Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Interview Questions

2.2

Design Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Interview

I dropped off a resume and got a call about a week later from the assistant store mgr. She asked me what I was looking for and gave me a summary of the position and requirements. This is what she explained..... The average sales person sells $45,000 to $75,000 a month. The store sells $275,000 to $450,000 a month. There is a base salary of $30,000 a year. You earned 1% commission on your sales and .5% on the store sales. If your sales consistently reach $83,333 per month consecutively, without going under, you will be put in the million dollar club and earn 2% commission on your sales. Push your calculator..... this means your total potential income after your clientele is well established and your sales consistently go over $83,333 might be around $52,000. On the low end while you are building your clientele, the base + 1% + ..5% = $36,000, No joke. I was also told that you will be scheduled one weekend a month off, but you are "free" to work the weekend if you prefer and you will have two days off a week but you are "free" to work those two days as well. There is a 401K, but the company match is 3%, not 15% like most financially stable companies. There is medical, dental and vision available. College graduates can't even afford to live on $36,000 a year, let alone a grown adult with responsibilities. I can't even imagine the quality of employees they are attracting if that's their compensation package. My guess is they will struggle to create stability, struggle to create a loyal following and will have a noticeably negative turnover rate, as people will crumble from the lack of ability to care for themselves and their families. All while they feel the pressure to work on days off. Good Luck with that Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams, you're setting yourself up for a painful learning curve.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested? If so, we will schedule a time for an in person interview with store mgr.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (Taylorsville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The ladies were nice and asked some personal questions. It was an informal interview. I felt like I was just there to fill a number of interviews that they had to have and that they had someone else in mind before I got there. I drove 45 minutes to the place for nothing. I came in 15 minutes early and left 15 minutes later. 10 minutes later I received the "thanks but no thanks" email. It was very discouraging.

Interview Questions

Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Response

Oct 7, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. While we do have a more informal style to our interview process, please know that each interview is important to us. We appreciate the time you took to meet with us and... More

Retail Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 10 days later for a phone interview. Had an interview with the store manager and went on to have 3 more interviews with the operations manager, sales manager and then the store manager once more. I was then offered the position but had to wait for the background check to be completed before giving notice to my current employer, which took almost 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was a bit different...questions were asked but in a more fluid fashion. It didn't feel like an interview but more like someone trying to get to know me better...really refreshing.   Answer Question

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was brief and yet at times confusing there were three different staff members to ask many different questions only to benefit what you would do for them and how much money you could make there license signature store.
    It would have been very nice to have professional questions asked and answered in a manner that was conducive to the position as to what their goals were for their store, but overall it was a rating of C+

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation process was very easy and I agreed

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I had several interviews with many different levels of management in the company. A total of 5 interviews. One via phone and the rest in person. The last interview was with Mitchell Gold himself. They informed me right up front that they were in no rush to fill this position. They were very focused on finding the right candidate. However, I was "GHOSTED." It was like I no longer existed after the last interview. No response from my communications attempts nor a "Thanks but No Thanks." No candidate likes to be left hanging. If it's not a fit, please let them know!!! It's really easy and extremely helpful for someone doing a job search.

Interview Questions

• Most questions centered around the NYC market and how MGBW Home could improve and maximize their presence. I felt in retrospect that they were just picking the brains & ideas from candidates just to get a outside opinion.   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers, they were all pretty nice and relaxed which made me feel very confortable. The interview continued with a good vibe, outgoing, nothing tense or your typical very serious interviews. They were all very profesional and getting to the point. Each of them talked about certain points and what is expected to the company. Then they started with the questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (Taylorsville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Sent in my resume online. Was contacted by a female (cannot remember her name) for a face to face interview. I went to the interview with Dan from HR and Ben the controller. Dan went in and out of the interview several times. All the questions were fairly simple. It was very relaxed. I never heard anything back of a decision even though I was told I would be contacted either way. I even sent a follow up email but received no response from that either. Not very professional in the follow up process.

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (Taylorsville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a face to face interview. Questions were fairly easy to answer. No trick questions. Very straightforward. Was not notified of the company's decision.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at the SoHo store (for a position at another location).. Very beautiful, everyone was very polite and professional and greeted me when I entered and when I left. The interview was ok.. filled with really generic retail questions. I didn't get much feedback from the interviewer during our meeting. He kind of had a poker face... HR asked me for references afterwards (which is usually a sign they want to move forward) but I never heard from anyone again, despite several follow-up attempts.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the thing your employees dislike about you the most?   1 Answer

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview/screening about 10 minutes .
    then if you are moved forward it can be 1-3 interviews. Met with Director of Stores hiring for a new store .
    Easy and friendly . Relaxed atmosphere.
    Questions regarding previous accomplishments and sales volume, client relationships and prompts to see if I knew about MGBW. About 40-45 minutes .

Interview Questions

• In the role of Design Associate what can you bring to the team?   Answer Question