MyVest Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MyVest

MyVest

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MyVest

Interview

Started off with a screening call from recruiter. Then set up phone screens with a lead and a QA manager. Both missed the scheduled times more than once which showed they were NOT serious with my application. After multiple rounds of 1-1 interviews and many weeks later, they made me an offer. Since they didn't respect my time and I didn't want to work for a "startup" with no upside, I declined. My two cents: DON'T WASTE TIME WITH MYVEST!!!

Interview Questions
  • The usual tell me about yourself question.
    Answer Question

MyVest

Application

I interviewed at MyVest

Interview

Applied through job fair. Recruiter scheduled in person interviews at their office. 4 rounds of interviews - 2 coding based and 2 about experience/projects. All took place on the same day, about 4 hours total.

Interview Questions
  • How to create a hash map from scratch. Past project experience.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

MyVest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MyVest

Interview

A one hour phone call screening and then followed by four hour in person interview. Followed by company overview and demo. 4 hour interview includes technical, HR, manager and Director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

4 back to back 45-minute interviews. Primarily focused on coding problems on a white board. Interviewers were very helpful, walking through problems with you and setting aside time at the end of each session to answer questions and expand on their roles in the company.

Interview Questions
  • Walk through how you would code a game of poker. Write efficient functions to solve specified problems.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The process started with the recruiter call(45 min). After asking basic questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "Why MyVest?", she explained the position to me and asked around 15 Java questions(Started getting good vibes about the company, felt like I was interviewing for a nice company who understands the value of time of candidates and interviewers) at the end of call she told me that she will share my answers with the hiring manager and will go from there. The next day I got an email saying Hiring manager wants to schedule a 45 min call(discussed my background and projects) followed by a 45 min technical screening(a bit complicated mathematical coding problem which I was able to crack and satisfy the interviewer). Then On-site interview was scheduled 5 rounds 45 min each(Interview with Product Manager, Staff Engineer, Architect, QA member and then Hiring Manager). It was a long process but didn't felt like that. The communication with the recruiter and the co-ordinator was quick and clear.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MyVest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MyVest

Interview

Got a phone interview with the HR, however the person on the phone was not showing interests in me at all. I still tried and introduced myself and my experiences, but in the end I did not get a followup response from them. Totally felt like a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
  • A generic introduction of their company and typical hr questions, nothing special.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019

Interview

Thanks for taking approx 10 minutes to interview a potential candidate. On the first day even though a calendar invite was sent a week before, the introductory phone call is canceled at the last minute. That shows how serious they are about a candidate. The mail that I received for scheduling a phone call started as " Good News! We are scheduling a phone call with you!". I mean really!! If a candidate is looking for a job, then also please note that the company is also looking for someone to help them. You are not doing a favor!! I started getting bad vibes when the call got canceled the first time. I thought things happen that's ok and I am all set for next day's call with the same excitement. When I get a call there's no introduction about the role, nor about the team. I am not even asked to introduce myself!!! The rescheduled call is hardly 10 minutes and just 3 questions and they decide the candidate is not a fit!! It is sad that the company decides a candidate on 3 questions: 1) Why did you choose Myvest? 2) Why are you interested in fintech companies? 3) Any questions for me? Really?? What was the deciding factor? Please value a candidate's time. My cover letter was very detailed and it listed my major projects which thet didn't take the time to read. I was asked for what all positions I have applied? I did all the research on CrunchBase and glassdoor and read your engineering blogs too. When I can do the homework why can't the person who is interviewing? If from my resume my experience wasn't what you were looking for then why was the phone call scheduled first of all? Major issue: I was interviewed for full stack role but I receive an automated message that I have been rejected for Software-Engineer-1 position! Seriously?! I would have accepted the rejection if I were unable to complete a technical phone screen or a take-home or a soft-skills phone screen. A 7-minute introductory call to decline a candidate is not a standard in a Tech Industry! I have taken the time to write this mail in the hope that you would be more mindful about a candidate's excitement regarding a company and not make fun of that by rejecting within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

Had 1 phone call with recruiter, 1 phone screen with the HM, and 2 phone screens with front-end and back-end engineer respectively. Then I went on-site where I had 5 technical interviews and a lunch interview. Process was hectic as it involved multiple phone screens but it was smooth. I was juggled with two different recruiters and was given wrong information at times (including their building address lol). I felt the interviews were very badly organized. Most interviewers had to stretch the time because they started late and I didn't had enough time to ask questions. Some interviewers asked a Hard question when only about 20 mins were left and gave wrong hints. Overall everyone had a positive personality and were friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Design an application you have worked on in the past and talk about different components.
  • Given multiple infinitely long streams, sorted in ascending order which "only had a pop operation" which pops the element from the front. Implement a function that would give you the min element every time you call it.
  • Given an unsorted integer array, find the smallest missing positive integer.
  • What projects have you worked on. Explain a project in detail and how it fits together? What project your team works on what is my role in it? (Design and explain)
  • Create a data model from one of your projects. Then I was asked to write SQL queries to accomplish multiple tasks on the data model.
  • Interviewer came with multiple Javascript functions to implement. Including callbacks, promises and basic maps.
  • Questions on Resume content, multithreading, micro services architecture, testing (every interview asked questions on testing), discuss projects on resume. Also, every interviewer asked about 2-3 behavioral questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2018

Interview

I had a total of three phone screens and one onsite interview session. The first two phone screens covered recruiting/general info and the third was a technical code share session. During the onsite interview I met with 5 different team members covering everything from behavioral to technical topics.

Interview Questions
  • Show me how you would implement a drop-down menu.
  • What are the benefits of single page applications?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MyVest (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

One of the best interview process I've ever come across, very friendly and quick to respond. Explains the process in depth, questions asked in interview were so relevant to the role I interviewed for. They look for someone who fits the position and role with very good problem solving skills. PS: The VP is one of best person you can come across, makes you feel very comfortable. You forget that it's an interview and more of a discussion

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews