Molex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Molex (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair booth for Molex and they assigned me an interview time for the next day. Mostly personalized questions were asked and then he left it open for questions and a discussion.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult team member and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose engineering as your major?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Molex.

Interview

Got an email for a phone screen with hiring manager. Manager did not call at the scheduled time and there was over an hour delay. Since it's a new team they don't know what they want. Reached out to assigned recruiter several times, who I never spoke with before and he never responded. Waited over a month and then I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates. Very unprofessional hiring process to say the very least. Branding is not all about the products and services you sell it's also about your culture and the way you treat external job candidates as well as your employees. First impressions speak volumes.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Molex.

Interview

This is a fairly standard process where you are put in a room and you meet with specific people from the company. Molex has a specific process they use and questions that each person must ask.

Interview Questions

• what type of projects have you worked on in a group and give details   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molex (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening first, than I got invited for a on-site interview for 3.5hrs.
    Most of the questions are about your previous projects and resume, plus some behavior questions. No tough questions, interviewer are very friendly

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Molex (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Smooth and professional. it takes 45 min . they asked me about my previse carriers and how to improve the production process . Two managers and one supervisor were sitting asking me and listen deeply for my answers to find more questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you leaving your full time position and Appling for this term contract position   1 Answer

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Molex (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a temp job that I applied on the Adecco website and worked with the recruiter there to have me scheduled for a 2 hour interview with 3 people- supervisor, team leader, and manager. The temp job were to last for 1- 1/2 years and had to go through with this process where I had to schedule my interview for in the morning and had to makeup my hours at my temp job at the time. Was asked situational questions such as what you've had to experience in certain situations or if you've dealt with particular situations. Supervisor and team leader seemed more laid back, but the manager wasn't all that bad, just more rigorous and straight to the point.
    Finding the visitor's parking was a pain & had to go through a security gate & ended up arriving in the lobby about 5 min late only to have 3 other people ahead of me and a group behind me- all at the same time and we all had to give our ids to be checked in. So had to wait a few more minutes to be retrieved for the interview process.
    But alas, never heard back from Adecco regarding their decision.... all of this for a temp gig.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

A Behavior interview was conducted to view characteristic to align with company guiding principles and MBM philosophy. Knowing and understanding the culture of the company and providing examples of being a great fit is helpful.

Interview Questions

• What does the word Value mean to you.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, the Engineering Manager and the HR Manager. The HR manager seemed nice but the Engineering Manager had a scowl on his face. Immediately I can sense the bias especially from the Engineering Manager. They hardly asked any technical questions and the interview only lasted 30 minutes. Not a good sign. Whatever questions they asked I was able to answer.
    The frustrating is they told you at the end of the interview that they will let me know either way what the decision is. I emailed the manager, called and texted the Talent Acquisition person several times but no response. If they are like this from the start, why would I pursue a career with them? My last name is hispanic so maybe they thought I was until they saw me. Like what I said, I sensed the bias from the beginning.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Molex (Maumelle, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Got invited for an on-site interview session from my school career fair. I was late to the office because of the morning traffic, along with the fact they have two offices 5 minutes apart from each other.

Interview Questions

• What was your education background?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will receive an email to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview will be a panel interview lasting 2.5 hours.