KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing Company with Amazing Culture

Nov 10, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love Mixpanel and everything about the company. Our culture is phenomenal, my team is phenomenal, the perks and benefits are fantastic ( volunteer time off, learning time off, etc) and the product continues to be top of the line ( multiple awards and coming ) and there is big investment from leadership in both the team and the product.

Cons

Some growing pains as any company would have in our position

VP of People and Business Operations

We don't plan to change our core value around Be Open and will continue to ask for feedback and work to constantly improve. Thank you so much for letting us know what we should keep doing!

2. 5.0

Love it here!

Jul 29, 2022 - Relationship Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great product, the WORKS

Cons

None off the top of my heads!

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for letting us know that the people and product are positive parts of your experience! If you have any constructive feedback for us, don't hesitate to let us know!

3. 4.0

Global Deal Desk Manager

Aug 2, 2022 - Finance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great product & teams supporting it

Cons

Fast paced & going through some growing pains

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Best People, Product and Company in SaaS right now

May 4, 2022 - Sales Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Highly talented and extremely open / approachable leadership - Core culture of inclusion, helping others, care, kindness and collaboration - Excellent SE team foundations with huge career growth opportunities - Challenging and fun work with realistic goals and achievable targets - Opportunity for career growth is there for everyone - Generous pay, benefits and non monetary perks like wellness days, company events etc.. - Highly refined and executable sales strategy and well defined Ideal Customer Profile - Industry defining product that is leaving competitors behind

Cons

Growth always means change, however the career opportunity outweighs any small pains.

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for your feedback! We are growing and scaling and are consistently trying to ensure that we provide the great employee experience we've become known for. If you ever have constructive feedback, please don't hesitate to come directly to me.

5. 5.0

Awesome company and culture

May 5, 2022 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has been around for 10+ years so there are plenty of established processes to work off of, while still having a startup mindset to make improvements when they are found. At a size where there is still room for lots of upward mobility and ability to shine in a role (not just a number in a large corporation).

Cons

If you're not comfortable navigating in a bit of ambiguity or a self-starter, could be a tough environment for you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting place to work and grow

Mar 25, 2022 - Human Resources Business Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people who are excited and eager to help the company continue to grow. The salary is competitive for companies of this size, and the benefits are great. They have a beautiful office downtown with views of both the GG Bridge and the Bay Bridge, but they allow associates to choose if they would like to wfh or come to the office.

Cons

Truly have not come upon any cons yet. They are a multinational company so depending on what team you are on you might have to work with people in different time zones, so it can make working hours a bit weird at times.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

May 31, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job, my team, my manager

Cons

Still waiting on that ipo

3 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for leaving us feedback! We are constantly evaluating our potential exit timeline and options, wanting to make sure we do the best for our employees. We are on the path and your contributions are so critical. Thank you so much for being a Mixpaneler!

8. 5.0

great culture, strong growth

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO and culture, smart leadership, strong revenue growth

Cons

not too many in-person events during the last 2 years due to Covid

VP of People and Business Operations

We appreciate the feedback and agree - we haven't been able to spend enough time in-person together, which is so critical to building trust and meaningful relationships! We fully plan to continue Mixcursion next year! Please don't hesitate to let us know how to improve on it!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best sales org I have ever worked with

Jan 14, 2022 - Account Exectuve in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

To start, the interview process is lengthy and intensive- which is one of the main reasons I didnt think twice when I got offered the job. Mixpanel doesnt just hire anyone, and they actually take the time to evaluate culture fit, drive, and personality. -The sales management is an all-star team -The pay is above market -The product is an absolute game changer -Some of the best engineers in the world are working to make it better every day, and keep customers happy. When you add this all together, this make the job of a salesperson engaging and lucrative.

Cons

Product is extremely technical, so don't expect to just get by with doing minimal training.

7 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear that your experience is positive so far! We put a lot of effort into hiring the best to drive our long-term success and contribute to our Culture and Values. We're glad you're part of our team!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Challenging Problems, Stimulating People, Competitive Landscape - Where I Want To be

Jul 28, 2021 - Tech Lead in Burlington, VT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mixpanel is full of brilliant, and fiercely determined people working on solving really hard analysis problems at a super massive scale. It's an endlessly interesting and rewarding project, especially if you are the type of person who has a love of learning (and an open mind to do so). If you believe that data (specifically behavioral data) will be at the center of humanity's future, Mixpanel is where you will be best poised to be a part of it. The leadership is both wise and humble - willing to openly admit mistakes and capable of making really solid decisions. That combination is rare (in my experience). There are MANY stand-out I.Cs who are at the top of their respective fields, yet still approachable in most cases. Overall, the culture is inclusive, yet determined. Growth is responsible, built into a sustainable business model. It is my hope that I can spend my entire career working here.

Cons

Sink-or-swim enablement, strong impetus on "figuring it out yourself". Recognition is generally reserved for "above and beyond" work as opposed to quality work. Don't expect to be spoon-fed with extensive training... you'll be disappointed. Behavioral analytics is a fiercely competitive space - this requires that decisions are made quickly. That's both a pro and a con, depending on your perspective.

8 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We are working to build out our enablement program to ensure all employees have the ability to ramp, grow and learn. I'd love to hear your ideas on areas that we should invest in as we continue to grow our enablement team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 229 Reviews

Mixpanel Reviews FAQs

Mixpanel has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 240 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Mixpanel to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mixpanel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mixpanel. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

85% of Mixpanel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mixpanel 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mixpanel to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Mixpanel Job Seekers