Mitchell's Fish Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Pantry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application, they called all of my listed references, and was then asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed first by the chef and then by his sous chef. The interview was mostly generic questions including questions regarding cooking techniques and recipes. There was no cooking test until after I was hired and very briefly trained on the restaurant's current menu.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite meal, and how do you prepare it?   Answer Question
    • *This is not a joke. I was seriously asked this question during the interview* If you could have one super power, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Winter Park, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The managers who interviewed me were very friendly and asked good questions. They expressed a willingness to train me in areas where I did not have experience. They called me back for a second interview, but I think I did not receive a final offer due to some issues with my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Woodmere, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Woodmere, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview process. They just want to know that you will be competent with your job and they also want to be sure that you have experience. If you have no serving experience they will not hire you. However, they may have you host for a while before hand until you get the hang of things. They do not quiz you on any wines or food knowledge which is kind of surprising.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Lansing, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

smooth. My interviewer talked to me and swiftly hired me. I wore a suit when I walked in and that helped make a good impression. They wanted to talk to me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a restaurant.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Brief, I had worked for one of the managers previously. The GM conducted second interview to confirm I was what he was looking for in a server. He was confident that I was qualified being that I was highly recommended.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to make an hour   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Livonia, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

You come in mid day to interview with the General Manager who is a very nice and outgoing guy. He makes speaking with him very easy, so you can just be yourself. It is for a position in the restaurant industry so he wants your personality to show. Questions are very simple and seem to be answered easily by anyone with common sense. Just show that you willing to work hard and are a people person.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Brookfield, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

There are two interviews, each one is conducted by a different manager. The first one is very general, they ask about work experience and so forth, the second is more about your ability to up-sell and your personality. There is a lot of studying to do during training, and there are written tests each day.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you to look at the menu and role play with the interviewer to test your ability to up-sell an item.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Newport, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

Super easy. The GM and chef will be the ones interviewing you and ask you basic questions like any restaurant would. What would you do if you got double sat. Sell me this. Relationship questions relating to work and how you act under stress. Make sure to smile and act and dress professionally and you'll have no problem.

Interview Questions

• We just put mac n cheese with hotdogs on the menu, pretend I'm a guest and sell it to me.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Winter Park, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

"Interviewed" the sous chef, the general manager, and a random FOH manager. No difficult or cooking questions or techniques involved in the process and they were half hazard. It was easy, just sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been cooking?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchell's Fish Market (Carmel, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

Sat down and explained my experience. Fairly easy process. They offered me the job on the spot and I started training a few days later. Had a set training regimen which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How often are you willing to work. Etc.   Answer Question