Mixpanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mixpanel Interview Questions

Interviews at Mixpanel

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out. Triplebyte initial screen followed by an online technical screen and an onsite.

The online technical screen was unnerving, interviewer was slightly rude and laughed condescendingly when I didn't get an edge case.

Somehow got cleared for onsite. Onsite was day long, consisting of :

Interview with hiring manager - asked previous experience and general soft skills (conflict management etc)

Senior engineer - asked system design

Lunch with engineers - awkward and mostly consisting of silence (when I asked what it's like working here, the answer was very commonly "it's ok")

Senior Engineer - 2 LC easy, medium type problems on the whiteboard

Senior Engineer/Team Lead - coderpad LC easy-medium

Overall, I didn't have good feelings about working here. I could see that they had some great technical challenges they were working on (shoutout to the interviewer that took the system design part - he was very engaging and it was a fun exercise), but most of the interviewers felt bored.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Had an initial call with recruiter that covered my background and went well. Then was sent a problem a client was having and needed to respond to client to explain what some stats meant. Second interview was a video screen that covered more of my background and some questions on how to deal with clients. After the call I was asked to respond to a client to address their problem(different problem). Seemed like all was well and then received a rejection email the next day. After multiple follow ups, still haven’t heard back from anyone on feedback.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on funnels and percentage of people that make it through   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call later and he sent me a quiz to complete. It has been months now - Got completely ghosted after that. Highly unprofessional - atleast have the courtesy to end some feedback. Do not waste people's time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Was referred internally and it took them about a month to respond. I spent another two weeks nailing down a time with a recruiter.

1 30 minutes call with a recruiter,

Nothing else. Completely ghosted.

I wasn’t heartbroken but it would have been nice to get an email.

Interview Questions

• How complex have your deals been?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel.

Interview

After passing the initial phone screening, I had a video call with the Head of Design. He was 15 minutes late and seemed ill-prepared. Even before the interview, the recruiter dropped communication for about a week and half before getting back to me. After getting the greenlight for a second time, I patiently waited for next steps. Again, the recruiter didn't reply until a week of no response. She claimed she was "excited to move forward." Never heard back after sending her my schedule.

Totally unprofessional and the recruiters obviously like to string along potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is a product on the market that you think is a good design solution?   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Poorly communicative, not well organized. The recruiter seemed unprepared, workers seemed confused, overall would not have worked there.

There was little about the product that seemed innovative. Overall left wanting a no and felt like I wasted my time interviewing.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mixpanel (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after a couple of days. The interview was went well. Followed up same day to schedule time to talk to hiring manager. The hiring manager ended up interviewing me for a position I didn't apply for nor was I told I was interviewing for this specific position. At the end of the interview he told me I didn't have to ask him any questions. He was very casual about the interview and cursed a lot. Not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• why does one user purchase something while the other does not   2 Answers
    • how to price a peanut allergy drug   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

-Initial Phone Screen with Sales Manager in New York. That went well, so they moved me to in person at their office there.

-Phone Screen in between with HR Manager from San Francisco office. Gave me some tips on how to pass the interview. Didn't understand why they put me with the San Francisco HR person when the role is out of the New York office.

-Panel Interview with 4 Sales Managers in office in New York. 2 were from that office, 2 called in on video from San Francisco office. Pretty standard interview, mostly behavioral question based.

-They told me afterwards that the San Francisco HR person would be contacting me regarding how I did. A month after my interview, no news regarding that. Reached out to her last week about my status, got the automated rejection notice in my email.

My one piece of feedback would be - If I am applying for a role in New York, don't bring the San Francisco Office into the picture. It made the process way more confusing that it should have been!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the competition?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Fast and generic interview. Wasn't too bad or challenging but would have appreciated an actual email back instead of an automated email considering I spoke to an actual person over the phone.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview in the office. Met with both technical and recruitment team members. Was a fairly standard technical interview with some additional focus on areas relevant to the company with processing of a lot of site traffic metadata. Things felt a bit disorganized and those I met with weren’t consistent in their answers about the future of the company. Seems like there is a lot of change with leadership and operations which came out in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical brain teaser coding questions   2 Answers