Mixpanel Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 87 of over 87 interviews

Employee Referral15%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Mixpanel

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

30 minute interview with the TA lead, then a series of conversations with team members. Discussion based interviews covering hypothetical work situations and giving me an opportunity to ask questions about the team and role. The TA lead in particular was incredibly competent and thoughtful and ran a friendly but effective and efficient screen.

Interview Questions
  • Name one company whose culture you admire and share why.
    Answer Question

Mixpanel

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

This is my first interview feedback on Glassdoor. I just want company and management to be aware of it and make amends. 1. The interviewer said he would leave time at the end to ask questions - Which he didn't and abruptly disconnected the call. 2. There was no intro nothing, tell me about a hard problem you solved and straight let's solve the problem. I don't think interviewer was interested about the first part at all. 3. I discussed problem, evaluated approaches and wrote code. I can understand every company has their own calibration and I won't judge them for that. I would at least expect interviewer to be respectful and managing time well. Quick tip: If you are interviewing, The expectations is to finish the code within the time provided.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Barcelona) in Apr 2021

Interview

-1st Technical test - 2nd interview with HR - 3rd interview with a senior engineer - 4th "homework" to be sent via e-mail - 5th : 3 * 1 hour interviews with different managers from the support team. During one of the interview (in visio), I was first asked to answer technical questions, prior to a small presentation/intro of myself, my background... I had read the feedback on Glassdor about the automatic-rejection e-mail after 5 rounds of interview, I was hoping it had changed .. but appparently not.. I was expecting a minimum of feedback, rather than : "Thanks for expressing interest and applying to Mixpanel! We appreciate your patience, as we discussed with the team. Unfortunately, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy for the Support Engineer (EMEA) role at this time. Thanks again for your time and best of luck in your search- " from a "no-reply" e-mail address. I was interested in the company, I was happy to meet the team and truly believed in his future, but at the end I am leaving with a negative impression. I hope my feedback will be taken into account.

Interview Questions
  • - Analytic questions about the retention graph, notification system. - How will you explain the product to a 5 years old ?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview with recruiting lead -> recruiting exercise -> onsite interview with a hiring manager partner, tech recruiting lead, and head of talent. Overall, conversations were okay, but the teammate interview left a sour taste in my mouth. The teammate was late to the interview, didn't apologize, then left 1 minute for Q&A and as soon as his time was up he ended the interview by stating our time was done and he had to go. I get we're working back to back, but I didn't even get the chance to thank him for his time as he just abruptly ended the call. On top of that, I got a generic rejection email - at the very minimum, feedback or a call would should have happened.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Dec 2020

Interview

Went through 5 round of interview Each round of interview took almost 2-3 weeks to follow up. Didn't have the courtesy to follow up after emails and sent rejection through a no-reply email after 5 rounds. No feedback given either

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

If you want to have 7 rounds of interviews, in a span of 2 months then this is your place! I would suggest for them to shorten this as it’s a real burden for the interviewee. The only upside was that some of the people were very nice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

unprofessional recruiter, I gave my availability and they were like "wow you must be so busy with other interviews, how did they go?" and came in with a below market offer

Interview Questions
  • refactor some existing code into something more readable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Recruiter reached out. Triplebyte initial screen followed by an online technical screen and an onsite. The online technical screen was unnerving, interviewer was slightly rude and laughed condescendingly when I didn't get an edge case. Somehow got cleared for onsite. Onsite was day long, consisting of : Interview with hiring manager - asked previous experience and general soft skills (conflict management etc) Senior engineer - asked system design Lunch with engineers - awkward and mostly consisting of silence (when I asked what it's like working here, the answer was very commonly "it's ok") Senior Engineer - 2 LC easy, medium type problems on the whiteboard Senior Engineer/Team Lead - coderpad LC easy-medium Overall, I didn't have good feelings about working here. I could see that they had some great technical challenges they were working on (shoutout to the interviewer that took the system design part - he was very engaging and it was a fun exercise), but most of the interviewers felt bored.

Interview Questions
  • Design an analytics datastore.
  • 1. Construct a binary expression tree. 2. Parse a binary expression tree.
  • Check if a BST is balanced

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Emeryville, CA)

Interview

Had an initial call with recruiter that covered my background and went well. Then was sent a problem a client was having and needed to respond to client to explain what some stats meant. Second interview was a video screen that covered more of my background and some questions on how to deal with clients. After the call I was asked to respond to a client to address their problem(different problem). Seemed like all was well and then received a rejection email the next day. After multiple follow ups, still haven’t heard back from anyone on feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions on funnels and percentage of people that make it through

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mixpanel (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

The interview process was long and thorough - 6 interviews over 1.5 months with a lot of different people. And at the end, after the final interview, I barely got an email to announce that I wasn't selected for the role without any feedback. I did ask feedback, sending several emails, and they just totally ignored me. It was absolutely rude and disrespectful after having spent so many hours of my time interviewing for the role. The minimum is to reply and offer a minimum of feedback. Ignoring people is not tolerable and unacceptable from a company who boast itself as one of the best place to work in California.

Interview Questions
  • The case study about preparing a marketing campaign for the whole region was probably the most difficult.
2 people found this interview helpful