Microbac Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microbac Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Microbac Laboratories, Inc.

2.1

Sort:

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Sterling, VA).

Interview

It was a single day interview, several hours. You doing a running interview with each member of the department. Expect to be there 3-4 hours. Dress nicely, speak clearly and do a little research on the company. They will ask questions regarding your experience and make sure your math is a little sharp.

Interview Questions

• The director of the department likes to ask a simple concentration questions. M1V1 = M2V2 and you're golden.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Don't expect much.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Penn, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief interview, mostly went over work history. This was followed by a tour of the lab. All in all the whole process took about an hour on site. No technical questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

Long in-person interview. Relatively easy, but no reason for it to be so long. The hiring process is needlessly extended, interview was scheduled weeks in advance, and work did not start for more than a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what job experience I had, despite them having my resume on hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

Long in person interview followed by tour of facility and job over view, took about two hours. Phone interview with director after initial in person interview, took about 30 minutes. Both were personable, and I felt comfortable. No scientific skill questions.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

A few weeks after applying, I was randomly called by the lab supervisor at a time I was unavailable. We scheduled a phone interview the next week, and he missed the scheduled call but immediately decided to instead bring me onsite Friday of the same week. Fairly easy interview, but what was really disappointing was the only followup I got was HR lying that they "will be closing this position (from further applications?) and will be reviewing candidates and interviewing on an on going basis (despite how I had at that point already interviewed a few weeks ago, which was in turn almost a month since the position was advertised? Yeah right...)." I'm fine with the standard automated HR rejection emails, but the automated emails blatantly lying to candidates is not okay. Overall, connected with the lab supervisor and an otherwise decent interview experience, but the company's HR department really needs to change their system of candidate rejection to an actual rejection email, rather than saying they're beginning to interview candidates, which is far from the same thing (and no, "other candidates" is NOT supposed to be a bad sign. You really naive enough to think any interviewer's gonna bank it all on one single candidate? Besides, I've had interviewers tell me they were interviewing other candidates who later on advanced me to the next stages).

Interview Questions

• Thoughts on working in a food lab?

Asked me about overall lab experience and about things such as PCR and LIMS that I listed I had experience in with my resume   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Interview

The interview was very laid back and casual. Basic interview questions were asked. The company got back with a response as to whether you got the job or not within two weeks.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - Quality Assurance Manager interviewed me with questions about how I expected the job to be and how I visualized the perfect intern to be. Being dependable, professional, honest, and diligent were my arguments and I believe that is why I got the job. I was able to connect with her immediately and she has given me so many reasons to continue my career down the administrative path.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? We are looking to get someone here as soon as we can.   1 Answer

Associate Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Sterling, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was an interview first via phone and then in person. The phone interview was more or less behavioral, and the in person interview covered details regarding your academic/professional experience.

Sample Log Tech Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

There were very few questions asked. Half way in the interview the manager left to talk to someone at a desk and left me with a lab manager for a tour. The labs and whole building were very unorganized. It was clear there is no room for growth in the position. They made the job sound horrible and said most employees on salary work 10-20 hours over time. One employee was there from 8 am until midnight the day before, and they said that like it was a good thing. I would not recommend working here.

Interview Questions

It just isn't worth it to work here. The labs being messy and unorganized was a huge turn off.

Wet/Envirnmental Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (Cortland, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. Certainly do not ask technical questions. They are in the middle or rearranging rooms to differentiate labs They offered $16 per hour. Talk about a low ball offer. I declinded!

Interview Questions

• When could I start? Do I have experience   2 Answers