ModCloth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ModCloth Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.7

Pittsburgh Office Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ModCloth.

Interview

Applied to the position and then was contacted for a phone screen. After the phone screen I was invited to the property for a face-to-face interview.

I was invited for a second face-to-face interview but was out of town at the time they wanted to schedule it. After saying I was out of town but giving them my next availability, I was met with a generic rejection template email that wasn't even entirely filled out.

Overall pretty poor experience. I think the fact that they reject you if you aren't able to drop everything and run in (even if you're across the country on a vacation you told them you'd be on) says a lot about their work culture. I'd imagine this trend would carry through to work schedules with disregard to vacation. It's actually a bit humorous because they were obviously interested in me but opted to reject me because I was away. Oh well! I don't think I was hip enough to work there anyway!

Assistant Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ModCloth (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Interview phone call with the Hiring manager
    2. Interview phone call with the Technical Designer
    3. Came into Modcloth Los Angeles and interviewed with 6 different people for 2 hours. They came by themselves or in groups of 2. Everyone pretty much asked the same exact questions, so it seemed kinda pointless and a waste of time to have to repeat myself 4 times in a row.
    Overall everyone was super nice and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked - If you had a lot of work to do and knew you wouldn't finish, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ModCloth (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a joke- they asked why I wanted to work for Modcloth. Modcloth also did not pay employees on time. So some people from the Portland IRL actually quit because it was weeks before we would get our paycheck.

Personal Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ModCloth (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. First one asking about availability and experience. 2nd was a group interview more in depth about past experience, interests, background, and how I've handled customers. They asked favorite places to shop and asked to describe what I thought the Modcloth customer was.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked in a fast paced high traffic environment with sale goals?   1 Answer

Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ModCloth (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Way too long and drawn out. I had a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with my manager and the Department Manager, followed by a Google Hangout call with the Controller in San Francisco, followed by another face-to-face interview with the HR Manager, another manager in the Finance Department, and the Department Manager again, lastly followed by a phone call with the CEO in Los Angeles. It was 2 solid weeks of interviewing which was disruptive to my existing work schedule.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ModCloth (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview prior to the Holiday's. After our call the recruiter never followed up for a second interview as she stated she would on call. So I followed up and she stated that they would love to proceed to a second phone screen with the hiring manager. I sent my availabilty and never heard back (keep in mind this was right before Christmas). So I followed up again to do this after the Holiday's. The recruiter finally replied and said they offered the job to someone else. I was very confused, since it had only been a week from our call. The recruiter also stated that they feel I am a strong candidate and would consider me if a another role opens up.

Early January the same role opened up again and out of excitement I emailed the recruiter to about it, since she said I am a strong candidate and would be considered again. She gave me a short answer and said to apply and if they feel I am a good fit they will contact me. I was very disappointed.

Tip to Modcloth: Be straight forward. If you do not want to proceed with someone just tell them, so we do have to waste our time.

Warehouse Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ModCloth (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview for either one or multiple positions. Go around the table and everyone answers each question one at a time. Interviewees were then separated into groups determined by position and interview with that position's manager and associate manager and some team members.

Interview Questions

• What experience or interest you have that relates to a specific position.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Interview

The process was conducted efficiently and the interviewers were great. Had concise questions, open dialogue, friendly atmosphere. Met with multiple people and departments, as they really want to ensure you are the right fit and vice versa.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ModCloth (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Good process, well organized. Thorough questions; everyone in the process had a clear role in terms of the types of questions asked. There was an emphasis on cultural fit, understanding of the business, and management ability. Not so much on technical skills. People were friendly and open. Company was struggling, though.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview question: how would I evaluate the possibility of physical retail stores?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ModCloth (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Call with recruiter one day, another day.. call with manager, then a full afternoon of interviewing on a separate day- met with about 5 people from 2-6pm- no breaks with a math test that I was given 20 mins to do with about 5 problems and a full SWOT analysis and more questions.
    I ended up doing poorly on the test due to timing and nerves.
    They had little regard that I was there all afternoon with barely any water being questioned in warm rooms 4 hours. Also seemed at the end the manager was just questioning how my old company did things because they are such a mess and are trying to know what others do.

I would not recommend interviewing here based on the personalities I met and what is happening with company.