KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 212 of over 219 reviews

3.8
Mixpanel CEO Amir Movafaghi
Amir Movafaghi
Pros
  • "Great culture & smart people(in 14 reviews)

• "work life balance at the office(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains but nothing that is not worth working here(in 12 reviews)

• "Analytics is getting crowded as a space(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great culture, ambition and upside

Dec 4, 2020 - Engineering Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mixpanel has been the best place I’ve worked in my career, for a few reasons: 1- the openness/empathy of the culture - promoted from the highest ranks, and adopted by everyone I had the pleasure to interact with was super refreshing, especially after coming from some highly political workplaces in the past. 2- the company is motivated, powered up and driven to win, and the product is improving week over week. In addition to improving the product, the company is making the right moves to capture mind and market share for the right segment of customers. 3- the leadership listens. During all-hands it really feels as if everyone’s voice is heard and addressed rather than pushed aside or given non-answers, and then followed up with actions to address any issues. 4- tremendous learning and growth opportunities for entry and mid level engineers with mentoring from kind and empathetic senior engineers, and good opportunities for senior engineers to expand their scope.

Cons

- No 401k match (yet) - Different teams seem to have different experiences with some variations depending on the style of their manager, but that’s to be expected. However the overall culture of openness and empathy towards one another seems to sweep over any inconsistencies in team-cultural changes.

12 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Challenging Problems, Stimulating People, Competitive Landscape - Where I Want To be

Jul 28, 2021 - Tech Lead in Burlington, VT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mixpanel is full of brilliant, and fiercely determined people working on solving really hard analysis problems at a super massive scale. It's an endlessly interesting and rewarding project, especially if you are the type of person who has a love of learning (and an open mind to do so). If you believe that data (specifically behavioral data) will be at the center of humanity's future, Mixpanel is where you will be best poised to be a part of it. The leadership is both wise and humble - willing to openly admit mistakes and capable of making really solid decisions. That combination is rare (in my experience). There are MANY stand-out I.Cs who are at the top of their respective fields, yet still approachable in most cases. Overall, the culture is inclusive, yet determined. Growth is responsible, built into a sustainable business model. It is my hope that I can spend my entire career working here.

Cons

Sink-or-swim enablement, strong impetus on "figuring it out yourself". Recognition is generally reserved for "above and beyond" work as opposed to quality work. Don't expect to be spoon-fed with extensive training... you'll be disappointed. Behavioral analytics is a fiercely competitive space - this requires that decisions are made quickly. That's both a pro and a con, depending on your perspective.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love this company: great people, very competitive comp, enjoyable work

Jul 26, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Product: World-class product in a large and growing market - Impact: Found our stride in shipping really impactful improvements that are reflected in our qualitative and quantitative metrics. I feel like every project I work on has a direct impact on our business. - Compensation: We're compensated very well even without considering the equity upside (which is huge). - Coworkers: I love my coworkers. They're smart, pragmatic, introspective, and genuinely nice people. - Leadership: Leadership really cares about people and diversity. Yes, diversity is a problem across tech and it's not an easy one to solve but they continue to work and iterate. Our CEO was recently named one of the Top CEOs for Women in 2021.

Cons

No job is perfect and growing pains exist at any growing company. A few things I see we need to improve on: - Mentoring - Onboarding new employees - EPD -> GTM communication (which has gotten better recently)

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to learn and grow!

Jul 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good work life balance with trust and flexibility. -Great people. I like my team and manager. Overall solid talent in every org. -Process and structure in place which is nice especially with career growth. Every 6 months we have a review cycle with career development panels. Great structure to learn and grow in your career! -Our product is fabulous!

Cons

I do think there needs another level of management/leadership. Some things don’t need to be as difficult as it is.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Product, Culture and a Promising Future!

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team - Transparent, smart, reflective and open.

Cons

Need to move faster at times.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Positivity, slowly sinking ship

Jun 23, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good people that are fun to work with. Benefits are great. The data product and space are both pretty cool. Free lunch, snacks and drinks when we were in the office but they might take that away or go remote

Cons

Inexcusably slow growth at a time when our customers, competition, and data market are thriving. Leadership sells the situation as positive and with unrealistic expectations while doing more of the same and quietly adjusting the board plan lower and lower. Seriously....... treat us like adults. They laid off a ton of people last year and took PPP (all public knowledge now) you expect us to think we're good? Do you think our competitors are thriving and raising tons of money while no one is taking a second to question the poor decisions and strategy of leadership? Maybe time to reassess? Since the start of 2020, 5+ vp level leaders and heads of critical departments have bailed. Literally more than half the team of product managers and about half of our product marketing team just left in the last month. They have curbed growth since they hired ex-consultant to "right size spending" and strategically limit careers to save a buck. Somehow more responsibility and customer services business units just go default to the CPO who cannot express a clear thought and just word vomits recycled longwinded nonsense. CEO even jokes about this in allhands. This makes more customer services people leave. No one even knows who is in charge of marketing. All this and CEO says "attrition is totally within expectations". If you are considering an offer, take that as a sign and ask direct questions about the why so many people are bailing and the company health. Leaders are leaving because they know.. it's time to to jump ship

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not a productive or happy place to be

Jun 28, 2021 - G&A
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay isn't bad, work life balance is good, i like my peers, there are lots of down to earth people who deserve better

Cons

way too much favouritism, recruiting encouraged to embellish actual opportunities, i was lied to about actual career advancement, hollow diversity initiatives, obvious problems with work culture that are avoided rather than worked on, bandaids over real people strategy and investment

5 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for letting us know how you feel. I would love to set up time to understand where our career progression opportunities have let you down. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me - I'm eager to hear where we can improve as we are continuing to build out our Learning & Development program.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Open, self-reflective, smart. Great product and company

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture Wicked smart team Low egos up and down the seniority level World class CEO Growing, gaining market share Understand where data ecosystem is going and focused on the right things Incredible data tools and team for understanding the business and product (go figure) Great benefits that reward employees for professional and personal growth Managers show trust and respect

Cons

So much to learn. Never enough time. The data ecosystem is super complex and the tool is very powerful and covers countless use cases. You’ll need to almost treat it like data grad school.

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear that our culture and team at all levels are providing a positive experience. You have a Learning Time Off benefit which provides 40 hours a year for just investing in personal growth and development. If that's still not enough time, we'd love your input so we can consider expanding it!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Time to leave

Jun 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pm and design, good tools, benefits, snacks, cool product

Cons

competitors are winning, growth is stagnant, and i see little impact to what they want to build moving forward. lost faith in leadership and top down vision already started interviewing and i wouldn't join now

5 people found this review helpful

VP of Engineering

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way and would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly. Your feedback is valuable, and I would like to learn what you feel we should do differently.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mixpanel is an amazing place to work

May 7, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

1 All the tools that make the work easy have been made available.

Cons

A lot of my success as a salesperson depends on other humans' decisions.

3 people found this review helpful