Mimecast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.4

Business Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Chaotic. "Next Steps" changed from day to day. First round went smoothly, it was pretty standard. Second and third round were problematic. When I showed up for my second round of interviews, I was told the schedule had been adjusted two days prior. I never received the adjustments, which included additional interviews at a later time in the day. I ended up staying almost three hours past what I initially expected. No one ever apologized for the error or inconvenience. I had a death in the family and needed to reschedule the third round. Initially they were quite supportive and told me to take all the time I needed. One week later, when I told them I would be able to resume interviews, they told me they decided to move in a different direction. Very strange and chaotic.

Interview Questions

• How would I prioritize projects?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiting agency who reached out to me first. I had a video conference with the manager, which I seemed to have passed. I was then invited for a second video conference with the director of the team.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

Lengthy and convoluted. Interviewed with everyone in the office. Group interviews are usually unstructured and disorganized. Asked for accurate and truthful reason the former rep left. Was not given reason but found out later he was working for the competition at the same time. His pipeline was all fluff. no real opportunities and most of the prospects gave reasons for not buying was the rep was rude and or non-responsive.

Finance Interview

Interview

The phone screening was enough to turn me off. For every answer you gave, there were 10 more questions on why you answered that way. I also sent a follow up email with some questions and never got a response until they just flat out reject you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work at your previous job?   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their BDR manager. The call was supposed to be 30-40 mins. He called me 16 mins after the time that the call was scheduled and made it clear that we only had 14 mins because he had a meeting to go to.

The only question I was asked was to tell him about myself and then he asked me to ask the questions I had. I have not heard back since.

From prior experience, you should at least interview someone for 30 mins to get to know and see if they will be a good fit.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The process moved along relatively quickly. First was a phone screen, then an in person interview and then a second round of in person interviews. Waiting to hear back from recruiter on next steps.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online someone from HR reached out to me to schedule an interview at their Watertown office. The interview was with 5 different people: the HR employee, the director of digital marketing, someone who had just started in the MDA position along with 2 other people who were previously MDAs and were now in different positions at the company. I thought the interview went really well, the employees were all very friendly, but like someone else had mentioned I never heard back from them after my interview. I emailed, called and even messaged the director whom I would be working under on LinkedIn to see if there were any updates on the position but heard nothing back. In my opinion it was very unprofessional to not even answer an email explaining that they assumingly had gone with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with databases?   1 Answer

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

After a phonecall to find out when I was available to come in I have an interview that consists of 4 separate mini-interviews with different groups of people: one recruiter, one person who I would be working under, two people who had the position I was applying for, and another two people who held the position I was applying for. The interview was easy compared to other's I had done, it was very relaxed and at one point my interviewer stated "well this job is extremely entry level so I don't really have much to ask you" and mostly seemed to pitch the compensation package. The recruiter also came off awkward and struggled to find questions to ask me. For the most part the people were very nice and I left thinking I made a good impression. After the interview I e-mail the HR representative to thank her and ask when any further decisions will be made and I get no response. Thinking she may have just glanced over my thank you email I ask again a week later about the hiring process... still no response. Finally after a month I get frustrated (and confused considering how well I thought it went) and just ask the person in HR who set up my meeting if there was anyway I could get feedback to improve my interview performance in the future (I really wanted to know what went wrong)... and no response. I understand the company doesn't owe me an explanation for not hiring me but I figured it would have at least been courteous to give one response.

Market Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

First interview was with the HR person. It lasted only around 15 minutes with very basic questions asked. It took only a week to set up the phone interview from the time they first contacted me.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities in your former/current job?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company. I was contacted immediately after applying and asked a few questions about my resume and discussed salary and benefits. The hiring manager said they were going to check with the team to see if they want to bring me in. I hear back a few days later and was told that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. They ask me a few more questions about my resume and things immediately took a turn for the worse. They told me the job description on their website isn't correct and the duties I said I was used to doing were not part of the job description (well maybe its time to post the correct description then?). Then they told me that I don't have any relevant experience and actually started yelling at me that I don't have what they were looking for (hey, you contacted me). The job description stated 4 years paralegal experience and did not specify what type of paralegal (again, maybe its time to update your job description). They said they would call me back the next day but as I expected, I didn't hear back. Between the incorrect job posting being listed on the website, and being accosted for not meeting the requirements that weren't posted anywhere after they were the ones to contact me, I have never had such a bad experience before even interviewing with a company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things that were not part of the job description.   Answer Question