MobileIron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was very nice & well organized. The initial phone interview lasted for 45minutes. The phone conversation focused mainly on my resume. The interviewer gave quick introduction about himself & about his team. During onsite interview, I found all interview panelist were very professional & well preferred to the interview. I got few minutes to talk to HR person & found her very professional & transparent about their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give brief introduction about your past experience as manager   Answer Question
    • how do you deal with conflicts within your team? Give an example   Answer Question
    • Write a function to compute factorial of a number & return number of trailing zeros of the final number. Also give the performance of this function   Answer Question
    • How do you find the factor of a number?   Answer Question
    • Given a webpage for a login, how do you design to fit it into the cloud environment? What aspects do you consider while design the system? When do use caching? How do you make SLAs short? What kind of data can be cached? What kind index tools do you use to make things better? What RDBMS to design scalable system?   Answer Question
    • Why http protocol is stateless?   Answer Question
    • What are cookies? Can you write a function to read the cookies set by other websites?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep your team motivated?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the following situation?
      You have star performance in your team. For some reason, company isn't performing well & company decides to give very minimum hike across the organization.   Answer Question
    • How much do you automate? Do you start with automation or manual testing?   Answer Question
    • What are the contents of test plan?   Answer Question
    • Will you have separate teams for manual & automation?   Answer Question
    • What kind of stubs do develop for testing REST APIs?   Answer Question
    • How do you test connected devices & their APIs when there many external dependencies?   1 Answer
    • How do you retain talents?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobileIron in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online without any referral. The HR interview went well. I was not selected in the Technical round. However, all of my answers were correct and I was confident for an on-site interview. I got rejected the next day saying "we will be proceeding with Other Candidates".

Interview Questions

• Difference b/w TCP & UDP.
      DHCP, ARP, How will you open and change permissions of a file in Linux
      Difficult situation in life etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobileIron in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The recruter contacted me over email to setup a phone screen. The call went well, and she was going to check with the hiring manager since the salary was above their range. No feedback for a month, and then I got an email inviting me for a coding interview with the manager, but no mention on the salary. I reminded her that she never got back to me on the salary, and that I won't proceed without a confirmation on the salary. She confirmed that the salary was OK and asked me to interview with the manager. The interview took place a couple days later. The question was very easy, but the manager was lost and did not seem to know about iterator. See details on the question below. He was not able to understand that I could loop through the list and safely remove items using an iterator. So he was not convinced the program works, and asked me to send the full program afterwards. I sent him the java source code, the link to the documentation on iterator, the instructions to build and run the code, and the output of the program. And since then, no feedback. After a couple days, I wrote to both the recruter and the manager, no response till now.

The minimum a candidate would expect after going through 2 rounds of interviews is an email. Even if the decision is to not go forward, at least the company owes you that. And I found it very unprofessional that the recruter did this twice.
    I hope their CEO monitors this so that he can hire better recruiters. In order to attract you need to have good recruiters, it all starts from there.

Don't waste your time with this company. Many of their employees are leaving (not surprising after all...), I encourage you to read their feedback.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers from 1 to 10, write code that will start 2 threads which will remove items from the list. One thread will remove the even numbers while the other will remove the odd ones.   1 Answer

MobileIron Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We're always looking to improve our recruiting experience, please contact me so we can discuss. btonar@mobileiron.com

Brian Tonar
    Director of Talent

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process from phone screen to offer took about 1 month. I had a phone screen with a recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, 2 onsite interviews, another phone follow-up with the manager, and then the offer was made two days later.

The interview for this position was easy and they asked basic questions about how I would handle difficult clients, what are some past situations I resolved well, etc. They seemed very concerned that a candidate wouldn't be allowed to handle the stress that came with this job.

Everyone I interviewed with was casual and friendly and seemed like a great team to work with - the only negative part of the experience was with the recruiter after I was given an offer. She was very pushy when I didn't sign the offer right away and was rude when I was asking questions about 401(k), PTO, Salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you made the wrong decision and it adversely affected the client. Describe an experience when you made a great decision and it benefited the client.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with the a CEO of a client company yelling at you about how much MobileIron sucks?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important skills to have in this role?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobileIron.

Interview

Was reached out to by HR. Went through 3 phone interviews and feedback from each was positive. However, no follow up from company even after I followed up on several occasions. Based on their hiring practices, i'm actually glad i didn't hear back. Perhaps an indicator of why they continue to struggle. Poor business practices...

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

5 Skype interviews followed by 4 personal interviews at Mountain view, Overall a great experience. all the interviewer were knowledgeable and humble, Each interviewer has a field to ask questions from, Windows Servers/AD, PKI, Virtualization Storage, Linux, Process related.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer has a field to ask questions from, Windows Servers/AD, PKI, Virtualization Storage, Linux, Process related.   Answer Question

I had some personal reason, nothing against the offer or Mobileiron

Vice President/General Manager of Applications Te Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I talked to two people over the phone as the first two rounds of phone screening and then got the onsite interview which I talked to 6 people including my boss, my team, and my peers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

started on time, interviewers were not pleasant in talking and rude, the way they were dressed as if they are relaxing on a beach or on a picnic, every interviewer has set questions to ask and would accept the answers which seem right to them, they were not open for lengthy discussions, not much information on the company, about the team etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole process took only about 1 week. This is the stupidest interview I have been through. The company was recommended by a recruiter. The phone screen was good and normal, it's about some basic java concepts like final, interface/abstract class, and I was asked to write a blocking queue and then some sql. The interviewer was nice and he knew I did good job. Then I went to onsite after 2 days, when I already had two offers and I told the recruiter about them. 3 interviewers talked with me, who are senior software engineers/manager/director. The funny thing is all these guys' knowledge about java is just final, abstract class and interface, and blocking queue and simple SQLs, they couldn't even ask any advanced topics. They repeated asking me similar low-level questions again and again, and the manager didn't even know what to ask, she was not confident and thought like an old machine with long response time. I tried so hard to answer them with patience. The most funny thing was I received an email saying that they would not move forward when I was still talking with the third guy. I don't think I didn't anything wrong, I received offers from much better companies but was rejected by these guys who couldn't even ask any advanced questions, and they didn't show basic politeness. The only reason I could imagine is that the offers I mentioned are beyond what they could afford.

This company is full of dumb persons and they have no demeanor at all. I don't recommend anybody to contact them unless there is no other options, or you want to see how stupid a company could be.

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MobileIron (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on linkedin and I was reached out within a day or so and a 45 min technical phone interview was quickly set up. I was asked to solve the following questions on collabedit.

Interview Questions

• # For Ex if str = '{0} and {1} or {2} or {0}' and values = ['king', 'Hey', 'kumar'] then output should be 'king and Hey or kumar or king'
      # For Ex If str = '{0}{1}{2}' and values = ['king', 'Hey', 'kumar'] then output should be 'kingHeykumar'
      # For Ex If str = 'this is beautiful day {2}' and values = ['a', 'b', 'fruit'] then output should be 'this is beautiful day fruit'

Write generic formatString implmentation using regex   2 Answers
    • Write a program that generates fibonnacci series using recursion. For ex generate an output like 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144, 233, 377, 610, 977. Every number is a sum of previous 2 numbers with the exception of number 1 which is repeated twice. Terminate your program when the last number is >= 1000   Answer Question
    • Write a generic program which looks through each object in the list of objects,
      returning an array of all the objects that contain all of the key-value pairs listed in properties.
      Below is the example.

then output should be []

function findObjects(list, propJSON) {

}   Answer Question
    • Write program to generate random numbers between 20 and 50   1 Answer
    • Write a program that generates string like "x seconds ago", "x minutes ago", "x hours ago", "x days ago". The input to the function is past time in milli seconds.
      For eg. If current time is 9:00 AM and pastTimeInMilliSeconds is 8:00 AM in milliseconds then output should be "1 hour ago". ex. is 122334567888999

function getTime(pastTimeInMilliSeconds) {