Middough Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Middough

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Middough (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. I met with the process engineering head, senior engineer, and the experienced engineer. They explained to me what Middough does and went over my resume. I got to ask them questions. Only one or two behavioral questions that were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling a task that you were unfamiliar with?
      One thing you're proud of?
      Know everything well on your resume to answer their questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Middough (Niles, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

For a phone interview this was a very strange conversation. I felt that the interviewer had no interest in conducting the interview and was very monotone. I wasn't asked about anything on my resume, instead was asked strange questions regarding the university I attended. When I asked about a start date I was told there was none. He didn't know whether it would be weeks or almost in half a year. There also was a chance that they won't even hire anyone....

Interview Questions

• Why do you think engineering is becoming a more popular major? What year do you declare your major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middough (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Standard procedure. Meet with DM, DL and HR.
    Took more than 3 weeks to get an offer after the DM informed me they will give me an offer, so I accepted an offer from another company. Maybe it's normal for companies with headquarters out of state. I suggest to move much faster on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Good question, non of those brain numbing behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Middough (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Recommended to apply per personal associate. I was currently working another position that was a full time but contracted position. Preferred full time with all benefits so agreed to interview with this company. Sent resume within a week. set up phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Was a basic phone interview. Wasn't really concerned too much on what I was looking for. They were eager to fill the position so pursued me a couple of times via phone to begin the hire process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiations. they presented the package that was available for the positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Middough (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was standard. No call back. No trick questions.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Middough (Toledo, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

Ask you your name, where you live, how much you want to be paid, then show you the door. I thought it was a horrible interview, but got the job anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions in a 15 minute time frame.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Middough (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with key individuals from different departments as well as HR manager. Interview was professional and thorough until HR requested an application be completed including salary history. Not salary range or expectations, she wanted actual salaries from previous employers! HR stated that Middough always gets that information to help verify candidate background and that the information was necessary for consideration for employment.

The salary history request is inappropriate and irrelavent since factors such as position responsibilities, geographic region, markets served, total compensation components, company overhead and billable rates, and general economic conditions all impact the salary range for a position from one employer to another. An employer who attempts to take advantage of its interview candidates by implying this information is relavent, when in fact it only serves the employer in leveraging salary negotiations, is a company intent on competing against its employees rather than developing an atmospher of trust, respect, and leadership. A bad practice that makes it easy to look at opportunities elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary history?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Middough in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was by phone and I was hired. The phone interview took about an hour, which is long for a screen. The manager interviewed me by conference with 2 other engineers. The questions were directed at my refinery experience and ability to handle multiple projects and my success with working with challenging clients.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions involved how I would handle a client that questioned my work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The deal was a good one and Middough didn't waste time because they needed the help.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Middough (Oak Park, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Farely simple interview process. some time may be twice

Interview Questions

Negotiation

almost not negotiable

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Middough in January 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with HR representative to determine to bring in for onsite interview. Filled out application prior to interview (better to send prior to interview). Had group interview with department manager and technical manager. Process was very relaxed and easy going setting. Tour of the facility was not conducted at this time. Upon completion of interview there was a delay of about 1.5 months before receiving feedback that an offer was being prepared and extended. Acceptance was contingent upon passing the drug screen testing prior to being able to start work.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience working with various tools that the company utilized.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.