Mixpanel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 106 of over 106 interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

Mixpanel emailed me after I submitted an application to schedule a call. I scheduled the call but the interviewer was a no show. We rescheduled and they were a no show again. Weeks later, Mixpanel emailed me to schedule a call again. I submitted my availability then heard nothing back. I followed up and told Mixpanel that they ghosted me a month prior as well. Two days later I received an auto-email saying they were not going forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
  • Never had the call. Mixpanel no-showed twice wasting my time.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Similar to other reviews - I had a very poor interview experience at Mixpanel. The entire process took more than 2.5 months. The last month was just waiting to hear back from them before they rescinded a detailed verbal offer. Initially I applied for the GTM Strategy and Planning Manager role with a referral. After the entire interview process (several calls with the recruiter, 2 casual phone calls with hiring manager, interview panel with 3-4 employees, and an interview with the VP) they proposed another role to support their segment teams. Despite the obvious red flag, I told them that I'd still consider the opportunity since I really enjoyed meeting the team and thought I would quickly make a meaningful impact. I waited more than 2 weeks to hear back from them about an offer. Meanwhile, I had two offers from other companies who needed a response. After I insisted that they update me on the offer so I could evaluate my options, the recruiter extended a detailed verbal offer. Several days later, after I rejected one of my outstanding offers, the recruiter called with an update. It was some nonsense about how they didn't actually have the headcount approved for the role, and now the SVP wasn't sure about my background/qualifications....after hours of interviews at this point. What an absolute mess. Unfortunately, while I liked the team, I'd advise potential candidates to keep this one on the backburner. It's a little concerning that they'd treat a potential candidate (with a referral) this way. In addition to my usual interview prep, I spent a few hours navigating and using their product when I received a verbal offer (I like to get a head start at new companies!) It was a complete waste of time. Second piece of advise is to not make any decisions until you have a written offer!!

Interview Questions
  • Usual behavioral questions - Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple priorities, etc.
2 people found this interview helpful

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Mixpanel~406910
Join the conversation on

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Mar 2022

Interview

Very smooth and easy, first get in touch by a recruiter, then I got a take home assessment. A day after I submitted the assessment, I got setting up to meet with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Mar 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me through TripleByte, had me schedule an intro call on his calendar. Day of, he cancels and says he will reschedule, but that was a week ago. I've had this sort of thing happen so many times where if someone asks me to put something on their calendar, I am just going to ask them to pound sand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

I talked to HR and was turned down on the spot because I didn't have one requirement. Fair enough but their attitude showed irritation of me applying for the job. I would not apply there again.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

A somewhat cold recruiting process. Mixpanel uses the stereotypical recruiter that is the firewall to the company. It felt as if they just go through motions set up before them without any regard to individuals or representing the company well to future hopefuls. After applying they just randomly send some script and link to a Google forms quiz. There is no regards to the candidates existing schedule, time constraints or questions as they work solely through a no-reply email. The quiz they send is a standard support question that is specific to their software platform. So make sure you are familiar with what they do, how their interface is setup and looks. I wasn't and had to wing it. It was actually a pinch confusing at first glance. Something about the click through process and clarifying for a user. Regardless of that their Google form wasn't properly setup which caused an error when trying to submit the 30 minute timed quiz. I finished the quiz fairly shortly but then spent the remainder of the 30 minutes waiting and trying to figure out their mistake only to have to wonkily submit and hope they got it. I made the assumption it would auto submit after the timer but that is not the case. Actually pretty frustrating of a process dealing with the error more than the actual quiz. Something went wrong with how they setup the timer and some Quilgo Submission ID issue. I tried to contact about the error but got no email or feedback about it. I then forgot about it but a few days later received another generic script that offers no input or feedback about the process other than you aren't their cup of tea. I feel that they don't really use the quiz response as a basis of continuing forward though, if they even got it. As you can give a nearly perfect response and have all the proper experience and still not be moved forward. I actually used the same script their current Technical Support Engineer's use almost verbatim. So I'm not sure the metric they choose to allow candidates to move forward. Good Luck.

Interview Questions
  • Quiz explaining an issue to a customer about understanding the percentages from the funnel chart.

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Barcelona) in Jan 2022

Interview

I got a call from one recruiter as a first approach to the job offer. She explained what the job offers for the position: remote, and office in Bogatell, Barcelona. She told me to answer the form, which is a test, and depending on the outcome of the test they could identify If I am a good fit or less. The next step in the interview process is completing their take home assignment. This exercise is an example of a live customer inquiry and has a timer of 30 minutes upon starting. Respond to the customer as you would if you were a support engineer at Mixpanel. The quiz is timed and will automatically close the window once time is up, so please only start it when you have 30 minutes of uninterrupted time. 5 minutes after the call, I received the email with the form and test. You have 30 minutes to complete it.

Interview Questions
  • -Why did you quit your previous job? -Complete a test This was the question from the test: "Hey Mixpanel Team! Quick question, I'm reviewing a funnel report right now, and the conversion rates are not really making sense in my head. Please look at the attached image below. In the 3rd step, message delivered, it says before the step that the conversion rate is 65.8%, but when I click on it, it says 2811 unique users and says 39.5% instead. Both numbers seem pretty far off from each other. Thanks- Charlie"

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Jan 2022

Interview

Lots of discussions, like a lot. I think 4 or 5 one on one for an IC role. Tech screen was easy and fun. Overall process spanned about a month, I was getting tired of it. It's the same conversations each time. Not a horrible process, but it wasn't as tight as others I've been through.

Interview Questions
  • From a tech perspective, they were less concerned about my knowledge of the space or their tech, but they were seeking someone with a genuine intellectual curiosity, at least from what I gathered during the tech screen. They eventually didn't offer me a position because my background didn't align with the requirements for the role, so who knows?

Mixpanel

Application

I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

Tough interviewers, several of whom were running late, one or two were lovely, the recruiting coordination and communication was smooth. The overall process was slow, but it was around the holidays.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Phone interview followed by two interviews with team members. Everyone was really nice and kind, but they didn't seem too excited about their jon. A lot of comments about old technology stack and employee turnaround.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Interviews

Mixpanel Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Mixpanel as 28.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.95 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Support Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Technical Support Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Mixpanel takes an average of 18 days when considering 102 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Success Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Technical Support Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Mixpanel according to 102 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.71%