lot, if you aren't willing to get dirty then it's probably not the job for you.

Interview Questions

• Why Michelin?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you were working on a project and then you were asked to work on another project. How did you prioritize?   1 Answer
    • Question on how you deal or troubleshoot an issue on the floor?   1 Answer
    • Why is quality important?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict on the job?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round interview was with a recruiter by phone. The second round was 4 interviews in a row. They told us a little about the company, what they did, and then basic interview questions about yourself and your capabilities. Afterwards, they took us to lunch in the cafeteria. They were prompt about selecting candidates and contacting you the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you function in a group.   Answer Question