Millennial Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Millennial Media

2.4

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Millennial Media.

Interview

First, the VP talked to me and then the technical director asked me some basic data structure problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

1 phone and 4-5 on-site rounds. Phone round was pretty basic. on-site rounds were not hard either. Pretty haphazardly maintained office under the guise of maintaining a start-up culture. Interviewers were all nice to talk. The area around is pretty shabby and junk too. Would not liked to have worked there for sure. Gave an impression that a developer spends lots of time in writing test cases (since they don't have a QE team).

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Millennial Media (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

I first had an on-campus interview, which was largely behavioral. The interviewer asked general questions about my past experiences and what I wanted to contribute to the company. I don't think I did too well, but I must not have completely blown my chances because I got called back to do an on-site interview. This round consisted of three 30-minutes sections: the first was with the senior recruiter, the second with an engineer, and the third with the vice president of engineering. The first two were quite similar to the on-campus interview, but the third was technical, and the questions were not very difficult -- a few about data structures / algorithms and one coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. The coding question was just to find, within a list of integers, the longest sequence of consecutively increasing numbers.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was smooth and organized. Sometimes there were moments of long time without replies but they eventually got back to me and everything was figured out. The interview process went by quickly, after visiting their office in Boston and having a video call with the software engineers at Baltimore, they got back to me at the end of the day and had a job offer all ready for me. Overall a very pleasant experience!

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers how would you implement an efficient method to figure if there are duplicates?   2 Answers

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

I was an employee referral and was supposed to meet someone from the top management. I waited at the reception for almost two hours but no one showed up. At first the receptionist told me that she didn't know the lady I was supposed to meet and therefore was having difficulty in locating her. After sometime she told me that the lady was in a meeting and that there was a message from her asking me to wait.

After two hours, a lady from some other department came looking for me just as I was about to leave. This lady informed me that the lady from the top management was on leave and that I should meet her instead. I had travelled from far and didn't want to make multiple trips to Baltimore that's why I agreed to talk to her.

All she kept telling me was what my job responsibilities will be and how happy the company was to have me on board. She asked me to check my email for the letter of appointment that would come from the HR. I waited but no one got back to me. I followed up with this lady I met, however, she never replied to me emails.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I was told about the job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a HR person then a week later went in for an in-person interview with 3 people. Everyone was very nice and asked challenging but not too difficult questions. Unfortunately I was never contacted by HR to inform me that I didn't receive the job, which I thought was unprofessional.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media.

Interview

Millennial Media went to my school. The first round is on-campus. It lasts for 30 minutes, and the questions are pretty easy. Questions like hash tables, and simple algorithm. One week later, they told me I have an on-site opportunity. The On-site opportunity has 3 rounds, each about 45 minutes. The questions are not hard but very general. They will ask almost all relevant skills from your resume. Algorithm questions they asked are pretty easy. Just simple hash table, array, and binary tree questions.

Operations Engineering Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Millennial Media.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their VP of Operations Engineering. I then went in for in-person interviews with 5 people (2 in a remote office via video chat). Fairly standard questions - some technical questions to judge my skill level; some hypothetical questions about how I might change processes; behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly standard, but one interviewer (male) asked me (female) if I had done any "real" programming. My resume had scripting languages listed (Javascript, Python, Perl, etc), and this was not a programming position.   Answer Question

Director of Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

The first interview was an HR phone screen followed by a hiring manager phone screen. Both phone screens were relatively polite and informal. Typical background questions. There was also time for me to ask questions. Both interviews lasted for approximately an hour. I was scheduled for an onsite, but it was cancelled – it was bad timing with the hurricane and all.

Interview Questions

• There weren’t any major curve balls or unexpected questions. Typical questions related to advertising, in particular online and audience targeting. The toughest question was explaining my current compensation structure during the HR screen. This position was somewhat outside of my core area of expertise, which is why I did not receive a job offer.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a fair process. I was approached by the HR person, followed by phone screen by the hiring manager and then in person interviews with the team members. After that they were quick to give interview feedback and then waited for few weeks for other candidates to complete interview process. After that they offered me and I accepted.