Moneycorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moneycorp

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moneycorp (Providence, RI) in October 2018.

Interview

Connected with HR for a phone screening and had a second call with the actual hiring manager. They scheduled time for me to have an in-person that lasted just over an hour. I was informed I would be contacted regarding next steps on whether or not I would be moving on in the interview process. I reached out to HR twice for follow ups as instructed to do so. My emails have gone unanswered. I took time out of my workday to come in for an in-person interview and you don't have the professionalism or decency to at least send an email letting an applicant know they're not moving onto the next phase? Awful.

Interview Questions

• More so how would I handle different situations and not so much about my experience and fit for the job.   Answer Question

Moneycorp Response

May 20, 2019 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback on the interview process. It appears that your interview was late last year in 2018 and seems to be around the time when our previous HR representative was... More

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

I sent my CV and Application form to HR. After a brief phone interview I was invited to interview at their office with the head of legal and a solicitor. They were both really friendly and the interview itself felt more like a chat about my background and skills. At the end I completed a case study and explained to the interviewers what approach I would take. I was told that I would be informed of the outcome by next week. After two weeks I followed this up with HR who said there was a delay in the process and that I would be updated shortly. A further two weeks went by and I had still not relieved a response and the HR staff member did not respond to my emails. After five weeks I reached out to another HR staff member who swiftly told me I had not been successful. Overall a very positive experience with the legal department but the HR team is clearly very disorganised, unprofessional and has very little respect for candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are Moneycorps key functions; what would you bring to the role; a case study on a fictitious client wanting a customised payment system; a GDPR problem question   Answer Question

Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Everyone involved was very helpful and the Assessment Centre was run perfectly. Really highlighted the company as a great organisation to work for. The managers were very helpful and the recruitment staff really explained the day perfectly. Gave us enough time to prepare for our Group exercise and presentation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moneycorp (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of questions about my previous job and carried on to how I can be an asset to joining the Moneycorp team. There was a small math test which wasn't too bad to see if you know the math basics.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to the Moneycorp team?   1 Answer
    • How to you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Having sent my application to the email provided I got call back very soon, to invite me to the next stage of interviews. This call was also a screening interview, since the company offers an attractive package with OTE of 20K at one of its airports. A very pleasant lady wanted to check I was happy to proceed with the remuneration they had to offer. It was clear then that there was much more to the salary than meets the eye.
    It was explained that the basic is about 14.5 and the rest upon team performance.
    I accepted what I was told and espoused my virtues and interest in the role, to agree the time for the next interview in person at the airport.
    I have taken time to digest the information on Glassdoor, which I found very useful, especially in my appraisal of the current Moneycorp structure and how like many large firms, they have strong criticism from now ex-employees - but can leave the reader to find those.
    During this interview and screening I heard more about the processes involved in working at the airport, again to ensure I was a qualifying applicant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of 7 interviews and a psychometric test over a 4 month period with a multitude of different people - having been approached by Moneycorp. After which I couldn't get any feedback or a straightforward response from anyone. I'm guessing I didn't get the job, but having invested so much of my time, I would have expected someone to have the professionalism to explain to me why, or even to have the decency to confirm they weren't going to be making an offer.

Interview Questions

• Many questions over a series of 7 interviews, covering my background, experience and aspirations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moneycorp.

Interview

I was contacted through an agency.

I had heard nothing but good things about moneycorp and the interview process was very quick. I had a first stage interview an OPQ test and then a second stage with the Head of HR.

I was on boarded within 10 days of initial contact with the company

Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneycorp (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly sent the application letters to the refered email address.
    about 3 days, received an interview invitation. very quick respond. and the interview was arranged 5 days later.
    Very friendly interview. Easy and relaxing atmosphere like a normal chat with friend.
    Total process lasted about 20 minutes.
    Interview by the manager, very nice guy.
    The questions involved were regular ones, not technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself;
      why do you apply for the company/ position;
      career goal & future plan;
      what do you know about the exchange market? current news and your understanding?;
      what do you know about Moneycorp?
      how did you exchange your money when went aboard?
      how do you understand this role?
      what's your plan in June? (i don't know if it relates to availability concerns)
      Any questions u want to ask?   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Practical examples where I was timed to provide responses. Industry specific questions where I was asked what I knew about Compliance frameworks, specific Acts and trends being adopted by companies.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what the forthcoming MLD4 Directive centres around.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneycorp (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Thought I was going in for an interview but was just a 10 minute chat, something that could have been done over the phone instead of wasting time and money traveling into central london. 2 hours later got told I was unsuccessful.