Mimecast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mimecast Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.3

Finance Interview

Interview

The phone screening was enough to turn me off. For every answer you gave, there were 10 more questions on why you answered that way. I also sent a follow up email with some questions and never got a response until they just flat out reject you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work at your previous job?   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their BDR manager. The call was supposed to be 30-40 mins. He called me 16 mins after the time that the call was scheduled and made it clear that we only had 14 mins because he had a meeting to go to.

The only question I was asked was to tell him about myself and then he asked me to ask the questions I had. I have not heard back since.

From prior experience, you should at least interview someone for 30 mins to get to know and see if they will be a good fit.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The process moved along relatively quickly. First was a phone screen, then an in person interview and then a second round of in person interviews. Waiting to hear back from recruiter on next steps.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online someone from HR reached out to me to schedule an interview at their Watertown office. The interview was with 5 different people: the HR employee, the director of digital marketing, someone who had just started in the MDA position along with 2 other people who were previously MDAs and were now in different positions at the company. I thought the interview went really well, the employees were all very friendly, but like someone else had mentioned I never heard back from them after my interview. I emailed, called and even messaged the director whom I would be working under on LinkedIn to see if there were any updates on the position but heard nothing back. In my opinion it was very unprofessional to not even answer an email explaining that they assumingly had gone with another candidate.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

After a phonecall to find out when I was available to come in I have an interview that consists of 4 separate mini-interviews with different groups of people: one recruiter, one person who I would be working under, two people who had the position I was applying for, and another two people who held the position I was applying for. The interview was easy compared to other's I had done, it was very relaxed and at one point my interviewer stated "well this job is extremely entry level so I don't really have much to ask you" and mostly seemed to pitch the compensation package. The recruiter also came off awkward and struggled to find questions to ask me. For the most part the people were very nice and I left thinking I made a good impression. After the interview I e-mail the HR representative to thank her and ask when any further decisions will be made and I get no response. Thinking she may have just glanced over my thank you email I ask again a week later about the hiring process... still no response. Finally after a month I get frustrated (and confused considering how well I thought it went) and just ask the person in HR who set up my meeting if there was anyway I could get feedback to improve my interview performance in the future (I really wanted to know what went wrong)... and no response. I understand the company doesn't owe me an explanation for not hiring me but I figured it would have at least been courteous to give one response.

Market Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

First interview was with the HR person. It lasted only around 15 minutes with very basic questions asked. It took only a week to set up the phone interview from the time they first contacted me.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities in your former/current job?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company. I was contacted immediately after applying and asked a few questions about my resume and discussed salary and benefits. The hiring manager said they were going to check with the team to see if they want to bring me in. I hear back a few days later and was told that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. They ask me a few more questions about my resume and things immediately took a turn for the worse. They told me the job description on their website isn't correct and the duties I said I was used to doing were not part of the job description (well maybe its time to post the correct description then?). Then they told me that I don't have any relevant experience and actually started yelling at me that I don't have what they were looking for (hey, you contacted me). The job description stated 4 years paralegal experience and did not specify what type of paralegal (again, maybe its time to update your job description). They said they would call me back the next day but as I expected, I didn't hear back. Between the incorrect job posting being listed on the website, and being accosted for not meeting the requirements that weren't posted anywhere after they were the ones to contact me, I have never had such a bad experience before even interviewing with a company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things that were not part of the job description.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very thorough - at least 8 interviews. Although this might have been because of uniqueness and newness of role .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Core Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with Director, in person with the then Manager who has since left (When the dept went down the drain). The phone screen was rather straight forward and I basically met with management from all different departments in the in person, nobody knew what the last one said/asked so not many tech questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic Exchange questions, what type of work I did for MSP's and whether or not I was able to support new products.. Also asked me to perform a response to a disgruntled client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided me with an offer letter which I considered and then accepted

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast (Melville, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews with HR, co-workers and manager then a final in-person panel interview. In-person interview required a presentation on the Mimecast product. Their focus was more on presentation skills and style than actual technical accuracy of their product. It felt relaxing and open, it was not a high pressure interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable presenting using WebEx?   1 Answer