Mohawk Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2018

2.3

Safety Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Calhoun, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Went through and initial phone screen with the recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter failed to make the initial interview scheduled and rescheduled for a later time the same day. The second interview was a video interview that was very awkward, but made it on to the next round. Recruiter provided dates and times for the next phone interview with the VP HR. After I selected one of the days and times she provided I was told that time was no longer available. Then I selected a different date and time and received no response. In the meantime I received an employment offer a from different company that I had been interviewing with for several weeks. In an effort to secure a time and date for the next interview I let the recruiter know that I had an offer from the other company and would like to go ahead and get a time and date scheduled. I was then dismissed as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What was my proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interview

there was no real interview process I went in took a drug test and that was it there was no real interview questions or people other than the lady in hr

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Chatsworth, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

First we were to give a training presentation on a supplied subject. Followed by a normal interview process with respected leadership. Entire interview lasted around fifty minutes. Interviewers were sure to thank me for my time. It was a great learning experience.

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interview

I had applied for the position back in November 2016. I received a phone call in January for a general phone screen by the recruiter. At the end of the conversation, I had another phone call a few days later with the two hiring managers. The two hiring managers ask about your who you are, background and the go into the detail for the position itself. I was asked to come in to an onsite interview a couple of weeks later.

The onsite interview consisted of back to back interviews with a couple of associates, two hiring managers, the person I would be replacing, and the VP of finance. The interviews went extremely well in my opinion, but it does take up the majority of the day (an hour a person). The interview setting was comfortable and they want to get to know you in a typical interview format.

I was told I would hear back from them in at least a couple of weeks, but I had not heard from them until a month later with a rejection e-mail. Before the rejection letter, I had tried to follow up with the hiring managers to see whether or not I had landed the job. Unfortunately, i had not heard any correspondence. I am not sure why the didn't choose me as I was confident I did very well, but I am sure they had their reason(s).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at X company? Can you handle X situation(s)?   Answer Question

Trainer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Calhoun, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially spoke with recruiter over phone before in person interview. In person interview was very casual, more of a conversational interview. Panel interview with demonstration. Team was informative about company, team and position.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Danville, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with internal recruiter. Phone Screen with HR manager. Phone Screen with hiring manager. On site interview with hiring manager, HR manager, plant controller. Did a long tour with the hiring manager and then sat down with him and the HR manager for lunch and more questions. Didn't hear anything from them the following week so I checked in and the HR manager informed me the company was going through some restructuring and the position was on hold but they were still interested in me. About a month later, I received a form letter from them that I didn't meet their qualifications.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked me about my experience, how long i was in design and also my process and approach to designing a project. Then they wanted to know about my design background

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a design project with little supervision from your boss and just the brief to go with.   Answer Question

Plant Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries.

Interview

I was contacted via email by HR. She said I'd be an ideal candidate and to please click on the link to fill out an application. I responded to her email and said that I would complete it the next day. She replied thank you and looked forward to speaking to me. That was almost a month ago and I still have not heard from her nor anyone at Mohawk. Very disappointing and will reconsider my purchase of its products in the future. If this is how they treat potential employees, I would hate to see how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions yet because I was not called   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Dalton, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in December of 2016 and received a phone call from a recruiter in mid-January asking me to arrive at a local carpet mill for an interview. I was given an appointment a week from the initial phone screening which was pretty easy, just basic questions regarding my resume and background. When I arrived for my interview a week later I met with the Plant Manager. We sat and had a 1 on 1 interview. He went over my background and experience and wasn't being too critical. We talked about the manufacturing process and I showed interest in the industry. However it didn't seal the deal and I received a rejection e-mail a month later.

Interview Questions

• Would you be fine managing factory floor personnel and their schedules?   1 Answer

SAP Business Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mohawk Industries (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday and received an initial email from the recruiter that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me and when to set up an initial phone call, a few days later. The hiring manager and I spoke for nearly an hour.

I was invited shortly thereafter for an in-face interview with 4 interviewers one-on-one over 4 hours. I felt it went pretty well, and was pretty pleased after the interview. I was told that they would be making the decision within the next few weeks.

I gave it an extra week before replying. The reply I received was very salty and left a sour taste in my mouth. The recruiter mentioned that I was to never reply back to them, and that they would "be in touch." Just FYI: I asked in a very neutral manner, just for a status update, and if anyone was selected.

The interview was back in August 2016. January 25th, I received the official rejection email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would approach their solution when there was hardly any documentation available.   Answer Question