Molex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Head hunter interview 1hr, hiring manager interview 1hr, board interview 3 hr. Good impression from their interest to hire the right guy but if you are not, expect 0 feedback

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who reviewed my resume and skills, then scheduled a phone interview with another recruiter. I waited and waited for the call. I contacted the recruiter that scheduled the interview and she told me the recruiter had to leave and would call me later on that week. Never heard from anyone. Today received email telling me I don’t qualify for their position. What a joke, as I have many years of experience as an HR professional. Molex very unprofessional.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Molex (Orange, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by an admin to schedule a phone interview with that talent specialist. On the same day of my phone interview, the admin called to reschedule. I rescheduled the call and never received that interview call. Please recognize the job search is a two way street and respect the time of your candidates. Highly unprofessional and disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex (New York, NY).

Interview

They ask pretty basic questions like what are you passionate about and where do you see yourself in 10 years? It's overall a pretty simple process and the people are very easy to talk to. Dress nice and come prepared, bring a bottled water because they can last a while.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Molex.

Interview

Applied for the job online, was emailed a few days later to set up an interview on-site. Before an interview I got a tour of the campus. The interview was three hours. Each hour, I would talk to a new person within the division. It was mostly behavioral.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex in October 2017.

Interview

Sophomore in college. First had a phone screen that was mostly behavioral fit questions. On that very call, I learned I would have a "technical" screen the following week, which would be an hour long skype call. My skype didn't work, so I accidentally showed up fifteen minutes "late" to the meeting. They mostly asked about my classes, but didn't seem very interested.

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Molex in October 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview. That was a combination of questions about your resume and personal questions to get a better understanding of who you are. Gave good opportunities to differentiate yourself. Interview ended with an invitation to have a tour of the location.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molex (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple S.T.AR-based questions. 4 different people interviewed me after getting a tour of the facility. The whole process was a bit unorganized due to confusion with managers of where I was supposed to be interviewed at. The place was a bit outdated and seemed unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What was one obstacle you faced while working with a group?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Molex (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair booth for Molex and they assigned me an interview time for the next day. Mostly personalized questions were asked and then he left it open for questions and a discussion.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult team member and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose engineering as your major?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Molex.

Interview

Got an email for a phone screen with hiring manager. Manager did not call at the scheduled time and there was over an hour delay. Since it's a new team they don't know what they want. Reached out to assigned recruiter several times, who I never spoke with before and he never responded. Waited over a month and then I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates. Very unprofessional hiring process to say the very least. Branding is not all about the products and services you sell it's also about your culture and the way you treat external job candidates as well as your employees. First impressions speak volumes.