Monetate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Monetate

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Started out with a generic phone interview, simple questions like "Why Monetate?" Then moved onto a more technical interview with two of the team engineers, after that phone interview I was then invited to the office for an in-person coding challenge and lunch with the team, overall a nice experience!

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA).

Interview

Panel style interview where you present a short deck about why you feel you would be a great fit for the company and then you go through the process of sitting with members of your potential team and more or less discuss your prior experience and your fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• Ask to explain in detail what the company does for clients   1 Answer

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I'll start by saying that Monetate's software seems to be a valuable resource for retail manufacturers. I can't see it being very valuable in any other industry, maybe financial services like consumer banking/investing.

I interviewed for the Inside Sales Manager position twice.

1st Time:

I reached out to Monetate looking for any type of inside sales position as I was very interested in the up & coming software company. They happened to be building an inside sales team to sell Engage, their email marketing product. An internal recruiter "J" followed up with me. We had a phone interview. Straight-forward, asked about my background and my interest. Next phone interview was with one of the Sales Operations managers, once again, nothing outside of the normal first phone interview, basic questions about my current work and performance.

I was then asked to come on-site, which I did during the week (I had to call this a doctors appointment so it caused me to use some personal time). The manager I spoke with was unavailable so I met with two gentlemen from the Business Development Team. Great guys, I really liked them, but they had nothing to do with the management that I would be reporting to. Spent about an hour talking about how I go about selling in my current job, my performance, my previous training. They asked questions but nothing was behavioral or unexpected. They tried to pressure me a bit by giving me some made up scenarios to see how I would handle it. As I answered I got the sense that I was writing their future training manual. I didn't really get the sense that the people there were formally training for inside software sales. Left on a good note and was told that I would be followed up with in a week's time.

I emailed the recruiter twice in the first two weeks after the on-site. On the second email I was told that they were overcoming some internal hurdles and would reach out to me ASAP once they had good news. Included in the response was their employee health benefits package. I have no idea why they sent that, I guess they thought it was a deal sweetener despite everything being pretty average.

2 months pass with no word.

During this time I probably emailed them three times, about once every two weeks. I never heard back.

2nd Time:

A new recruiter, "A", was now reaching out to me saying that she had spoken with J who said she should reach out to me for the Inside Sales Manager position. I explained that I had already interviewed for that and J never followed up to my multiple attempts to re-engage. A explained that they had to hire like 2 tiers of managers before hiring team members which is what held up the timeline. Reasonable, but still didn't excuse the complete lack of communication.

I had about two phone calls with A and she asked me to come back on-site to meet the new managers. I asked her to send me some content in writing that describe their comp package, since I had already put in a lot of effort on my end without having received much in return. A week passed and she offered to give me "an update from the new manager regarding some of my comp package questions, but that I would have to come on-site to hear the rest."

At this point I'm completely disinterested in pursuing any type of sales position at Monetate.

The company seemed young, fun, and they had interesting software to sell, however, it all seemed very unprofessional and childlike (regarding child-like: everyone wears whatever they want, lots of toys and random stuff floating around the office, etc.). They are trying to re-create a silicon valley feel on the east coast and I think expectations are higher over here regarding professionalism. This company may seem amazing to a lot of millennials (I'm one as well), however, if you're going to promote a fun work environment, you need to maintain a high level of professionalism externally.

I need more than wearing un-tucked flannel shirts and free lunch to hit my professional goals and Monetate just didn't seem like they had much figured out yet. This company could be set up to do great things, but I think they are years away from becoming what they think they already are.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Engage if the prospect did not indicate having a pain or challenge to overcome?   1 Answer

I can't say I was offered a job since I withdrew from the process before getting to that point, but I think it would have been easy to get an offer if I stuck around. Best of luck to future interviewers. I would say this would be an excellent intro to inside software sales for recent grads since it is hard to break into software as a young professional.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Monetate (New York, NY).

Interview

Required a presentation that took an extensive amount of time to prepare for. Did not work with a recruiter, but with the department manager directly. Never received a follow-up call, e-mail or letter regarding status.

Interview Questions

Monetate Response

Dec 30, 2016 – Sr. Manager, Human Resources

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would love to talk to you more about your experience and interview process as Monetate does not have an office in New York or positions called... More

Intern Interview

Interview

Talked to two recruiters, one engineer and one UX designer because I had some UX on my resume. They asked me questions about my resume and experience since they wanted to see if I would be a fit for what the company was looking for. At the time, they needed web development interns which I wasn't very experienced in so I didn't get past the first round. Overall, very nice people willing to answer questions.

Market Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a friend of a friend. I was put in contact with "J" in HR for a quick and painless phone interview. From there I scheduled a phone interview with my future manager and was later called in for an in-person interview at the HQ. I was offered the job on my way home from the interview.

Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Monetate.

Interview

Had a phone screening with recruiter before being called in for on-site interview. Everyone positive, friendly, seemed like a fantastic work atmosphere. Interviewer was cordial and asked intelligent, relevant questions.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monetate (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

It wasn't a very pleasant experience. The company recruiter got in touch with me and set up a phone screen with a technical person. We didn't seem to connect well during the interview process and after 10 minutes into the call, he said HR would be in touch with me probably to set up another call. I emailed the recruiter and never heard back from them. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved and how you did it.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 3 Phone interviews and then they flew me in for a day long face to face. I stayed at a dump of a hotel. The did not reimburse me for expenses. Food, parking etc. Overall a pretty negative experience. If offered I was going to decline.

Interview Questions

• I met with lots of people asking ok questions until they sent two people to talk about culture and fit. They started asking the really dumb questions that everyone hates and really mean no a thing.   1 Answer

Monetate Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Sr. Manager, Human Resources

I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative interview experience. I wish you, or the recruiter who submitted you for this position, contacted us right away to let us know about the issues you stated in... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Monetate (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was referred by an employee (always very promising especially in a small company like Monetate). The recruiter got back to me fairly quickly at first and phone screened me. She then phone interviewed me several weeks later. The job description had not been finalized. I followed up a few times because she expressed a great deal of interest in me. Eventually, she "got too busy" and handed the process over to the hiring manager who never called me at all. Overall, I would say that the process was flimsy and unstructured. The timeline was long and dragged out.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. The interview was very conversational.   Answer Question